Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Stuck blade plug removal method  (Read 542 times)
imprimis5
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -38

« on: December 10, 2019, 01:47:55 PM »

I showed up to my workplace an hour early this morning so I could take advantage of the large open spaces in our warehouse for practicing some spins. But instead of practice, I had to spend the whole time removing the blade plug that was stuck in my Guardian.

I tried all the methods that wouldn’t run the risk of damaging the saber or destroying the plug. I had no purchase for prying it out, and it wasn’t budging when I tried to push it even a nanometre through the blade retention screw hole. I took the sheath off to discover that there was solid metal underneath with no way to gain access. There’s a clear cover in between the LED and the emitter, so I couldn’t push something up through. I put a drop of oil on it and swung it wildly, snapping at my wrist to really get some torque. All to no avail.

And then I tried one last idea. I bounced it, emitter down, on a rubber mallet. Over and over, each time the plug moving fractionally toward a place where I could grab it. One final bounce on the mallet and it popped out! Considering I was sitting next to a drill for the next phase of blade plug removal, I consider this a huge win.

I hope this will help someone.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »

I feel your pain.   :-)   Same basic situation, but with a battery pack, in the end I "tapped" it out by bouncing the saber body on a rubber mat.   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: