Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Led rattles in my Consular  (Read 3013 times)
EV-9D9
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: July 02, 2011, 01:49:06 PM »

I posted this under a different forum, but I see it belongs here since it is a question.

I received my Consular saber this week. It is a nice piece and the new sound board sounds great. I would like to find out if others have the consular saber and if they have experienced this one issue with it.

If I do not have a blade securely fixed in the saber, the LED rattles arround. It is completely loose. Every other saber that I own the LED is secure. I often like to use the saber with out a blade, but I fear the LED will get damaged as it rattles arround.

I have emailed ultrasabers about the issue but I have yet to hear from them.

Thanks

{[][][][]^<<<|=====================

-LDM converted MR Luke ROTJ to a V2 with MR sound
-LDM upgraded MFX TFU Starkiller with US2.5 sound
-Master Yoda Drilled Quartz Graflex V Replica with CF5 sound
-Ultra Sabers nickel plated Consular with Obsidian USB sound

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »

I've had the same issue with my SI before. There's a few things you can do. You could use some gorilla glue on the outside of the LED assembly (which is probably the LED and lens attached to a big nut inside a piece of polycarbonate tube) and let that adhere. You can hot glue it, if you're confident you won't getting any on your LED. Or there is the option of sending it back to them (although that's time and money you could save).

I'm sure you'll hear back from one of the US staff in a bit. They ARE pretty busy with this Obsidian stuff...

Good luck. Grin

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »

Consulars do not use the same led module as SI's and the like.  They use the nice Modular Lighting System modules.

The led isnt loose, youre hearing the mls unit.  It will be fine the way it is, but if its annoying you, you can silence it with an oring or some other bushing material.

Jodaan
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -36

Owner of "We Cook Ewoks", Fine Restaurant

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »

For the rattling, I have wrapped some first aid adhesive band around the led module, since they are one color saber and that I don't plan to change the led module, it's good. With that little mod' the led module is now stuck where I think it belongs to be and there isn't any more rattling.

Clawed Dark Prophecy LE Violet Amethyst
Standard Issue Arctic Blue
Grab Bag -> Incoming <-

Friends' sabers I offered : 12

Dire que notre traduction est "Sabre laser"... Pourquoi pas "Lampe de Poche de combat" ...

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 05:26:12 PM »

As Alex said, there is absolutely zero risk of your LED being damaged.  It is encased in a solid piece of metal we call the MLS unit. 

We have have to leave tolerance in the hilt for these MLS units to come in and out easily so that the customer can take advantage of the quick disconnect option and be able to change out their MLS units easily.  Thus the MLS unit can move slightly if the blade is not in the saber.  There are many ways to fix this, O-Rings or anything to fill the gap.  I'd also advise getting the quick disconnect option and you can remove the actual MLS unit whenever you remove the blade.  There are tons of other solutions. 

But basically, there is no risk to your LED, your saber is fine, all Consulars are made this way.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 02:49:57 AM »

I stand corrected by the best. Glad the proper answer came forth.

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

EV-9D9
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 03:14:16 AM »

Thanks everyone. I was concerned the led would crack or something. I'm now wishing I had ordered the quick disconnect for the saber.

{[][][][]^<<<|=====================

-LDM converted MR Luke ROTJ to a V2 with MR sound
-LDM upgraded MFX TFU Starkiller with US2.5 sound
-Master Yoda Drilled Quartz Graflex V Replica with CF5 sound
-Ultra Sabers nickel plated Consular with Obsidian USB sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: