Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 885397 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »

i had the same question already posted, try using the search button as to keep the threads on topic.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=6625.0

Exactly.  Ben, PLEASE try to avoid derailing threads like this, you've done it several times in this topic alone.  Use the search feature, or start a new thread if you have a question.

i've got a question to add, i'm getting a Dark Initiate v3 with a crimson red blade for dueling in Ataru, and doing some spinning for fun what blade length and type should i get?
 i havent noticed anyone mentioning crimson red yet so im hoping im not double posting.

I generally prefer red in the regular midgrade blades, and that's not just because they're my preferred blade type... even Deep thinks so!  Seriously though, the midgrade blades give you a bit more brightness and better speed for Ataru.

Also, for blade length I'd say 32" might be a good choice - it's a good length for a light, quick blade (perfect for Ataru).

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -13

Darth Dymyse and Jedi Knight Dylan

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2012, 06:06:39 PM »

Exactly.  Ben, PLEASE try to avoid derailing threads like this, you've done it several times in this topic alone.  Use the search feature, or start a new thread if you have a question.

I generally prefer red in the regular midgrade blades, and that's not just because they're my preferred blade type... even Deep thinks so!  Seriously though, the midgrade blades give you a bit more brightness and better speed for Ataru.

Also, for blade length I'd say 32" might be a good choice - it's a good length for a light, quick blade (perfect for Ataru).

ok we'll i've heard UE blades change color Hue's and stuff does that happen with red, green or VA?(the VA was for my gf)Tongue thanks for the advice

Dark side points please

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2012, 06:16:48 PM »

ok we'll i've heard UE blades change color Hue's and stuff does that happen with red, green or VA?(the VA was for my gf)Tongue thanks for the advice

It makes them look more pastel.

no

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »

because of the ultrafilm inside, it does even out the blade a bit however, and makes it look more "full"

i find the ultraedge blades are really really good for photos in low light or no light situations, ends up looking like the picture has been rotoscoped

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -13

Darth Dymyse and Jedi Knight Dylan

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2012, 06:26:32 PM »

ok thanks for the answers

Dark side points please

Ben_Skywalker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 3

There is no death, there is the Force.

« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2012, 04:47:02 AM »

Sorry Nero, never done any thread before, it's new to me. Still figuring this out.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2012, 05:52:20 AM »

Sorry Nero, never done any thread before, it's new to me. Still figuring this out.

It's really not a big deal.  I just wanted to let you know that you have other options to obtain information - using the search function will give you a great deal of info, and starting a new thread is totally accepted.  We are more than happy to help you out, we just try to keep things halfway organized around here Wink

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2012, 08:31:53 AM »

It's really not a big deal.  I just wanted to let you know that you have other options to obtain information - using the search function will give you a great deal of info, and starting a new thread is totally accepted.  We are more than happy to help you out, we just try to keep things halfway organized around here Wink

Only halfway?  Tongue

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »

I personally think all three are nice in UE. I only notice a very slight difference.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

heartlessglint
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »

Sorry if this has already been answered but just wanted to get a few peoples opinions.
I am about to order my first lightsaber  Grin. I am looking to get a standard Issue Battle Saber v3 with a violet amethyst LED. I am going to be using it for a lot of heavy dueling so am going to go with the HG or UEHG but am not sure what one would be better, and if it would change the hue of the LED or not.

Light side points please

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »

Sorry if this has already been answered but just wanted to get a few peoples opinions.
I am about to order my first lightsaber  Grin. I am looking to get a standard Issue Battle Saber v3 with a violet amethyst LED. I am going to be using it for a lot of heavy dueling so am going to go with the HG or UEHG but am not sure what one would be better, and if it would change the hue of the LED or not.

Personally I'd say regular HG, Violet Amethyst looks better in that type IMO.

Ezio
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »

So if I want to make lightsaber tricks, and not a lot of combat (maybe some times but not heavy combat) I should get the Mid grade?  Huh   Grin

Xanedan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 49

Photography Geek

« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »

Definitely a personal choice, but I'd say mid grade is probably a much better starting point than heavy.  Heavies tend to balance sabers past the emitter too, which will effect your spinning a bit.

Initiate V2 - SY, Dark Initiate V2 - DVA
Initiate V3 - SY, Dark Initiate V3 - DVA
SS Raven, Dark War Consular, Dark Prophecy V3

captainOinge
Force Sensitive

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

I'm hoping someone can just give me their opinion on what size of blade and hilt to get. I'm a 5'3" girl with sort of small hands, so the Initiate series seems like a good option for me, however, I am unsure if the V2 would be still a little small vs the V3. Also, 24" seems like a better size for the blade for walking around (I don't want to hit everything/everyone when around a bunch of people), but I am worried it would look too small. :/

Please help. <3

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2012, 03:25:17 PM »

I'm hoping someone can just give me their opinion on what size of blade and hilt to get. I'm a 5'3" girl with sort of small hands, so the Initiate series seems like a good option for me, however, I am unsure if the V2 would be still a little small vs the V3. Also, 24" seems like a better size for the blade for walking around (I don't want to hit everything/everyone when around a bunch of people), but I am worried it would look too small. :/

Please help. <3

I would recommend the V3. Now, for the blade length, I would recommend 32". That way if you want to go longer with it you can get a 36" or if you want a shorter blade you can go with 24". The 24" is a bit short if you don't know what to expect, but the 32" should be great Smiley

no

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: