Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Learning a new lightsaber form  (Read 1079 times)
Darth Eriber
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: March 07, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »

I dont get it. How do you learn a new lightsaber form. Isnt an overhead strike from a Djem So the same as one from Juyo? Is the difference in the forms in the philosophies and how agressive each one is? Also I was thinking about taking up Juyo as my main style. Could someone give me the basics of Juyo and then the more advanced parts of Juyo, also are there any moves and stances specific to Juyo. I'm using a saber staff mainly or possibly duel wield. I know it's a lot of questions but please answer as many as you can. Thanks Smiley

Dark side points please!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:30:47 PM »

Is the difference in the forms in the philosophies and how agressive each one is?

I'd say you hit the nail on the head right there, at least from my point of view.

These Forms affect how attacks are utilized, as well as overall tactics.  The way I look at it, Shii-Cho teaches you the basic strikes, which you take and adapt to the other Forms.

Example:

Padawan A learns Shii-Cho, and decides he wants an aggressive saber form.  Picking Djem So, he learns to empower his strikes through the Force and turn attacks back against his opponent.  He still uses the same types of cuts and movements, but subtly modifies them for his own uses (more windup for stronger attacks, for instance).

Padawan B learns Shii-Cho, but decides he wants more control in his form.  He picks Makashi, and modifies the techniques he learns in Shii-Cho to be smaller and more single-handed, for more precision.

If you want to truly learn Juyo (or Vaapad) you'll need to learn to channel your emotions for fuel.  It's a difficult ability for many, but can be very effective for those who master it.

Darth Eriber
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »

Thanks for the explanation and examples you really helped me out!

Dark side points please!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: