Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wired Dominix  (Read 7436 times)
Master BStone
Resident Master
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 04:11:02 AM »

very nice stuff...you could play with differing thicknesses of wire, and maybe a small amount of copper sheet cut into shapes of panels or designs to maybe further visually tie the wire into black of the hilt...very sweet work.

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 06:14:49 AM »

I would almost want to cut the wires around the emiter to give it a more of a lightning look. but I have no idea if that would stay put together then.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »

That is sweet!  Some blue or purple coated/anodized wire would have a SWEET lighning effect too - like your hilt was just coursing with force lightning.  Definitely a cool, asymmetric look though. 
I was thinking this same exact thing!! That would be totally AWESOME!!  Cool

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 02:29:55 AM »

Right.  I forgot to update this, but I used some bronze vehicle paint in the grooves to "tie in" the wires.

My original idea, in fact, was to have loose "lightning" wires arcing over the emitter and partway over the blade.  However, I soon discovered that the wire tended to peel back from the emitter during dueling, and was nearly impossible to get back into it's proper place.  It can be done, and looks really cool, but for dueling purposes, it doesn't work.

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 03:32:45 AM »

I would think so. the lightning design would be horrible for dueling. i would stab myself with the wires every time.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: