Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Good saber form for me?  (Read 1030 times)
Darth Eriber
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: March 07, 2012, 12:55:14 AM »

I got my first US recently (Phantom v2) I mostley use it as a saber staff and I was just trying to figure out in what form if lightsaber combat should I focus on. In duels I tend to get quick bursts of energy and press an aggresive assalt in hopes of making an opening in my opponents defenses and end the fight as quickely as I can. I try and keep my oppenet on the defensive as long as I can and try to "control" the battle and my enemies movments. I do like to try and keep my oppenent on edge by switching things up a bit every once in a while by throwing in some forward stabs. I'm not big on the flashy spins and tricks and jumps though. Could someone please tell me what form would suit me best.

P.S  I was also wondering if there is actually a differnece in the forms besides there philosophies and how agressive each is. I mean isnt an overhead strike from Djem So the same as one from Makashi?

Dark side points please!

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:11:27 AM »

The last question is highly opinionated. I tend to believe they are more philosophies and will remain that way unless they make a canonical manual detailing each form.

Anyways, about your form -  Djem So is sort of the default answer, it seems, for an aggressive duelist as you describe yourself. However -even though you say you don't like flashy, unnecessary stuff, I would say, from your description, you are Ataru. Some people do very flashy stuff and that makes them Ataru, and sometimes it might, but what you described, particularly this:
In duels I tend to get quick bursts of energy and press an aggresive assalt in hopes of making an opening in my opponents defenses and end the fight as quickely as I can. I try and keep my oppenet on the defensive as long as I can
...makes me think you are Ataru. Of course I have not seen you duel, and without that it is impossible to say, as well as the general ongoing argument as to the actual nature of the Forms, but that is my opinion. Also, my friend known as SOTJ (Ataru user extraordinaire) on here proposed using the NJO Styles in relation to the Seven Forms, so going by that I would describe you as Ataru Strong as opposed to Fast or Medium.

no

Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:34 AM »

It sounds mostly like Ataru.

And yes, there are differences in techniques, unfortunately a lot of it is very vague in their descriptions. for right now we have descriptions of their styles that remain constant.

Hopefully this will help:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2131.0

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: