Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A video and text review of my Scorpion in Pyrostone Orange  (Read 2569 times)
Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« on: October 21, 2013, 10:02:21 AM »

A video and text review of my Scorpion in PO.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW76imNkEZQ&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW76imNkEZQ&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Hilt: The hilt is massive, I mean really large and heavy.  It's more suited for a larger person for actual use.  I tend to use mine as a decoration piece instead of a practice saber, I have lighter sabers that I practice with. Now, I fully want people to understand the weight of the saber makes it harder to use for smaller guys/girls, but that being said it is still a beauty to behold.  Looks wise the saber is fantastic.  It has a nice flanged emitter, that has several windows running through it and right below the emitter is another horizontal line of windows that the light from the blade can shine through.  Right below the horizontal windows is a sliver neck piece that is well detailed and nice looking. Below that is the black sleeve that covers the main body of the saber.  The pommel is similar to the Guardian pommel except that the studs on the Scorpion pommel are spiked giving it more a Sith look (I fully consider this saber to be s Sith saber.)  I added a red illuminated AV switch which I feel compliments my blade color.  Speaking of which...

Blade: I went with Pyrostone Orange (PO) as my blade color.  Again, I feel the Scorpion is very much a Sith saber and that PO is very much a Sith color.  I didn't want to go with blazing red as I felt it was too obvious a choice and I thought PO would look great on this saber and it truly does.  Originally I ordered it with an MG blade as I have read that MG blades are more popular with colors like PO, FO, SY, and BR, but quickly realized that I personally preferred PO in an Ultra Edge blade and currently have a UE blade on my Scorpion.  I use a 32" blade as opposed to the standard 36" blade that comes with the saber, being a smaller guy I just find it easier to use a slightly smaller blade and use 32" blades on all of my sabers.

Sound:  The Obsidian sound board is fantastic.  It is very loud, clear, and crisp, no static what-so-ever.  The ability to switch out the sound fonts with the Obsidian Launcher is an added bonus.  The saber has many sounds as well such as the Idle/humming sound, clashing sounds, swinging sounds, Saber locking sounds, and Power on/off sounds.  I'm currently using the default Obsidian sound right now. 

Overall I give the saber a 85/100.  Though it should be noted that the only reason I deduct points is because it is cumbersome for me to wield.  This is not the sabers fault, I'm just a smaller person with accident related back trouble. The saber doesn't limit me so much as I limit the saber.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:25:40 PM »

Nice saber and sick color. What would you say Pyrestone Orange is, like a red orange in person? Really liking the color more. Might get me an Overlord in Pyrestone Orange and with a regular Arbiter pommel.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:52:10 AM »

Nice saber and sick color. What would you say Pyrestone Orange is, like a red orange in person? Really liking the color more. Might get me an Overlord in Pyrestone Orange and with a regular Arbiter pommel.

I'd just call it a dark orange.  Very Sith like.  The light that illuminates off it on the bed is what the blade look like in person.

Darth Ryga
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -28

The Empire is war made manifest

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 08:54:10 AM »

Another great review Prowl! I definitely feel you are on point with your whole review. And, PO is an awesome color choice, and fully agree with you on using an UE blade for it. It just looks amazing with that blade choice. Keep it up! Grin

Sabers w/Sound, A/V's, RP's and QD's(Where Applicable):
Reaper,Dark Shock(2),Consular,Manticore,SS Raven,Archon V2.1,Graflex CE,Scorpion,Dark Prophecy V3(2),Dominix LE V3,Chosen One CE,NP Guardian (Emrld),Dominix LE V4,Dark Apprentice V4
Free Promotional Sabers:
Aeon V3,Dark Standard,Aeon V2,Raven,Sentinel V4,Initiate V3,Initiate LE V3

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 06:24:11 AM »

Great review you are right it's a sith saber to me. The Reaper is more versatile having mine in silver. I will get my Scorpion in Bane's heart I think. I find it interesting seeing a 32" blade on there since there is that claw. I will be using a 40"

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 06:47:31 AM »

Great review you are right it's a sith saber to me. The Reaper is more versatile having mine in silver. I will get my Scorpion in Bane's heart I think. I find it interesting seeing a 32" blade on there since there is that claw. I will be using a 40"

Thanks Sky!  I'd love to use a longer blade like a 36" but it makes the saber much more difficult for me to wield properly, especially with a massive hilt like the Scopion.  I actually need to do a new review on my Bellicose because back when I did my mini review on it and my GB Dominix I only gave it a 70/100, but that was with a 36" blade on it.  Now I have a 32" blade on my Bellicose and it is much more fun to wield, so I need an updated review for it soon.  I'd love to see a Scorpion in BH, that's would be a nice original saber (never seen that combination before).  I'm curious about BH in general.  I plan on getting a Prophecy in either VA or BH (mid grade blade) and can't decide if BH will look too pink or not.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: