Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber sheaths?  (Read 6204 times)
darth_nogg
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« on: October 01, 2011, 07:08:54 AM »

Seeing as this year will hopefully be my first halloween having a high quality costume (I'm ordering the full black anakin tunic pants and robe)

But of course what is a sith without his weapons at his side, right? I'm pretty good at pulling some of the "Wow!" moves with two sabers so I like to have two handy. I was thinking of adding a back double sheath to the ensemble to more conveniently carry them. Granted not so canon to do so with lightsabers, it's practical. I'm hoping to bring them with me to Cedar Point for Halloweekends, but I could see them not letting me in with them. At any rate, I was wondering where some of my fellow illuminated saber enthusiasts might use to carry their sabers blade and all.

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 07:12:01 AM »

Seeing as this year will hopefully be my first halloween having a high quality costume (I'm ordering the full black anakin tunic pants and robe)

But of course what is a sith without his weapons at his side, right? I'm pretty good at pulling some of the "Wow!" moves with two sabers so I like to have two handy. I was thinking of adding a back double sheath to the ensemble to more conveniently carry them. Granted not so canon to do so with lightsabers, it's practical. I'm hoping to bring them with me to Cedar Point for Halloweekends, but I could see them not letting me in with them. At any rate, I was wondering where some of my fellow illuminated saber enthusiasts might use to carry their sabers blade and all.

I dual wield as well when my repaired hilt get her on Monday I'll up load a pic for you. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

darth_nogg
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 07:21:25 AM »

I dual wield as well when my repaired hilt get her on Monday I'll up load a pic for you. Grin

http://www.swordsofmight.com/dual-ninja-swords-with-backstrap.aspx

So far I've found this for a back sheath, but I'm not 100% on that it will work for my sabers

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:33:03 AM »

So far I've found this for a back sheath, but I'm not 100% on that it will work for my sabers

NOICE!

That would be great if my first idea turns out really shody looking in the end.

I LOVE to dual wield with Initiates, so that would be totally rad. Grin

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Ty_Bomber
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 05:26:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure that won't work, I'm afraid. Those look like they're shaped for the blades themselves, which would be too narrow to hold your saber blades. I recommend leather sword frogs or axe holders. The former has adjustable buckles, so will likely hold your sabers (plus they look so damn classy), whereas the latter has that convenient ring that looks like it would hold a saber blade perfectly, though it might not have the best balance.

here are some examples: http://www.museumreplicas.com/c-54-belts-baldrics-frogs.aspx

As far as shoulder-mounting blades goes, they're hard to clear from the back if its in a full sheath, especially at 36 inches, and the straps will likely detract from the authenticity of your robes.

Best of luck. Cheers.

I am part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

Seriously, don't let my username fool you. I need Light Side points.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »

thats freakin sweet.  though are you using 2 fullsized sabers? might need to cut a hole in the bottom of it?

as for kham's style, wouldnt a sheath around the back waist look awesome?

kinda hard to see but you get the idea.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

lordgale119
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 4

I walk within both and neither...

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »

I think there should be a saber Holster for the ones that don't have covertech wheels. I mean, really, how are we supposed to carry a dominix or war glaive around without modifying them?

Blazing Red Aeon V2 LE: Heretikos
SRD w/ AB clash Bellicose: Arshaluys

Ty_Bomber
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 05:14:01 AM »

I think there should be a saber Holster for the ones that don't have covertech wheels. I mean, really, how are we supposed to carry a dominix or war glaive around without modifying them?

When I was a kid, we didn't have any fancy covertec clips! we had D-rings, and WE WERE GRATEFUL FOR THEM! AND we had to walk to school in 12 ft of snow, uphill both ways!

I am part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

Seriously, don't let my username fool you. I need Light Side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 05:59:43 AM »

Here a re a few pics. and they are not very flattering.

Ok so as you can see there are safety pins my wife is going to be doing some sewing and stuff to make it work a little better. Then put suspenders on it cause i love suspenders.

I'ts made from two underarm holsters I had lying around from Air soft.

Hope you like. It will be better.

Blade In.

Blade out.

lordgale119
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 12:15:15 AM »

When I was a kid, we didn't have any fancy covertec clips! we had D-rings, and WE WERE GRATEFUL FOR THEM! AND we had to walk to school in 12 ft of snow, uphill both ways!
I would be Grateful for D-rings, actually. I'm just complaining that a large majority of the Sabers aren't carry-friendly.
Those Holsters are pretty sweet for improvisations, dude. I myself was talking about something more like a leg-strap or pouch that the saber could fit in, since most of them look to be about the same size circumference wise. It'd just make carrying one's saber a lot easier and perhaps more natural, you know?
Right now I'm using elastic adjustable sports belts to hold my Aeon, by putting it through the loop then cinching it tight.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 12:32:26 AM »

@ Kham:  You going with those now, or you going to modify them to be more over the shoulder where the blades will lay flat against your back?

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 12:41:30 AM »

@ kham perhaps if they were a bit lower, might be nice.  i cant imagine how you would pull them out when the blade is in.  maybe if they pointed downward.  or even better, cut the bottoms and put in some velcro, and just rip your sabers out.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

lordgale119
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 12:54:53 AM »

@ kham perhaps if they were a bit lower, might be nice.  i cant imagine how you would pull them out when the blade is in.  maybe if they pointed downward.  or even better, cut the bottoms and put in some velcro, and just rip your sabers out.
Now THIS is an idea I've wanted to see done!
I also thought of something that could go across the back and work like a ring binder: you put a bit of pressure on it and it snaps open, and then you put pressure on the middle and it snaps shut again. just an idea.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 01:00:35 AM »

I just left the blades in to show you what it all looked like together. Grin Grin

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 01:03:25 AM »

It does look good, and it actually looks like it was made for the sabers.

Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: