Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Workstation pics thread!  (Read 3367 times)
deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« on: November 27, 2018, 10:23:15 PM »

Post up pics of where you work on your sabers when you are customizing them! Include pics of your current build you are working on!! I finally got around to finishing my work bench and it was super nice having everything within reach.

My Guardian build is 90% done, and I think I'm going to do the Aeon staff next. Then work on these replicas once some more parts arrive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 10:59:43 PM »

I’m, ya, your work area is wat too clean. I’ll post up what mine looks like when I get home.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »

I don't really have a workstation. I just drag all my stuff out, do my saber install on my desk, then put everything back in boxes. Limited space. Wink

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2791

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 04:17:57 PM »

Whoa. Incredible workspace there, DV

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 12:01:56 AM »

I don't really have a workstation. I just drag all my stuff out, do my saber install on my desk, then put everything back in boxes. Limited space. Wink

that was me for literally every wiring/electronics project before this one. had a fold out table I'd break out and set everything up on. I've done automotive electronics (specifically LED lighting, and LED controllers) for years so this isn't too far off from what I've been doing for a while now. so no this isn't just for sabers, but yes it will be extensively used for sabers haha.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 06:08:08 PM »

I hadn't soldered in over 20 years before building my first saber. I wire up a handful a year, because I also buy complete sabers. So, it makes sense for me to do it how I do. If I soldered regularly, like many of you do, I'd clear a spot for something more permanent.

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 01:49:54 AM »

I hadn't soldered in over 20 years before building my first saber. I wire up a handful a year, because I also buy complete sabers. So, it makes sense for me to do it how I do. If I soldered regularly, like many of you do, I'd clear a spot for something more permanent.
yeah this is for all my other house projects too, note the level, caulk guns/etc. but for 5+ years I regularly soldered on a fold out card table and setup all my gear, nothing wrong with that at all.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 03:09:26 AM »

Due to having a 5 year old, it’s hard to have a work space at home so I mainly do work to my sabers during my free time at work. I have a workspace and several others for taking apart laptops. 

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 03:30:24 AM »

Now that’s a workstation!!!

AS

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »

Looks good and well used, Gumby. Smiley

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 12:35:06 PM »

Due to having a 5 year old, it’s hard to have a work space at home so I mainly do work to my sabers during my free time at work. I have a workspace and several others for taking apart laptops. 

yeah that's why I originally got an ESD mat - for replacing hardware on laptops; also use it for anything I handle with a microcontroller now. I've worked in IT for 15+ years and I feel old just typing that

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 12:37:47 PM »

yeah that's why I originally got an ESD mat - for replacing hardware on laptops; also use it for anything I handle with a microcontroller now. I've worked in IT for 15+ years and I feel old just typing that

Me too minus the 15 + years part, lol.  You’re not old unless you feel it

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 12:38:43 PM »

Now that’s a workstation!!!

ha very nice. this is similar to mine when I'm mid-project but I usually have to clean everything up later otherwise I start to tools and parts. there's nothing more fun than spending a half hour wandering around your house looking for your needlenose pliers  Grin

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »

Just be like me and have a pair in EVERY friggin room in the house!!😃 No, seriously though, I have way too many pairs of pliers. Didn’t have ANY area to any of this type of work for a LLOOOOONNNGG time. I was doing all of it at the kitchen table cause my shop is super full of motorcycle parts(and bikes themselves). So, I had a slab behind my mud room, and next to the master bedroom. The wife and I erected this room over a couple months span a few summers ago, and it’s only recently been ready for human activity. That being said, I don’t have to clean it, ever(at least my half).

AS

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 01:44:45 PM »

Just be like me and have a pair in EVERY friggin room in the house!!😃 No, seriously though, I have way too many pairs of pliers. Didn’t have ANY area to any of this type of work for a LLOOOOONNNGG time. I was doing all of it at the kitchen table cause my shop is super full of motorcycle parts(and bikes themselves). So, I had a slab behind my mud room, and next to the master bedroom. The wife and I erected this room over a couple months span a few summers ago, and it’s only recently been ready for human activity. That being said, I don’t have to clean it, ever(at least my half).

hahahha some things I do have one of on every floor but I swear someone breaks into my house routinely just to hide my needlenose pliers and my 10mm sockets. I very recently just tossed a bunch of extra car parts from my garage that I assumed I'd use one day but never seem to get around to...the life of a car guy haha. what kinda bikes do you have? do you modify or mainly do self-maintenance?

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: