Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Manticore review!  (Read 2554 times)
Locke Lo
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -7

« on: February 16, 2020, 07:37:41 PM »

Order a Manticore on Jan 17th and it shipped out Feb 10th. Just now getting to it and I have to say I’m incredibly happy. I went with the Obsidian Lite since this is my first saber and wasn’t trying to swing for the fence. I’m a fan of an orange blade so I went with PO. The color is beautiful and the hilt is absolutely gorgeous. Loving the windows and just the overall look. I also love the FOC with it.

I think the only thing I dislike is the covertech wheel only because it’s not a comfortable two hand hold for me, but that’s not a hilt issue, that’s a me issue. I intend to do a few things to really make it my own like add a wrap and maybe some light weathering, but here it is and it’s new home! I think I’m hooked into the hobby now lol

Arsenal: Manticore

Light and Dark side points welcome.😁

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 08:47:00 PM »

Nice. Some Wishmaster vibes for some reason, like when they find the big red stone and it starts to glow Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Locke Lo
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 09:41:55 PM »

Forgot a shot with the blade blade in. Pardon the garage clutter!

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 11:13:38 PM »

Locke Lo, very nice pictures and I really like the color choice.  PO is probably my favorite color. If my Crimson Fallen ever shows up, I'll have two sabers with that color. (Grand Master LE is PO) Nice  display box

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 11:25:43 PM »

I think Pyrestone Orange will be my next blade color for sure then =] I was about to ask if it was a more red-ish orange kind of color too. Which blade does the color look best in though?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Locke Lo
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 01:46:12 AM »

I’m really enjoying the color. It’s a richer orange than I thought at first but it’s perfect for what I was going for. I think the closest thing to compare it to is the peel of a tangelo. The camera definitely has a hard time picking it up. I will go with the color again in the future for sure, just not sure which hilt. I have my eye on a few but haven’t settled just yet.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 06:51:12 AM »

Been seeing a few of these in the unboxing vids recently. Very nice saber  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

IronbloodPrime
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 01:29:17 PM »

Gorgeous saber! Nice to see the high profile pommel get some love.

I ordered a Manticore as well and it should arrive on Friday, I am PUMPED! First ever saber. Smiley Thanks for showing me what I have to look forward to!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 01:50:52 AM »

Which blade looks best for Pyrestone Orange?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 11:46:33 AM »

I can't but to notice that incredibly cool box that you have for it, I like the details and depth that it has!

Darth_Malignan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

Dark Side -- Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 01:09:31 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous saber!! Thank you for the pics!

Locke Lo
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 04:13:28 AM »

Which blade looks best for Pyrestone Orange?

I have the standard mid grade and I think it looks good. I have a grab bag and a mystery box on the way with a different blade so I’ll pop it in and do a comparison. 

Locke Lo
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 04:18:02 AM »

I can't but to notice that incredibly cool box that you have for it, I like the details and depth that it has!

Thanks! I was going to build one and while i was thinking of how it should look, I just happen to look over at my fireplace where this box was and thought “wait a second!”

I keep it there with my saber in it. Makes for great discussion when folks ask what’s in the box!

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 05:42:54 PM »

Order a Manticore on Jan 17th and it shipped out Feb 10th.

I ordered my Manticore January 15th and I'm still patiently waiting...  US email said it should ship this week...

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2020, 06:16:19 PM »

The Manticore is a great saber I won mine in a Raffle several years ago and it came to me with the DVA LED in it and Obsidian V3.  I ended up wrapping brown leather around the hilt and I found it to not be so slippery when I duel with it.  Its beautiful in that case...Where did you find it or did you build it?

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: