Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars: Could Yoda Get His Own Standalone Movie?  (Read 3953 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »

Standalone Movies I'd really like to see:

1. Asoka's life as an ex-Jedi on the run
2. Corran Horn / Wedge / Rogue Squadron - the fall of Coruscant, perhaps?
3. Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand
4. Origins of the Rebellion - starring Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel Iblis
5. Obi-Wan in Exile
6. 1313
7. Adventures of Prequel Jedi - Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto
8. Very Old Republic - Ancient Jedi versus Sith (absolutely no mention of Revan unless Revan is female or has no known gender)
9. Bo-Katan/Mandalorians
10. Thrawn

I wouldn't mind Boba Fett too much, if we must.  I'd like to see a good mix in the standalones - Jedi / Non-Jedi / various time periods / EU and movie origins, etc - stuff we won't cover in the sequel trilogy, basically.

What I Do Not Want:
- No young Han/Leia/Luke/Lando unless as a cameo (in one of the ideas above, perhaps - no re-casting the characters as younger leads!)
- No Yoda Origin
- No KOTOR rehash / male Revan
- I'd prefer to stay away from Tatooine for a bit.

I'm on board with the no to a Yoda origin movie...that would be poodoo.

As for the 10 mentioned...good across the board list by the way...

1. Asoka's life as an ex-Jedi on the run...though I prefer the word former, as ex has the connotation of failure...I see her as a work in progresss

2. Corran Horn / Wedge / Rogue Squadron - the fall of Coruscant, perhaps?Meh for me...I never got the whole Wedge worship...a TV show focusing on the rebels and their efforts might be fun

3. Mara Jade, Emperor's HandMakes sense, a pretty face to draw in people to the EU

4. Origins of the Rebellion - starring Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel IblisClueless...and I suspect the interest for mundanes would be close to meh

5. Obi-Wan in ExileHigh high potential...let him travel around a bit, good stuff

6. 1313Terrible title but tons of potential, just no Boba, so tired of Boba love

7. Adventures of Prequel Jedi - Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Kit FistoThis is a good one...lots to work with

8. Very Old Republic - Ancient Jedi versus Sith (absolutely no mention of Revan unless Revan is female or has no known gender)I like the setting though it may confuse the mundanes with the timeline issue

9. Bo-Katan/MandaloriansMandos get lots of niche love but not sure if there is anything to carry a movie other than a war movie

10. ThrawnThe most recognized EU story, it would make sense

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 04:49:37 PM »

@ Oramac
Obi-Wan had a duel with ex Jedi Master A'Sharad Hett to defend Luke's family farm against invading Sand People! Maybe a movie about Hett's rise from Tusken to Jedi, the Sequel it from Order 66 to his rise as Darth Krayt. This might seem like a good movie set. (Even though I despise his One Sith regime, I still like his story.)

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 06:21:16 PM »

Anyone read the Last of the Jedi books?

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: