Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraFX Color Change  (Read 1937 times)
EmpyD
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 04, 2011, 01:15:06 AM »

So I've had the Vader ANH UltraFX for some time and I've decided I'd like to change the color on it. I was wondering if Ultrasabers would count it as a Mail-In Conversion or if I could possibly just buy the proper LED (Blazing Red) and install it myself.

For the second option, what is the specific model of the LED that Ultrasabers uses?

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:21:36 AM »

Ultrasabers (and I'm not an employee but this has been word on the street) is currently using Seol P4's.  And with a mail in conversion you should be able to ask for a specific color no problem.  To find out for sure send an email to Deep at [email protected]

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:39:49 AM »

It's in the mail-in conversion section at the US site...you pick color, type blade upgrade, and choice of tip (round or pointed).

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

EmpyD
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 04:18:15 AM »

Would a simple color conversion really cost 100 dollars?

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 04:38:21 AM »

They are going to have to take the entire saber apart to change the LED...I suggest sending an email and find out.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 04:56:28 AM »

I apologize if I sound like an insanely arrogant jerk when you read this, just letting you know the amount of work that goes into this process.

As Master Caine said, you have to take the saber apart in order to change the LED. As I found out with those, it's not just a simple matter of pulling out the blade and putting in an LED. You have to take out the blade, remove the LED string from the blade if you intend to reuse it, crack open the saber, remove most of the electronics from the hilt, rewire and solder the battery pack, sound board, speaker and switch to connect to the LED, drill and tap holes so you can secure the blade or blade holder, get the LED unit attached into the saber and then if you didn't screw anything up, you have a converted saber. It's a lot more work than folks realize, especially if you want it to work when you are done.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:04:47 AM by Sarich Belmont » Logged

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 12:36:59 PM »

I apologize if I sound like an insanely arrogant jerk when you read this, just letting you know the amount of work that goes into this process.

As Master Caine said, you have to take the saber apart in order to change the LED. As I found out with those, it's not just a simple matter of pulling out the blade and putting in an LED. You have to take out the blade, remove the LED string from the blade if you intend to reuse it, crack open the saber, remove most of the electronics from the hilt, rewire and solder the battery pack, sound board, speaker and switch to connect to the LED, drill and tap holes so you can secure the blade or blade holder, get the LED unit attached into the saber and then if you didn't screw anything up, you have a converted saber. It's a lot more work than folks realize, especially if you want it to work when you are done.

I don't think he's talking about getting a Force FX conversion.  He said he had an UltraFX, meaning he has a pre-converted one.  He just wants to change the one LED to another.  Of course, this may involve taking apart the saber, I don't know, I just wanted to clarify that.

Ask Deep, like Master Artorius said.  You could also PM Ultra, making sure to post on his thread warning him of the PM, and see if that's a possible custom job (seems like it should be relatively simple).

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 02:00:06 PM »

I don't think he's talking about getting a Force FX conversion.  He said he had an UltraFX, meaning he has a pre-converted one.  He just wants to change the one LED to another.  Of course, this may involve taking apart the saber, I don't know, I just wanted to clarify that.

Ask Deep, like Master Artorius said.  You could also PM Ultra, making sure to post on his thread warning him of the PM, and see if that's a possible custom job (seems like it should be relatively simple).

Ah. Apologies friend, that's what I get for reading the forums after a double shift.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: