Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A video and text review of my Dominix in GB!  (Read 2511 times)
Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« on: November 25, 2013, 07:20:57 AM »

A video and text review of my stunt Dominix in GB!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EZO_zf-cvI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EZO_zf-cvI</a>

Hilt: As discussed in my Phantom staff review, I am a big fan of the Dominx hilt! It looks simplistic but really nice.  I love the two choke points, they offer the perfect spots for gripping the saber.  It is lightweight and easy to use. I do not have a wheel on it as I feel it would hamper the look, I like the simplistic and symmetrical look of the Dominix.  It also feels comfortable and right at home in my hands.  The comfort of it is second only to my new Prophecy.

Blade: I have a 32" standard MG blade in Guardian blue on it.  I also have a saber in GB with a UE blade (my Initiate) so I switched the UE blade that the Dominix came with for an MG blade I had.  To me, GB looks great with a standard MG blade or a UEMG blade.  I also have a 32" blade on it because I prefer that length over the standard 36" blades.

Thoughts on stunt saber: This saber was a second place prize in the second summer raffle, and my first stunt saber.  It is the saber that taught me to not only love the Dominix hilt but also that stunt sabers are pretty darn cool!  I loved it so much that the next thing I ordered was a stunt Phantom staff in BR!  I'm very found of this saber!

Overall: It does have a few scratches on the blade and it doesn't look quite as good in GB as it does in BR, but it is still fantastic! I give it 97/100.

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:29:16 AM »

As always an excellent review,  I had already chosen the dominix staff as a Xmas gift for my two sons. One in BR and the other side in CG, I will post up pics and videos once they open them on xmas day.  Thanks again,  points to you sir.

Lightside points if any are given

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »

Right on, Prowl. Awesome collection you've amassed there, and great review as normal. I see a BR Bellicose in your want list. Oh yes.... that will be nice if you ever jump on that! Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »

I agree. A Sith side Bellicose would be awesome.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 10:15:41 PM »

am I the only one who noticed the slightly distracting breathing in the background, or was it just me?

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »

Yeah Eric breathes loudly, :p

It was funny how this is the first review where he realized that he did that.  You should have seen later during my Prophecy review when he was trying to hold his breathe the whole time.  You might notice in the Prophecy review that as soon as I hand the camera off and get in the shot that I look like I am about to laugh out loud, the look on his face was hilarious! Cheesy

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 10:40:29 PM »

Yeah Eric breathes loudly, :p

It was funny how this is the first review where he realized that he did that.  You should have seen later during my Prophecy review when he was trying to hold his breathe the whole time.  You might notice in the Prophecy review that as soon as I hand the camera off and get in the shot that I look like I am about to laugh out loud, the look on his face was hilarious! Cheesy
haha, nice!

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 12:20:52 AM »

Oh and nice Dominix. Guardian Blue on a black hilt looks awesome especially with the standard MG blade. US still putting on colored guarded switches for some stunt sabers?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: