Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can't load new sounds onto the soundboard after removing the default ones  (Read 3694 times)
Malice
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 16, 2014, 02:48:41 PM »

Hello everybody,

I received my very first sabre a couple of weeks ago and now decided to play a bit with the sounds. I have the Obsidian Launcher v3.1.4, the sabre shows up just fine and changing parameters is no problem. Then I tried to change the actual sound settings and always got the message "Device configuration failed". After trying everything the manual proposes, I looked through this forum and found that I need to remove everything pre-installed first. So I did and with empty slots all over, "write to device" works perfectly.
BUT it works only with empty slots all over!  Angry

I can't load any new sounds on it. I tried reinstalling the Obsidian Launcher; I tried removing the sound fonts I had on my computer and downloaded them afresh; I changed the format on my computer to English/US in "Regional and Language Options"...
Now I'm at my wits' end. Please, is there anyone out there who can help me change that fancy red flash-light Cry back into a nicely humming sabre?

Thanks for any help
Malice

But it was so artistically done ...

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:35:41 PM »

Have you installed and run the launcher with administrator rights? It's a recommended procedure to get it working correctly.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Malice
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »

Yes I did. Sad

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »

I assume you also tried a reset of the saber by taking the batteries out?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 11:20:09 PM »

Reset all Obsidian defaults, take saber off the computer, test it, if it works then its still good, then just upload new fonts. You don't really have to clear any slots. Then you can have sensitivity back to your likings after all is done with. I had to do this to my Bellicose once.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Malice
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 05:06:52 PM »

@ Racona: Yes I did, several times.

@ Zren: Resetting defaults gives me only the parameters - I never had a problem changing those. It's the sound files I can't put back on Sad 

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 05:10:37 PM »

I would suggest contacting US then at [email protected] and tell them about it. Maybe they have another solution that will work for you...I can't think of any other advices right now  Undecided

Sig by Master Nero

Malice
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »

My computer died a messy death.  I managed to salvage the important things, but it has been a couple of hectic days Sad
Still not sure what did it, but now that I've gotten around to installing Obsidian anew, it works perfectly. Next time, I'm gonna listen, when the Force is trying to warn me Wink

Thanks to everybody trying to help out with advice, though.

Malicean

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »

Well that's good you can get other fonts on now. Tongue When the new fonts pop up in the list, you gotta click say, boot, then pick a boot up sound, and so on, double click the sound files in the big list though. Maybe that's what you did wrong. Sorry about the computer though.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: