Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dual sound staff  (Read 1184 times)
jedi hound
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« on: June 25, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »

Anyone have a staff with sound in both hilts?  Is this awesome or overkill?  Any videos out there?  Thanks.

ARCHON V2 - Sunrider's Destiny
CONSULAR - Adegan Silver
DARK INITIATE V3 - Blazing Red
GUARDIAN - Dark Violet Amethyst
PHANTASM INITIATE V2 - Consular Green/Guardian Blue

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »

I do not own one and I cannot supply a video.  I have a friend with one and I can honestly say that it is not overkill, just expensive and money well spent.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

jedi hound
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 04:23:40 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  Is there any 'seperation' between the two being triggered or does it sound like a big stereo saber for lack of bettr explantation?  The only thing I can think of sounding bad would be if it's just a random mess of sound when spinning/attacking.  I'm thinking of doing a DSv3 staff in a few mOnths...

ARCHON V2 - Sunrider's Destiny
CONSULAR - Adegan Silver
DARK INITIATE V3 - Blazing Red
GUARDIAN - Dark Violet Amethyst
PHANTASM INITIATE V2 - Consular Green/Guardian Blue

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:29:04 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  Is there any 'seperation' between the two being triggered or does it sound like a big stereo saber for lack of bettr explantation?  The only thing I can think of sounding bad would be if it's just a random mess of sound when spinning/attacking.  I'm thinking of doing a DSv3 staff in a few mOnths...

My following opinion has to come with a caveat.  I have hearing loss so some sounds are never just right to me.  From what I can tell, it more like stereo sound and does not resemble a mish-mash of noise.  Each half is its own independent saber so you will be getting clashes on one while you get a movement sound from the other.  A pretty cool effect to me.  If you remember the Darth Maul, Qui-Gon combo pack of children's sabers that came out at the release of TPM, that is a similar sound.  Obsidian though takes everything to a much greater level.  Like BOSE, there is lightsaber sounds, and then there is Obsidian Sounds. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Takanuva588
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:08:30 AM »

eh i just got my saber today and i think it is fine with only half sound

_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 08:05:46 AM »

There is a little bit of mish-mash, but it's hardly a problem.

The thing to keep in mind is that this saber staff can also be 2 single sabers, so whether you remove sound out of one of them just so the sabers sounds more "pure" is your decision, but for my personal Phantasm Initiate V3, which I use almost every other day, it's not as much as a problem as you may be led to believe.

What's really nice is you can customize the sensitivity of the sounds and clashes, so right off the bat you could turn the sensitivity nearly off on one of them but still have the ability to use sound at a later time.

I don't know how exactly to explain it to you other than it doesn't sound messed up like 2 different songs playing at once.  Obviously there is not one single sound, but the two sounds compliment one another.
I hope that helps.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 04:08:48 PM »

I have one and I can tell you, it's awesome. They have different "turn on" sounds, which make it absolutely amazing when turning it on, at least for me, since I like to light them up separately(a la Darth Maul). The sounds don't seem to clash all that much, in fact it creates a nice resonance.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Darme
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »

I got mine in the mail yesterday!  I think sound in both is great.  I like to have the same hum/idle for both, but ala Lord Cooler you can have different power on/off loaded or different clash motions.  I have different lock-ups loaded (one is the traditional, the other is a force push) right now. Having sound in both gives you a lot of room to play.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: