Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41   Go Down
Author Topic: The Knife and Sword Thread  (Read 179166 times)
Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2017, 04:15:58 AM »

Since Swords have been added I thought I'd include most of the rest of my pointy things.

That's beautiful, although to be honest, there's only four there that I'd take: the one immediately to the left of the spear, which I'm pretty sure was made by Cas Iberia, the one two to the right of the spear, with the longer handle (which looks almost like rosewood), and then the twin set two more over from that one.

I will seriously try to get my swords posted tomorrow.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2017, 06:15:38 AM »

Wow nice Hansrad!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2017, 07:13:35 PM »

Since Swords have been added I thought I'd include most of the rest of my pointy things.

It's...   so...   beautiful!   
I am a big fan of things pointy, shiny and sharp and have really enjoyed seeing everybody's pics here.  Back on the original theme of this thread, I just had a new pocket knife delivered today, just need to get home from work and check it out. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2017, 08:15:32 PM »

That's beautiful, although to be honest, there's only four there that I'd take: the one immediately to the left of the spear, which I'm pretty sure was made by Cas Iberia, the one two to the right of the spear, with the longer handle (which looks almost like rosewood), and then the twin set two more over from that one.

I will seriously try to get my swords posted tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. I know the scimitar two left of the spear is a Cas Iberia, can't remember if the other one is. The one wirth the longer reddish handle is one that I broke (don't ask) and made a new handle for. I eas always pleased with how that turned out. More than a few of them could use a good polishing. Unfortunately they spend most of their time packed away. Hopefully someday when I get different living conditions I'll be able to have them out and take better care of them.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2017, 10:30:20 PM »

Hansrad... these are all so beautiful.  What a collection that you have !  I do like that longer bladed sword to the lower immediate right of the forked spear and that one handed two bladed swordishy whatnot. lol

point worthy and thanks for sharing  Cool

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2017, 12:47:10 AM »

Thanks Dauntless. I'm thinking I might have to spend some time with a few of them before I pack them away again.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2017, 02:29:09 AM »

I agree.  What's the point haha of having these if you just put them away and don't use them.

have another... other kind of point  Wink

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2017, 02:19:03 AM »

Unfortunately, the majority of my swords were left behind 5 years ago when I moved.  Have not had the opportunity to have them sent to me.  So as of now my only sword is the one I got while here.  It is a custom Arming sword I had made from Baltimore Knife and Sword (The guys that do Man at arms: Reforged on Youtube)

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2017, 02:08:49 PM »

Here is that new knife I got last week.  I have 3 or 4 other cheap knives and some cheap LotR replica swords.  No pics at the moment but maybe I will get some taken later.  I would love to get my hands on a Boromir sword replica, but the only one that ticks the boxes for me is the United Cutlery version which is ridiculously expensive.   Undecided

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2017, 06:43:27 PM »

Here is that new knife I got last week.  I have 3 or 4 other cheap knives and some cheap LotR replica swords.  No pics at the moment but maybe I will get some taken later.  I would love to get my hands on a Boromir sword replica, but the only one that ticks the boxes for me is the United Cutlery version which is ridiculously expensive.   Undecided

That's a pretty knife.
Have you checked out The Noble Collection? They don't have Boromir's sword, but they got a lot of great stuff. And from what I've seen, the quality is very good.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2017, 08:20:56 PM »

That's a pretty knife.
Have you checked out The Noble Collection? They don't have Boromir's sword, but they got a lot of great stuff. And from what I've seen, the quality is very good.

I just checked them out since you mentioned it.  They do have some nice looking stuff, but the only thing I want for my LotR collection at this point is Boromir's sword just because I'm kind of a Boromir nut. 

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2017, 09:04:54 PM »

I just checked them out since you mentioned it.  They do have some nice looking stuff, but the only thing I want for my LotR collection at this point is Boromir's sword just because I'm kind of a Boromir nut. 

No problem, just throwing it out there.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2017, 11:04:52 PM »

As usual I have no idea what you are talking about with these brand names and saber/sword types.  Still enjoying this thread and am slowly learning.  Smiley

points to Darth Tepes and Molina and another to Hansrad and Viv for their most recent contributions  Cool

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2017, 11:41:04 PM »

I need to get one of these.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2017, 11:44:16 PM »

As usual I have no idea what you are talking about with these brand names and saber/sword types.  Still enjoying this thread and am slowly learning.  Smiley

points to Darth Tepes and Molina and another to Hansrad and Viv for their most recent contributions  Cool

Alright then Dauntless, here's a couple you'll probably recognize.

The black one I've had for about 22 years now. It does have an ever so slight curve to it. It's plain and simple, nothing flashy. And sharp. Very, very sharp. And the most perfect sword for me I've ever handled. The balance is exactly where I want it, right at the blade side of the tsuba (hand guard). It handles and moves with almost no effort, and it does tamashigiri with only slightly more effort. I don't care if it meets the qualifications as a "traditional" katana, it's perfect.

The brown one my wife got me for Christmas two years back. It meets most of the "traditional" standards of a katana: blade curve, handle length, wavy hamon, etc. And it's also very, very sharp. It handles completely different from the black one, with the balance further towards the blade tip. This makes the sword feel as if it's pulling you through the cut, giving it extra momentum. Interestingly, it doesn't matter what direction the cut is in, down, across, or up, it still pulls the blade.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: