Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: War Letters ( A little fanfic )  (Read 7839 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« on: January 13, 2011, 05:20:27 AM »

Okay, so I'm new here and after making my first post and wandering around... I saw there was a space for fanfics and fanart! Wink I couldn't resist, so here it is. I've done alot of RP, but very little fanfic... so I hope this turns out alright. XD

The story is inspired by a song called "Letters from War", and the basic premise is that this is the story of a young boy of about 18 or 19 who signs up for the Rebellion a short time prior to the events of Episode IV. It is told in the format of his letters to the love he left behind. Sometimes the chapters are short, sometimes they're long. Sometimes detailed, sometimes not so much so. After all, he's a rebel. He can't just say everything about where he is and what he's doing in case his letters are intercepted by the Imps, or his love rats him out. Also, there's a war on! He can't spend all day writing! XD Well, enough talk now... I give you letters #1 and #2. Letter #3 should follow soon. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these and I'm always happy for ideas, suggestions, and CC! Smiley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A young boy in a dirty white shirt and deep blue pants tossed a bag down on the bunk and ran his hand through his shaggy brown hair. He pulled a chair out from the small desk, turned on the terminal there, and began to write...

Dear Daara,
                    I hope my letter reaches you. I know this isn't what you wanted, but I can't sit by and not do anything anymore. People are dieing out here, fighting to bring back the freedom our parents couldn't fight to keep, and I can't let someone else do what I won't do myself. Daara, they disbanded the Senate! The Empire's telling everyone it's a recess, impressed for the safety of the Senators, but it's not true. Palpatine disbanded them! I can't accept one man having that power. There was a peaceful demonstration yesterday, and Stormtroopers started firing into the crowd. They shot unarmed civilians!
                     I'm not going to standby while Palpatine does things like this. I'm fighting it, the only way I can. I've enlisted in the Rebellion. I hope I make it back to you someday, that we can have a life together. A free life. I'll write when I can. Daara... I love you, Daara. I miss you.

Yours Always,
                                                                                                       Oren

A young boy sighed tiredly and began to write...

Daara,
                  I hope you still think of me. I think of you often. How are you? I wish I knew... I qualified for Flight Training today, but I bet that doesn't surprise you any. You know how much I always wanted to get into a real fighter, and I guess I've finally got my chance. Everyone says it's not going to be easy, that it's harder than I think. I'm not worried though. Flying's in my blood, it always has been. I wish I knew if you could forgive me for running off like this. I know you wanted me to just stay out of the way... be quiet and let the galaxy leave me alone... I wish I could have. I miss you so much... I'd give anything for news of you. I still carry your picture.
                                                         All my love,
                                                                             Oren

Author's Note: Star Wars isn't mine, though that's pretty well known. XD Daara and Oren are though. Also, these things are a little sappy and emotional, so... yeah. I figured that would be realistic. Smiley Again, hope you liked em'! More to come!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 12:26:01 PM »

Poor Oren. It is a really sad piece. Great work keep it up.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:28:52 PM »

Very nice, would love to read more.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 02:13:15 AM »

Compliments! SWEET! Thanks guys! Work has been crazy, and I'm dead from doing that Antique Store we auctioned off today... but I hope to write letter three tomorrow! I really enjoy doing these, and it's killing me not having touched it all week! XD

I am not a color...

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 08:27:27 AM »

By popular demand! LETTER THREE IS HERE! lol Enjoy!

The boy named Oren sat down. His eyes were red and there were faint bags under them, but he didn't care. This was more important than sleep, no matter how many hours he'd just spent in the simulator. He flicked on his terminal and began to write.

Daara,
                 it's me again. Things are moving so fast now, I can't believe that it's only been two weeks since the last time we saw each other. They've been training us night and day. You thought I spent too much time playing in Airspeeders, but here they run us straight from the classroom to the simulator. I can't remember the last time I was this tired! I don't know what's going on, but there must be something happening that they aren't telling us. They're moving up our training, Daara. I've got my first flight tomorrow!
                 I wonder what you're doing now. Are you shopping? or maybe you're getting dinner. Perhaps you're sleeping. I don't even know what time it is here, let alone back home. You know that I miss you, but I'll keep saying it. I can't stop thinking about you. I love you. I think that's how I get through the days here, thinking of you. Wanting to make this Galaxy better for you. I don't want you or anyone else to have to be afraid at night anymore. I want our friends to be able to walk the streets without worrying about Stormtroopers stopping them. I wish more than anything I could hear you say you love me too. Until then, I guess I'll have to trust my heart that you do.

I'll make it back Daara, I swear I will.
                                                             I love you always ~Oren

Worlds away, and with the great pain known only by those whose hearts long for another lost, a single tear slid down the cheek of a fair skinned human girl. It landed on her tasteful green tunic to leave a small dark spot in wake of it's passing. She brushed her impossibly blonde hair back behind her ear and smiled, a sob escaping her full lips while more tears began to follow the first.

"Oh Oren, ..."

She wiped the tears from her cheek and sobbed again.

"you dumb... dummy."

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Okay, this took the longest to write, and it was probably the most fun to write. Definitely my favorite so far. I had planned the little surprise in the end of this one for you for awhile now, and I hope you enjoyed it. Also, there is a small tribute hidden in there. Can anyone find it? Cheesy

I am not a color...

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 09:44:06 PM »

Oren needs to stop writing so much and get some sleep!   Cheesy

No, but seriously, good letter, sounds like something I would have written when I was in the Army... and there was a galactic civil war going on.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:32:01 PM »

Yeah, the boy's hopeless, ain't he? lol

I'll call that high praise, Ultra. Thanks! Grin

I am not a color...

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 11:32:40 AM »

and again it sounds good mate. I am really looking forward to your next piece. Truly awesome work.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 06:38:07 PM »

Grin Thanks! I really appreciate all the compliments, guys!

I am not a color...

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 03:55:38 AM »

LETTER NUMBER FOUR DELIVERED

The boy pulled open the front of his flightsuit and flopped down in a corner of the hangar, his vest and harness hanging from his belt. He put his helmet to the deck with a knock and ran gloved hands through his sweat drenched hair as he leaned back. Looking down, he pulled a pad from his leg pocket and began to write.

Daara,
          They're short of fighters. We flew Headhunters instead of the new T-65's because there aren't enough to go around. They can't even get us uniforms, I'm still flying in those old greens, just with new gear. They gave us a system patrol for our test flight, it lasted nine hours. I've never been in the cockpit that long. The Imperials surprised us and came through about two hours out. We had to run behind one of the moons and wait. They caught us on scanners and it was nerf and manka cat for the next five hours. Our Instructor, Lt. Fay'al, wouldn't give us permission to engage. He kept ordering us to run. A good thing, I guess. Our Seven Headhunters wouldn't have done much against a Frigate's fighters.

Either way, we made it back. Two hours later. You know, I'd never seen a Bothan before Lt. Fay'al took command. They're strange. Catlike, so alien. It's so different here, speaking openly. Most of the group is made up of aliens. My wingman, he's a Duros. Can you believe it? One of the others is Rodian, and there's even an Aqualsh! I've never seen so many aliens working together before. It's amazing! But the waiting... the hiding... it's wearing us thin. Thinner than the training ever did. I don't know when I'll be able to write again. Everyone's on edge. They don't tell us much, and I can't say for fear of the Imps intercepting my letters.

I burn to know if you forgive me, if you still love me as I do you. Something whispers to me that you do. Cale, my wingman, says it must be the Force, whatever that means. Lt. Fay'al thought it was indigestion. I suppose it is the fate of those who fight to live without knowing what is, or what will be, or whatever.

All my love, Daara.
                    ~Oren

I am not a color...

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 04:43:14 AM »

They're short of fighters. We flew Headhunters instead of the new T-65's because there aren't enough to go around.

This really stuck out to me as good writing.  Old models of military craft are often referred to by their monikers, while new craft are most often referred to by their official designations.  Pilots will regularly call F-16's "Falcons", but will rarely ever refer to the F-22 as a "Raptor".  Good on you for making note of that subtle nuance.

And thanks for not going overboard on the aliens.  I'm glad to see you didn't mention any Hutt pilots.  Cheesy

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 06:28:46 PM »

LOL I didn't even think about that! I guess I've just been an X-Wing jock for so long, it must have come naturally. XD Might have been all those X-Wing books I read too... Thank you Stackpole and Allston, right?

Glad you liked it, I was a tad nervous with this one. It'd been a while since I'd done one of these, I've been concentrating on a new Trek Fic and I was worried number four wouldn't hold to character. As for a Hutt pilot... eh... I don't think I could keep good formation with one of those huge bell shaped transports of theirs. Ya gotta figure it's like flying a seashell. XD

I am not a color...

wasd999
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

PJDC

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 11:38:37 PM »

If I were anyone of those guys, I'd poor my soul into one piece of paper
every time I get the chance to write. (not like Voldemort though)

I might not make it out alive so thats what I would do.  Cry

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 12:20:53 AM »

Pretty much what I was going for with Oren. I can go a little love crazy sometimes (the emotion, not the act LOL), and Oren is basically supposed to be my second version of myself in Star Wars. The Non-Jedi version. lol I'm shooting for making him feel real and plausible to myself and my readers above all else. To get the same feeling reading his letters as when you read one of those WWII books with all the interviews with vets. Smiley I'm glad it seems to be coming out right!

I am not a color...

Darth Luran
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 10:05:42 PM »

Some of the most enjoyable fan fiction I've read. You can really relate to him.
Keep 'em comin' !!!!  Grin Can't wait to find out whats next.

[((____(_____(o___([[.....................Liberator Staff........................

[((____(_____(o___([[.....................Liberator Staff........................

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: