Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Author Topic: When will we get updates on the Diamond Controller requests?  (Read 30381 times)
skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2017, 10:39:10 PM »

I'm glad I metaphorically held my breath and wasn't literally holding my breath...

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2017, 03:54:24 AM »

It would be great if the new patch came out next week when I get my first diamond saber, hint hint wink wink.  Wink

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »

I'm glad I metaphorically held my breath and wasn't literally holding my breath...

You can all start breathing now:  Roll Eyes

Start the Launcher's Maintenance tool with the saber disconnected from the PC (with the Mac version following sometime next week) in order to upgrade the Launcher to v. 2.4.
Next, make sure you update your firmware to v. 240, but only AFTER the SOFTWARE UPDATE!

Once the new version of Launcher is installed, you can go to Resources in the Main tab and find the User Manual for Diamond controller. Other release specs include:

Software:
- express font wizard
- quick reconnect
- master volume control
- real-time board settings
- built-in resources page
- undo and redo for the Effect Editor
- bug fixes

Firmware:
- ability to support 16 fonts instead of 10
- real time volume adjustment (there's no need for a mute font anymore!)
- quick menus with significant fewer voice messages
- improved rotation detection for the on-board menus
- reduced power off and menu exit time from 3 to 2 seconds
- bug fixes

P.S. A farewell note from Felicia:

"Enjoy your saber!"

Cheers to all

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »

Well this is the greatest surprise in the world. I have the whole day off, just got home from work, showered and see this update. I already updated my software and firmware of my Archon Diamond and Holy BLANK. RSX, you did it! I love the updates. Mind you, I was one of the very few who likes the advanced mode of the Diamond but having an Express Mode is awesome. Thank you so much!

The only thing I am having trouble with is quick reconnect. But maybe that is just me. Everything else is great. Thanks again! +1000 Points!!!!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2017, 11:54:03 AM »

Start the Launcher's Maintenance tool with the saber disconnected from the PC (with the Mac version following sometime next week) in order to upgrade the Launcher to v. 2.4.
Next, make sure you update your firmware to v. 240, but only AFTER the SOFTWARE UPDATE!

Once the new version of Launcher is installed, you can go to Resources in the Main tab and find the User Manual for Diamond controller. Other release specs include:

Software:
- express font wizard
- quick reconnect
- master volume control
- bug fixes

Firmware:
- bug fixes

"Enjoy your saber!"

Cheers to all

I shall have a look at this over the weekend and see if it makes me decide to keep my Diamonds or if I still decide to give them the flick.

Thanks for keeping us informed while we were waiting!

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2017, 12:40:45 PM »

Software:
- express font wizard
- quick reconnect
- master volume control
- bug fixes

Firmware:
- bug fixes

"Enjoy your saber!"

Cheers to all

Wow you really nailed it. The 3 second power off was scaring me off for a while.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2017, 02:02:10 PM »

Wow you really nailed it. The 3 second power off was scaring me off for a while.

Power off is really nice. And since I don't use Gestures as of right now, Felicia is "gone". Woohoo!!

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2017, 11:08:56 PM »

Great work on this. Now I just have to get a diamond saber again...

Obi Wan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2017, 11:22:01 PM »

AWESOME update to the Diamond controller. Perfect timing on the update too since I was off from work today and have a 3 day weekend. I just spent the last several hours tweaking some of my fonts and installed a new Mace Windu font on my Diamond Archon V2.1.  I now have 11 fonts installed on that saber. Thanks to the new update, I am able to  add 6 fonts on top of the 10 I already had on there. Here is a list of observations I have made so far after playing with the new software and my saber for a few hours.

1. The new way of switching fonts while using the saber is EXCELLENT. Soooooo much better than the old way. Almost effortless to switch fonts now compared to before.

2. The new "on saber" volume control is really cool and works flawlessly for me. Very convenient if you want to play with your saber and not bug anyone with it being too loud (even though I think only a fuddy duddy would find a saber too loud.. LOL. For me, I like em loud and powerful sounding  Cheesy

3.  The shorter 2 second power-off is a welcome addition. It was a little awkward to hold the button for a full 3 seconds previously to turn it off.

4. I noticed that a font no longer fails to load if you have sound files with names longer than a certain number of characters. I had one stab sound with a really long file name to see what would happen and it loaded onto the saber no problem. However, the software did automatically truncate the name of the file to just the first 8 characters that were present in the file name. For me, this is not a big deal and it is certainly much better than crashing the board like before the update.

5. I noticed on the "Express" tab, it does not seem to be possible to set the intensity of the channel 4 LED (white for my saber). Only the RGB channels can be set in this menu. It also does not seem to be possible to set a pulse time. Only the pulse color can be set. It seems necessary to go into advanced mode to adjust the pulse time to something really suitable. Not a problem for me as I have gotten VERY comfortable with the advanced mode over the past several months. This might be an issue for less advanced users or those who don't want to devote the time to it that I have.

6. The time for the saber to establish connection with the computer when plugged in seems to have been dramatically reduced. It used to take quite a while for my saber with the 10 (now 11) large fonts on it to make the connection. I would estimate the time has been cut in half. This is greatly appreciated.

7. The sounds are no longer normalized to max volume when written to the saber. Now I don't have to use fancy tricks with Audacity anymore to get the saber to play the hums at the correct volume relative to the rest of the font.

8. I got a few different error messages when I first tried the update on the software. Eventually a message popped up saying it had become corrupt. Easy fix though. I just uninstalled/ re-installed the software and then performed the update without issue.

9. Sorry Felicia, but I really don't miss you at all. I've enjoyed our time together but it's time for me to move on without you.

In summary, this is a GREAT update and made the Diamond sabers a lot better than they already were IMO.

Thank you Adrian for keeping us informed and answering our questions on the forum.

I'm looking forward to future updates as well. I think we have now begun to really tap the potential of the Diamond Controller.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
   -The Force will be with you, alwaysl-

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2017, 02:42:58 AM »

AWESOME update to the Diamond controller. Perfect timing on the update too since I was off from work today and have a 3 day weekend. I just spent the last several hours tweaking some of my fonts and installed a new Mace Windu font on my Diamond Archon V2.1.  I now have 11 fonts installed on that saber. Thanks to the new update, I am able to  add 6 fonts on top of the 10 I already had on there. Here is a list of observations I have made so far after playing with the new software and my saber for a few hours.

1. The new way of switching fonts while using the saber is EXCELLENT. Soooooo much better than the old way. Almost effortless to switch fonts now compared to before.

2. The new "on saber" volume control is really cool and works flawlessly for me. Very convenient if you want to play with your saber and not bug anyone with it being too loud (even though I think only a fuddy duddy would find a saber too loud.. LOL. For me, I like em loud and powerful sounding  Cheesy

3.  The shorter 2 second power-off is a welcome addition. It was a little awkward to hold the button for a full 3 seconds previously to turn it off.

4. I noticed that a font no longer fails to load if you have sound files with names longer than a certain number of characters. I had one stab sound with a really long file name to see what would happen and it loaded onto the saber no problem. However, the software did automatically truncate the name of the file to just the first 8 characters that were present in the file name. For me, this is not a big deal and it is certainly much better than crashing the board like before the update.

5. I noticed on the "Express" tab, it does not seem to be possible to set the intensity of the channel 4 LED (white for my saber). Only the RGB channels can be set in this menu. It also does not seem to be possible to set a pulse time. Only the pulse color can be set. It seems necessary to go into advanced mode to adjust the pulse time to something really suitable. Not a problem for me as I have gotten VERY comfortable with the advanced mode over the past several months. This might be an issue for less advanced users or those who don't want to devote the time to it that I have.

6. The time for the saber to establish connection with the computer when plugged in seems to have been dramatically reduced. It used to take quite a while for my saber with the 10 (now 11) large fonts on it to make the connection. I would estimate the time has been cut in half. This is greatly appreciated.

7. The sounds are no longer normalized to max volume when written to the saber. Now I don't have to use fancy tricks with Audacity anymore to get the saber to play the hums at the correct volume relative to the rest of the font.

8. I got a few different error messages when I first tried the update on the software. Eventually a message popped up saying it had become corrupt. Easy fix though. I just uninstalled/ re-installed the software and then performed the update without issue.

9. Sorry Felicia, but I really don't miss you at all. I've enjoyed our time together but it's time for me to move on without you.

In summary, this is a GREAT update and made the Diamond sabers a lot better than they already were IMO.

Thank you Adrian for keeping us informed and answering our questions on the forum.

I'm looking forward to future updates as well. I think we have now begun to really tap the potential of the Diamond Controller.

Your number 9 made me laugh. Point.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2017, 04:57:34 AM »

Wow, this was absolutely great!  It has made my diamond sabers something to play with again, between A) the easier font changing, B) the volume control, and C) the express tab.  I'm surprised at myself that B is what I'm most excited about, but I am happy.  The extra font slots are just a bonus.

I am really looking forward to playing around with my diamonds over the next few months (because I don't get much time to work on them during the week).

If I have 4 suggestions moving forward, it is this:

1) As was mentioned earlier, a pulse time setting would be wonderful. 
2) A "flicker" effect, or a more random pulse, could be an awesome feature to add.
3) In the overview menu, we should be able to uncheck any feature we do not want included in the font.  For example, I don't use gestures or force effects.  As Darth Cephalus states in his review of the Diamond Controller, if you're doing a very spin-heavy routine, then all you get are the spin effects.  So if I could go in and uncheck gestures, force effects, and spin effect then it would simplify things a bit further.
4) A software reconnect instead of requiring us to unplug and plug in the cable again (which is what I have to do)

I think I'm going to have to write a review of this on the review forum.  It's very good.  Very, very good.  My suggestions are not complaints, but requests for additional features after seeing how awesome this update was. 

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2017, 05:22:14 AM »

There's 2 versions of the color selector.  One lets you set the intensity of each channel, one gives you a more typical color picker. 

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2017, 05:49:47 AM »

Man I can't wait, such great timing!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2017, 06:17:21 AM »

So I've played around with this for several hours now to explore the ins and outs of it all. Obi Wan had some good points, and this one was the most important one.

Both of these things are so important to an "express" mode. So now if I want to dial in my fourth channel I have to use the advanced tab anyway. This update is absolutely worthless to someone like me who uses white in most of my colors, or who uses white as the PRIMARY color, but I can't access my fourth channel. Even if you pick white in the "easy" pop up screen, it's still not white anyway.

I get it that express is "less features" but the whole point of the express mode was to NOT have to use the advanced mode unless you wanted to get experimental and creative. So having an express feature without the fourth channel is a massively huge fail as far as I'm concerned. I would have rather had a fourth channel control and a pulse length modification option than 6 extra font banks.

Also it seems that whatever color appears on the screen in the so called "express" mode is not indicative of what you actually get on the saber anyway. And when you go and test the effect before you write to the saber it seems to just add fourth channel for a bunch of other stuff anyway.

Example - I set a blue blade, blueish pulse, yellow flash on clash for my Guardian. When it powers on it's white, then blue/blue. When it powers off it turns white, then off. And the FoC became a very fast cycle of WHITE/YELLOW/WHITE What the actual f...

The quick reconnect feature has worked not once out of 50+ attempts. Every time I write a font I have to shut the launcher, turn off and unplug the saber, start the program again, turn the saber on then plug it in. Quick? ...no... no it's not quick.

Also the turn off time either didn't change on mine, there was an option to change it that I didn't find, or something else went wrong... Because compared to all my other sound sabers it still feels like an eternity has passed before it shuts down.

I'll stick with Emerald and V4 from US and products from other manufacturers that are just hands down better than Diamond, especially when it comes to the software. I most definitely appreciate the effort put into this update, but in my usual blunt and honest opinion; Diamond sabers are expensive paperweights.

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2017, 06:26:49 AM »

Isola, did you update the firmware on your saber itself?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: