Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TCSS compatability  (Read 1464 times)
weardow7
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« on: September 17, 2012, 04:53:17 AM »

OK, so I didn't know where else to post this, my bad if it's wrong.

My question is, I'm thinking of getting a few of the MHS emitters from TCSS, because I'd really like a few more options when it comes to customizing my saber. Anyway, on the TCSS website, they mention that most of their emitters are the "new style", and need a "new style" heat sink.

My question is, do I need to spend the extra money with them to get that heat sink, or would I be able to just get the emitter by itself and use the heat sinks from US?

I already asked the guys at TCSS the same question, and I don't mean to badmouth anyone, but they had no idea whether the emitter would work with the US heat sinks or not, so I figured one of you guys might own stuff from TCSS and might now a bit about how they work with US gear.

Thanks guys.

Current Collection:
*US Dark Catalyst, BR
*US Archon v2, GB with Catalyst Pommel
*Master Replicas Mace Windu
*Master Replicas Anakin ROTS
*Hasbro Darth Vader removable blade

Wishlist:
*Guardian, GB
*Bellicose, CG
*Graflex, AB

Currently working on two custom sabers.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:15:40 PM »

The heat sinks have a different setup at TCSS than the US ones do.  I'll try to snap a pic when I get home, but in the meantime I'll just attempt an explanation.

The TCSS heat sinks actually fit inside the emitters themselves, whereas the US ones sit deeper down in the hilt.  I've had some trouble attempting to use TCSS emitters with my Consular for this reason, because the MLS unit won't really work with the structure of the emitter.  Like I said though, I'll double check when I get home and let you know!

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:22:40 PM »

you should be fine as most ultrasabers hilts, the mls unit actually sits in th e body of the hilt, whereas the tcss ones actually sit just inside the emitter

just remember if you order an emitter from tcss to have them "drill and tap" it for a blade retention screw

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: