Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab bag showed up!  (Read 3756 times)
DarthSolidus
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -4

The Sith'ari will always hold true.

« on: June 05, 2013, 04:10:46 AM »

So, I just got my first ultrasaber today, totally stoked with the grab bag results. The only thing that really kind of bothers me is that the post office had it since MAY 13th! No one put the slip in our PO Box and it just sat there in limbo. They said it would take 2-3 weeks to ship the thing, I live up in Dawson Creek, BC, long ways away haha but really, I ordered it on may 6th, if I had got that packing slip I would have had it in just a week! That is excellent service.

Anyway! This is my new Dark Initiate v3 in FO. The pictures don't do the color justice... It definitely is orange in person.

Pretty pleased with the whole thing. There is very few cosmetic flaws, small little scratches and stuff, nothing noticeable unless you are really looking up close.

Might get another grab bag soon haha

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:15:33 AM »

Sick saber. Even a red switch with an orange blade. Tongue Nice guitar too. That an Epiphone or LTD? Can't really tell. I play myself and have somewhat of a big collection. 4 electrics and one acoustic/electric. 2 Schecters, one Douglas, and one Dean. The acoustic/electric is a real Crafter.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarthSolidus
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 06:02:04 AM »

Sick saber. Even a red switch with an orange blade. Tongue Nice guitar too. That an Epiphone or LTD? Can't really tell. I play myself and have somewhat of a big collection. 4 electrics and one acoustic/electric. 2 Schecters, one Douglas, and one Dean. The acoustic/electric is a real Crafter.

Thanks. It's an Epiphone SG custom, nice little shred machine. I am in bad need of an acoustic though...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:12:41 AM »

SG Custom. Must be new. Tongue I want one now. 24 or the standard 22 frets? Bet its a tuning beast too. Like if you go all the way down to drop b and a no string breakage or problems. Tongue I usually play drop c# though.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 06:15:36 AM »

That's an awesome grab Darth Solidus, but that's not an Initiate, in fact that looks to be like a Dominix V3 in FO, which makes it even better.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 06:59:46 AM »

Yeah that's a Dominix dude. The Initiate V3 has just the 2 grooves on top and the Dominix has the 3. I know because I have an Aeon V3 and its basically the same thing. =] Is this a Jedi or Sith saber to you?

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 07:24:27 AM »

Thanks. It's an Epiphone SG custom, nice little shred machine. I am in bad need of an acoustic though...

With EMG pickups on, if I'm not mistaken. 81 & 85?

Nice saber btw! Cheesy

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 07:50:30 AM »

Yeah they are 81/85. My Schecter C-1 Limited guitar has them. They sound beastly. They were modded onto my Douglas guitar too. Sorry to get off topic. Lol. Guess I'm not the only one into lightsabers and guitars. That's cool. I got a cool picture in mind to post later then for you guys. =]

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »

That first pic of the FO is what SY looks like in real life (on camera SY looks much whiter)!

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

DarthSolidus
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 04:48:15 PM »

Oh you are right! It is a Dominix v3, thats awesome. It feels so nice in my hands, I cannot wait to spar with this thing haha I really want to get a Obsidian soundboard now...

It is definitely my Sith saber, I like the orange blade a lot. I left it up to chance what the colour would be, and i actually got the one i wanted (either orange would have worked) I plan on getting another one, but i want it in either blue or green, I have a thread on here about the "Manticonsularian", I really want to get my hands on that...

Now for guitar stuff hahaha She's a 24 fret beast and I love her. I call her "The Mistress" I have had her for about 2-3 years now. SG Custom Prophecy EX is the actual name and yes it has EMG's 81/85. She handles down tuning like a freaking champ. I had it tuned down to an open Bmaj (Devin Townsend style) and it kept the tune like it was nothing. I didn't really dig that tuning. Usually I keep her in D, down 2 steps, but I quite often drop her down to drop C.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 04:29:22 AM »

Nice. I'll take the guitar. Lol. But I want the Les Paul version of that series. Let us know when you've upgraded to sound. its not hard to do. I'd get a red av switch for that too. Then either Clone Wars or Dooku font on. Tongue Or a mix of both.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 12:51:20 PM »

Congrats on the saber, DarthSolidus! (Yeah, +1 to the guitar too!)

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 03:25:42 PM »

It's a nice saber.  I'm adding an Obsidion board to my custom Rahm Kota saber.  It will be my first saber with sound.

Dark side points please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: