Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Author Topic: Costume buying guide  (Read 178087 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2022, 02:55:25 AM »

Can anyone direct me to where I could find clone armor? I am not in need of top shelf stuff necessarily. B Pull armor would suffice.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2022, 05:04:00 AM »

Hi mrg149,

Do you mean a full trooper outfit with helmet etc or a Jedi clone armour set (like Obi-Wan and Anakin in TCW)?

I have found a clone war era Jedi set for roughly $222 on ETSY and there are a few listings for templates to make full trooper foam armour.

EDIT: I'll drop you a PM with links as I'm not sure how good the vendors are but you might want to take a look ok!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2022, 01:03:36 PM »

Hi mrg149,

Do you mean a full trooper outfit with helmet etc or a Jedi clone armour set (like Obi-Wan and Anakin in TCW)?

I have found a clone war era Jedi set for roughly $222 on ETSY and there are a few listings for templates to make full trooper foam armour.

EDIT: I'll drop you a PM with links as I'm not sure how good the vendors are but you might want to take a look ok!

FT: THANK YOU for the info.

I'm putting together a Smuggler costume and just need enough "scavenged" armor to cover my right arm. I was informed by members of the Dark Empire cosplay group that "B Pull" armor is product that is slightly defective in some way and thus cheaper when sold.

Thanks for the links, this should be a merry rabbit hole to descend into.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2022, 04:19:20 PM »

"B Pull" armor is product that is slightly defective in some way and thus cheaper when sold.

Hi MRG, glad to help. I regularly browse places like ETSY for all the lightsaber, costume  and  NERFing  accessories that I can't afford  Grin
Every now and then I see interesting stuff and it sticks in my memory. Looking forward to seeing how your project turns out.

And today I learnt what B-Pull armour is too. Thnx!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2022, 08:29:15 PM »

And today I learnt what B-Pull armour is too. Thnx!

Yeah...that was a new term for me too.

Looks like I can get what I need for about $35(US) and sadly the shipping would end up just as expensive :-(

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2022, 02:19:26 AM »

I'm putting together a Smuggler costume and just need enough "scavenged" armor to cover my right arm. I was informed by members of the Dark Empire cosplay group that "B Pull" armor is product that is slightly defective in some way and thus cheaper when sold.

I'd check with the #d printing people, since you're not going for full armor....would be cheaper.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2022, 12:20:25 PM »

That's another option. Thanks!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: