Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Colored Tubes/blades  (Read 17916 times)
kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -53

« on: August 04, 2015, 01:25:47 AM »

This is Oblivion with a red colored blade with a blazing red led. It looks like a heavy grade blade but the red is a bit darker.

The tube came from TCSS. It comes with no inner film or end cap. It sounds a bit stiff but is pretty flexible

Above is what it looks like with an Adegan silver led. With this the end cap looks Pretty bad as it glows white.
Overall the blade looks great. The thing I like the most about it is how it can work in the day/dusk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:48:49 PM »

Interesting. I did not know that those colored blades would actually illuminate. How are they for brightness compared to a standard blade with film? Oh and for future reference, forum rules say not to mention the other guys by name when mentioning their products. It is a political thing I think.

kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 06:13:49 AM »

Interesting. I did not know that those colored blades would actually illuminate. How are they for brightness compared to a standard blade with film? Oh and for future reference, forum rules say not to mention the other guys by name when mentioning their products. It is a political thing I think.

They're pretty bright. Not as bright as a midgrade blade but very vibrant in color. I'll post comparison shots when I get the chance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 09:42:36 PM »

Left is the mid grade blade and right is the colored tube. The left saber may need a battery change however

The Sith send their regards

sol-kun
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 05:14:38 AM »

The colored blade seems to light up relatively well, quite a surprise. I wonder if the other colors are as good or red is an exception, anyone else have colored blades with the corresponding led color they can show us?

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »

If you slap some film in there or diffuse the outside of the blade, as long as you match the color, they get pretty darn bright.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 03:35:07 AM »

I like the look of the red alternate blade especially in daylight or bright fluorescent Con lighting, however, I'm wondering:

1. Where to get the internal film? (PM me)
2. Where to get the color blades? (PM me)
3. Does the film come pre-rolled in diameters to fit in the 1" tube?
4. How to seamlessly join the edges the film if it does needs to be cut?
5. How to install the film w/o crinkling or crushing it while sliding down the tube shaft?
6. How to seal the end of the tube like US to keep it from shifting around?

Any informative/constructive feedback would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:49:22 AM by Lord Raváge » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: