Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Constant current LED driver question  (Read 2945 times)
HippieJedi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: July 29, 2011, 08:05:27 PM »

i decided to buy a tcss Constant current LED driver but have no idea about the mA selection..i looked it up on forums and it looks like i need a 1000mA version for my seoul p4 red ...can anyone confirm that?

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 12:16:18 AM »

Yeah, 1000ma.  Let us know how that driver works out for you.

HippieJedi
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 03:53:22 AM »

thanks man ....i definitely  will .

HippieJedi
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »

Yeah, 1000ma.  Let us know how that driver works out for you.

hi i recently bought a obsidian soundboard and a tcss constant current driver. MY PROBLEM IS , whenever i press the button(momentary) to make a clash sound the blade goes off, and when i turn OFF the sound my led stays ON ...so in order to turn it off i have to take out the batteries....and if i dont do that ,then when i turn the saber ON  the led goes OFF...until i press the switch to make a clash sound, THEN  it goes back ON ..lol

im thinking that it have to put a switch on the battery wire going from the tcss driver to the batt holder , so that  it turns OFF with the board..idk....but then that wouldnt fix my issue with the clash effect going dark...

i dont want to damage anything so im hoping that someone could help me with this....here is my wiring:

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/4812/wiring.png

and here is the wiring for the obsidian without the led driver  http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/394/wiringw.jpg
and connections of the obsidian http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7696/obsidianwiring2novastar.jpg

help is much appreciated

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »

Wow.  Dude your wiring is completely wrong.  On the driver, where it says "battery -", that needs to be connected to Pin 3 on the Obsidian.   Then configure the driver so that it powers on when it receives voltage.  This will allow Obsidian to turn the driver on and supply it power.

And you can't use the Obsidian switch with the driver; the driver will need it's own switch, just like the aux button on a PC or CF.

HippieJedi
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 07:44:44 PM »

thanks alot man..ill try to fix it when i have time..peace.

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 02:47:13 PM »

What Constant current driver do you guys use (ultra sabers)? Is it the one that they supply at TCSS?

P.S. (Im getting a Raven with sound, and the Li-lon setup, and I was wanting to know wether I get all the cool effects like Ramp up/down, static shimmer, optional flash on impact and lockup).

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »

Everything you've named except the lockup is not part of standard sabers.  If you wanted those things done you would need to email Deep at [email protected] to ask if those things can be added.  It will probably cost extra if it can be done at all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: