Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help! Is this everything I need to build a saber?  (Read 1105 times)
Zaul
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 12, 2012, 04:02:18 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm attempting to build 5 Sabers.

2 of them will be Double Sabers or Singles

My Question is , do these bodies come with Screws and holes drilled so that I can put a piece of PVC Pipe inside and screw the pipe in ( So when Im fighting the pvc pipe wont come loose ).

I do not want electronics, I just want empty bodies I can put PVC pipe into

http://i.imgur.com/SrMjR.png - Heres a Screenshot of my Checkout so far, If you guys can confirm it i'll hit order

Thanks!

- Paul

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:24:10 AM »

Everything is pre-drilled and tapped and should come with all the installation hardware.  My only question is, if you do not plan to install electronics why get the latching activation switches?  You could get mock switches(buttons) at a local craft store or just use metallic/black tape to cover the holes.   

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »

I can echo Duff Man here but I won't.  You probably are going for the most authentic look possible.

Alright, so to answer your question:  Yes. 

And as Duff said they SHOULD come with all the screws you need.  I would suggest in addition that you go to a local hardward store to get LONGER screws though (as the screws you will receive are not designed to drill into wood/pvc they are quite short).  Once you get your shipment you can just take the screws you get to a local hardware store and someone should be able to help you get the size and threading.  Or you can just email Deep again.

Cheers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: