Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Author Topic: Welcome to SaberForum.com  (Read 71114 times)
Graywolf727
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »

Hello all. I kinda forgot to introduce myself upon joining but I figure its not too late.

Anyway feel free to call me Rykel, graywolf, Gwolf, ect. I am a long time fan of Star Wars since I was little and got to see A New Hope during the 97 re-release. I have yet to buy an Ultrasaber for myself but hope to change that by the end of the month(damn bills have been getting in the way!). I love doing stage fighting and choreography with my best friend but have been using kendo sticks after destroying a Master Replica Luke ROTJ going full speed. Anyway hope to start  to contribute with pics, vids, and reviews very soon. And thanks for answering my questions thus far, this seems to be a great community.

I am Darth Rykel, a destroyer of worlds, and Lord of the Sith...so to put it simply, Dark side points please.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »

I've been a member of the forums for close to a month now, and I just realized this thread was here.

Anyway, I am a Sith lord in training named Arcadius (real name = Vincent). I recently (during the Christmas sale) purchased my first saber - a Phantom LE V3 in Pyrestone Orange. Prior to that, I've had two other US sabers - an old PVC (the original standard issue) in AS (died on me about two years ago), and an Omen, also in AS. My Omen is out of commission at the moment, but the problem is likely with the battery pack (it looks like the batteries leaked a bit of acid onto the contacts).

I'm looking forward to eventually sending my Phantom in to get Obsidian added (I already have the Li-ion setup), and am seriously considering another saber when I can afford one. My choices are currently between an Overlord, Consular or Dark Prophecy V3 - I'm leaning toward the Overlord and Consular for their MHS emitters and quick disconnect ability. That one will most likely have sound, and be a Violet Amethyst or Dark Violet Amethyst, possibly with an Arctic Blue or Bane's Heart MLS led that I can switch in if I choose to.

Welcome!

First metal hilt in PO = Great choice.

I love the Consular because it's Qui-Gon and who doesn't love Qui-Gon. Mine's in Bane's Heat, if you want a really unique and different color get a BH MLS; google Magenta......that's the color.

The Overlord is more Sith but that's ok with you. VA and DVA really depend on if you want a pinker purple, or a bluer purple?

Hello all. I kinda forgot to introduce myself upon joining but I figure its not too late.

Anyway feel free to call me Rykel, graywolf, Gwolf, ect. I am a long time fan of Star Wars since I was little and got to see A New Hope during the 97 re-release. I have yet to buy an Ultrasaber for myself but hope to change that by the end of the month(damn bills have been getting in the way!). I love doing stage fighting and choreography with my best friend but have been using kendo sticks after destroying a Master Replica Luke ROTJ going full speed. Anyway hope to start  to contribute with pics, vids, and reviews very soon. And thanks for answering my questions thus far, this seems to be a great community.

Welcome it's nice to meet you.

What saber were you thinking about getting?

I own most of them, aside from the newer ones.

I blew all my saved up fun money on sabers instead of a vacation; though M.J. didn't mind to much. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Unobtanium
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

You can run, but you'll just die tired.

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2012, 02:30:45 AM »

Very excited to be a part of the Ultrasabers community. I've been lurking for the past few days and now I'm ready to step into the light!

Arsenal:
Apostle - BR Dark SI V3
Chaplain - SY Phantom LE V2

Graywolf727
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »

Welcome it's nice to meet you.

What saber were you thinking about getting?

I own most of them, aside from the newer ones.

I blew all my saved up fun money on sabers instead of a vacation; though M.J. didn't mind to much. Grin

I was looking to get an Aeon or Dominix first for dueling use in SY. After that I am still deciding what to save for. I want to get a fully loaded saber within the next month and am between the Bellicose, Raven, and Guardian. I hope to make a custom staff later when I could afford another hilt so I also am trying to figure out what two of them will go together best and am leaning towards a Guardicose, which I think would look pretty sick!

I am Darth Rykel, a destroyer of worlds, and Lord of the Sith...so to put it simply, Dark side points please.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »

I was looking to get an Aeon or Dominix first for dueling use in SY. After that I am still deciding what to save for. I want to get a fully loaded saber within the next month and am between the Bellicose, Raven, and Guardian. I hope to make a custom staff later when I could afford another hilt so I also am trying to figure out what two of them will go together best and am leaning towards a Guardicose, which I think would look pretty sick!

Welcome!  Some pretty cool ideas you got there... here's a suggestion which could save you money as well as give you a more balanced staff.

Go with the Aeon or Dominix now, enjoy your first stunt hilt, and save up for the tricked out one like you said.  Once you get that one, save up for another Dominix or Aeon, and buy it in SY with a coupler.  That will give you a very functional staff as well as a really nice Obsidian-equipped saber.

Arcadius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

Without emotions, we are powerless.

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »

Welcome!

First metal hilt in PO = Great choice.

I love the Consular because it's Qui-Gon and who doesn't love Qui-Gon. Mine's in Bane's Heat, if you want a really unique and different color get a BH MLS; google Magenta......that's the color.

The Overlord is more Sith but that's ok with you. VA and DVA really depend on if you want a pinker purple, or a bluer purple?

I love the PO color - and it looks great on the primary black tone of the Phantom.

What draws me to the consular is the removable shroud. With the shroud, it can be hidden as a Jedi like weapon (throwing off hapless fools who would assume its owner is a Jedi). Without, it is definitely more Sith like.

The Overlord just looks awesome, and I think would give me more options for what emitters would look good. I'm particularly thinking the war glaive (black finish for the body, silver claws)... I think that would be a sick combination.

Color wise, I know what Magenta looks like - I've done enough graphic design, print work and color photo development that I'm very used to the color. That would look fantastic I imagine. As for the VA verses DVA, if I'm going for Bane's Heart, the VA might be too close, so I'm thinking the DVA (more blue is appealing).

The Jedi speak of freedom, yet know nothing of true freedom. They speak of knowing the force, but know nothing of the true power of the force.

Dark side points please!

Sabers:
PO Phantom LE V3 Staff
GB Blue Liberator (fiancee's)
AS Omen w/filters (dead)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »

This makes me very happy.

You should do what Master Nero said. Grin
I love the PO color - and it looks great on the primary black tone of the Phantom.

What draws me to the consular is the removable shroud. With the shroud, it can be hidden as a Jedi like weapon (throwing off hapless fools who would assume its owner is a Jedi). Without, it is definitely more Sith like.

The Overlord just looks awesome, and I think would give me more options for what emitters would look good. I'm particularly thinking the war glaive (black finish for the body, silver claws)... I think that would be a sick combination.

Color wise, I know what Magenta looks like - I've done enough graphic design, print work and color photo development that I'm very used to the color. That would look fantastic I imagine. As for the VA verses DVA, if I'm going for Bane's Heart, the VA might be too close, so I'm thinking the DVA (more blue is appealing).

The Consular is MHS compatible at both ends as well but I have to say that the Overlord with the War Glaive emitter.

I love everything War Glaive, The choke would add fantastic spinning capabilities; very smooth.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Graywolf727
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »

Welcome!  Some pretty cool ideas you got there... here's a suggestion which could save you money as well as give you a more balanced staff.

Go with the Aeon or Dominix now, enjoy your first stunt hilt, and save up for the tricked out one like you said.  Once you get that one, save up for another Dominix or Aeon, and buy it in SY with a coupler.  That will give you a very functional staff as well as a really nice Obsidian-equipped saber.

Well I am definatly going with the SY saber for dueling first then I am thinking of going with the Bellicose since even fully loaded it is a bit cheaper than the other two. As for what I want to combo it with idk. I think the Guardian would fit better in terms of overall looks and will probably look to make that next on the list behind the Bellicose. Although the Raven is calling out my inner dark side....crap I just had an idea that will cost me even more money.

While typing this just now, I had an idea for a Sith staff. A Raven+Dark War Glaive with one in BR, the other in PO, and custom leather wraps....Now I really gotta pull for that raise at work.

DarthFluffyKitten
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »

Hello,
I'm new.

Darth Sky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Skyrim took my joke...

« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2012, 10:24:56 PM »

I guess I was supposed to say something here first....

Okay um.... Hi...... My name is Darth Sky.... (And I'm an alcoholic)

Just kidding ppl.

Any way, some of you might have seen me about the forums already.

So yeah..... great to be here.

I miss Darth Maul... (Sad Face)

Jaron Evenstar
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

Just be.

« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2012, 01:09:19 AM »

Hi all. Thought I'd pop in now that I've created an account.  Just ordered a standard issue in guardian blue after a week of site snooping. Now I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.  Looks like you have a nice community here. I'll be sure to post my pending customizations once they become reality.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2012, 03:02:19 AM »

Hi all. Thought I'd pop in now that I've created an account.  Just ordered a standard issue in guardian blue after a week of site snooping. Now I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.  Looks like you have a nice community here. I'll be sure to post my pending customizations once they become reality.

SI in Guardian Blue is a great intro saber.  It's rugged, simple, and elegant - plus the Guardian Blue is one of the best colors IMO.  I'm sure you'll be itching to get more once you receive your first Wink

Welcome!

Zavin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2012, 03:42:30 AM »

Hey guys, new guy over here.
I'm currently planning a freezemob kinda similar to the one for TOR, but this time for TPM3D in my country
Anyways, quick question. which blade looks the brightest with Arctic Blue? I'm looking for a saber that's the brightests and able to endure some heavy dueling, and has no dim. Any ideas? I have to order the saber as soon as tomorrow!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2012, 04:00:50 AM »

I'm currently planning a freezemob kinda similar to the one for TOR, but this time for TPM3D in my country
Anyways, quick question. which blade looks the brightest with Arctic Blue? I'm looking for a saber that's the brightests and able to endure some heavy dueling, and has no dim. Any ideas? I have to order the saber as soon as tomorrow!

My Arctic Blue Bane looks just fine in an UltraEdge Heavy Grade BUT, it makes the saber blade heavy.

If you plan on going full force than get yourself a Heavy Grade.

Though the Mid-Grade blades; including the standard UltraEdge are designed to bend slightly on the hit to absorb the impact and recoil to allow for quicker movements.

I assure you that Arctic Blue (AB) is bright and vibrant; it shines very well through all the blades.

OH! Almost forgot.

Welcome to the Forums! Grin

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2012, 04:03:42 AM »

The heavy grade blades are the most durable, but they have some dimming due to the thicker walls.  The midgrade blades are still very durable, but are lighter and brighter, so I typically recommend them.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: