Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Consular W/ Manticore Emitter or just Manticore  (Read 3477 times)
Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« on: November 05, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »

Hey All,

Looking to purchase another saber and I would like some input from these saber owners (Consular, Manticore)
I've already held the Consular and love the feel, comfortable single handed or two and lighter in feel than my Dark War Glaive.  However I also have grown to love the look of the Manticore!  Who doesn't love windows?! i.e. War Glaive! So the question is:  Consular with Manticore Emitter? or the Manticore?  Can't afford both because i want to go with sound, A/V switch, QD, FoC the works... covertec is not a concern because this saber is for dueling and display.
Please chime in, all opinions are welcome. Furthemore if anyone has both and wouldn't mind swapping out the emmiter on the Consular for Manticore and taking a few pics, dueling or even twirling it around and can give an honest opinion. Thanks ahead of time

Lightside points if any are given

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:10:36 PM »

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I can take a pic of my Consular with Manticore emitter tonight. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 02:10:52 AM »

No pics in of it in use but maybe this will help.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Kal-El
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:25:21 PM »

No pics in of it in use but maybe this will help.

Lightside points given and thank you, yes it helps greatly...I was having a horrible time trying to decide between the twp and you just made my decision for.  More expensive but ultimately what I thought I would want was the consular but wasn't sure how the manticore emmitor was going to fit with the pronounced lip. Do you have any problems twirling or dueling?  Is it as comfortable? How much longer does it become?

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 08:38:08 PM »

I'll take some measurements tonight.  I don't think the pronounced lip is much different than the Manticore saber as a whole and I don't have any trouble handling that.  I honestly haven't handled my Consular that much in a while.  I'll try to get back to you tonight if I don't forget.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 11:19:03 PM »

Consular with Manticore emitter looks pretty cool. I like the look of it. Also making me want a Consular finally.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Azean
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 12:23:04 PM »

That looks good, love seeing all the emitter/hilt/pommel combinations, plus it makes me want a consular even more lol

Kal-El
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »

I absolutely love it,  now onto a pommel choice and the blade color

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »

Go with either the Manticore high profile, Malice square, or Raven plain pommels. Any of them would really balance the black/white color scheme. Also I would recommend either EG, DVA, or AB for the color. Or just get it with a 2 channel or 4 channel Emerald LED driver.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Kal-El
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 02:09:26 AM »

Go with either the Manticore high profile, Malice square, or Raven plain pommels. Any of them would really balance the black/white color scheme. Also I would recommend either EG, DVA, or AB for the color. Or just get it with a 2 channel or 4 channel Emerald LED driver.

The manticore hi-profile was on my top 5 list along with the raven ss and the catalyst to name a few...as for blade color I'm a AB guy unless US has a really good sale, emerald is not an option

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 03:15:47 AM »

The manticore hi-profile was on my top 5 list along with the raven ss and the catalyst to name a few...as for blade color I'm a AB guy unless US has a really good sale, emerald is not an option

Yeah I would go with AB and whatever pommel! I'm with you on that Emerald driver, if I could afford it then I would but my funds won't even allow me a new saber right now. Still thinking you should go Manticore high profile...

My Arsenal

Dark Standard v3~FO
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Kal-El
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 03:25:45 AM »

Yeah I would go with AB and whatever pommel! I'm with you on that Emerald driver, if I could afford it then I would but my funds won't even allow me a new saber right now. Still thinking you should go Manticore high profile...

Honestly I really like the manticore pommel but it's a little short,  was hoping to get something to not only finish off the look of the consular but also extend it  by about 2 inches...After owning my dark war glaive I am not sure if I could have a shorter saber.  That was pretty much what helped me decide to go with the consular over the manticore.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 03:58:23 AM »

Honestly I really like the manticore pommel but it's a little short,  was hoping to get something to not only finish off the look of the consular but also extend it  by about 2 inches...After owning my dark war glaive I am not sure if I could have a shorter saber.  That was pretty much what helped me decide to go with the consular over the manticore.

How bout the War Glaive pommel? Or the DWG pommel #2? I believe the manticore HIGH profile pommel is actually about the same size as the Consular pommel. But hey whatever floats your boat dude.

My Arsenal

Dark Standard v3~FO
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Kal-El
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 11:22:29 PM »

How bout the War Glaive pommel? Or the DWG pommel #2? I believe the manticore HIGH profile pommel is actually about the same size as the Consular pommel. But hey whatever floats your boat dude.

Actually have the DWG and have put it on my friends Consular, it looks really good!  I myself have been tooling around the idea of taking the shroud off which doesn't really look good with that pommel.  However the DWG #2 pommel would look really good with this setup.  Still searching...but think i'm onto something.

Kal-El
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »

Has anybody gotten the manticore emmitor and pommel polished, nickel or anodized?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: