Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Fallen blade coupler  (Read 906 times)
RBT3000
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 03, 2020, 03:14:38 PM »

Potential spoiler warning for Fallen Order, discretion advised!

I plan on purchasing two fallen sabers and a coupler for them so if I want to cosplay Cal I can go with the canon final lightsaber design, what coupler would you recommend using? The plan is to buy two standard fallen sabers with the combat emitter, one Bane’s heart blade, and one Crimson Red, both equipped with soundboards, Thanks!

Arsenal
Dark Initiate V4- Stunt with vents

Keevaro
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 03:35:18 PM »

Since they have sound, you cannot go with a seamless coupler. There also aren’t many options, so it comes down to what you want to do, and which one you like more. The quick release couplers are nice for when you might want to duel wield, or even just single wield one and have the other on your belt. If you’d prefer to keep it a staff, you have a couple options. Since they have sound, vented is a must. With the Fallens emitters, I’d go with an adjustable coupler, perhaps the black one, so that you can have the sabers even with each other, making sure the emitters face the same way. If you don’t care about that, go with the “Black Coupler with Vents”, as it is mostly black, but has a bit of silver in there to match the rest of the saber.
Ultimately, it’s all personal preference.

Light Side Points Please! Smiley
Current Sabers:
Azure Fallen stunt, Sun Rider's Destiny, Combat Ready.
The Butcher w/Obsidian V4, Adegan Silver.
Shock LE w/Obsidian V4, Bane's Heart w/Silver FoC (Fiancé's).
Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
Second Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
(Raffle!) Guardian stunt, Fire Orange.
Crimson Empress w/Diamond Controller, Etching, and Recharge (Fiancé's).
(Ordered 5/8, Shipped 5/18) Azure Grand Master w/Obsidian V4, Recharge Port, Guardian Blue w/Arctic Blue FoC - A special B-Day present for my dad for all that he's done for me.

RBT3000
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 03:43:07 PM »

Since they have sound, you cannot go with a seamless coupler. There also aren’t many options, so it comes down to what you want to do, and which one you like more. The quick release couplers are nice for when you might want to duel wield, or even just single wield one and have the other on your belt. If you’d prefer to keep it a staff, you have a couple options. Since they have sound, vented is a must. With the Fallens emitters, I’d go with an adjustable coupler, perhaps the black one, so that you can have the sabers even with each other, making sure the emitters face the same way. If you don’t care about that, go with the “Black Coupler with Vents”, as it is mostly black, but has a bit of silver in there to match the rest of the saber.
Ultimately, it’s all personal preference.

Thanks for the answer, I’m thinking I might like the quick release the most, since not only do I prefer to dual wield, but it’s also closer to the final canon design, I’ll probably go with the silver finish, that might keep the color consistency the best, plus the original pommel is silver.

Arsenal

Keevaro
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:51:48 PM »

Thanks for the answer, I’m thinking I might like the quick release the most, since not only do I prefer to dual wield, but it’s also closer to the final canon design, I’ll probably go with the silver finish, that might keep the color consistency the best, plus the original pommel is silver.

For the quick release, silver is nice since it does match the pommel better. 👍
I said black for non quick release because personally I think it would look nice, silver emitters on both ends, followed by black, followed by silver near the pommel, with black meeting in the middle. It just sounds nice and consistent.

Light Side Points Please! Smiley
Current Sabers:
Azure Fallen stunt, Sun Rider's Destiny, Combat Ready.
The Butcher w/Obsidian V4, Adegan Silver.
Shock LE w/Obsidian V4, Bane's Heart w/Silver FoC (Fiancé's).
Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
Second Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
(Raffle!) Guardian stunt, Fire Orange.
Crimson Empress w/Diamond Controller, Etching, and Recharge (Fiancé's).
(Ordered 5/8, Shipped 5/18) Azure Grand Master w/Obsidian V4, Recharge Port, Guardian Blue w/Arctic Blue FoC - A special B-Day present for my dad for all that he's done for me.

RBT3000
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »

For the quick release, silver is nice since it does match the pommel better. 👍
I said black for non quick release because personally I think it would look nice, silver emitters on both ends, followed by black, followed by silver near the pommel, with black meeting in the middle. It just sounds nice and consistent.

I agree, if there was an option for black with silver highlights on the quick release, I’m sure I’d end up choosing that one.

Arsenal

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 04:11:51 PM »

I agree, if there was an option for black with silver highlights on the quick release, I’m sure I’d end up choosing that one.

You can make your own highlights with heavy duty EZ Off oven cleaner,  some q-tips, and a fair bit of patience. Its how I got a silver and brass thin neck for my Shark. I removed the black from an Archon 3.1 emitter.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

RBT3000
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 04:16:10 PM »

You can make your own highlights with heavy duty EZ Off oven cleaner,  some q-tips, and a fair bit of patience. Its how I got a silver and brass thin neck for my Shark. I removed the black from an Archon 3.1 emitter.

Ooooh I may have to give that a shot!

Arsenal

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 05:25:55 PM »

Ooooh I may have to give that a shot!
Same. This it gonna get tried here as well.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 05:50:07 PM »

Hit me up if you need more details and remember the patience part. There's no going back once you start it and its easy to make a mess.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff