Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Author Topic: When will we get updates on the Diamond Controller requests?  (Read 29848 times)
Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2017, 01:31:13 AM »

You don't have to play with the wires: press "Disconnect" and it will go offline. Press "Connect" and it will go back online. But keep in mind that once you pressed "Disconnect" it can no longer reconnect automatically, otherwise it would override the disconnect; it will only reconnect when you press the "Connect" button.

Marius.

But that doesn't work on mine. It WILL NOT reconnect without a launcher restart and it will not recognize the saber without pulling the cord out and plugging it back in. So some of us, at this point, DO have to play with the wires.

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2017, 03:09:30 AM »

I don't have to restart the launcher, but the wires are required to be played with.

GFX Jedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2017, 05:05:06 AM »

Great work! I really like the additions.

Obi Wan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2017, 07:17:55 PM »

I don't have to restart the launcher, but the wires are required to be played with.

Me too. Every time I write to the saber it auto-disconnects from the software when finished writing. Then, in order to reconnect to the software, I have found the only way I can do it is to unplug/re-plug the usb cable with the saber still running. I do not have to restart the software, but it seems "playing with the wires"  Cheesy has been the only way I have ever been able to achieve re-connection to the computer after writing to the saber. It's a relatively minor inconvenience but I have found it becomes annoying when I am making multiple changes to multiple different fonts during one session.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
   -The Force will be with you, alwaysl-

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2017, 07:45:13 PM »

I did have an issue reconnecting the saber after erasing a font that required me to reboot my computer (not the US software, but the OS).

DarkLegion
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2017, 09:12:11 PM »

My Computer has Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have updated my Ultrasaber launcher to Ultrsaber Launcher v2.4 I have connected one of my Diamond Lightsabers and added a few Fonts on to it. It has 16 font spaces on it now and I like the new controls, but when I try to Change a Color, adjust a color on the chart in the font wizard, or turn off a color LED my Ultrasaber Launcher crashes. I have uninstalled my Launcher and reinstalled. I have rebooted my computer. Everything else seems to work fine. It crashes when I do ANYTHING to change a color. This is in the advance Font Wizard. I have not used the new Express Wizard yet, but seems like you should beable to change the colors without it crashing. I have seen one other person having the same issue. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36378.0.

1. Scorpion-Obsidian -Red
2. Guardian-Obsidian Lite -G Blue
3. Emperor's Hand-Obsidian Lite -Orange
4. Electrum Wind-Diamond
5. Initiate LE v4-Stunt  - A Blue
6. Renagade LE-Diamond
7. Initiate LE v2-Stunt  -A Blue
8. Fulcrum-Diamond
9. Initiate LE v2-Stunt  -A Blue
10. Dark Mantis-Diamond
11. Dark Initiate LE v4-Stunt -Green
12. Dark WarGlave-Diamond
13. Dark Apprentice v4-Stunt -Red
14. The Malice-Diamond
15. Dark Initiate LE v2-Stunt -Green
16. The Dominix v2-Stunt -Green- -Summer Raffle 2017 4th place Prize
17. The Reaper-Diamond
18. Dark Apprentice LE v4-Stunt -Red

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2017, 10:16:25 PM »

Me too. Every time I write to the saber it auto-disconnects from the software when finished writing. Then, in order to reconnect to the software, I have found the only way I can do it is to unplug/re-plug the usb cable with the saber still running. I do not have to restart the software, but it seems "playing with the wires"  Cheesy has been the only way I have ever been able to achieve re-connection to the computer after writing to the saber. It's a relatively minor inconvenience but I have found it becomes annoying when I am making multiple changes to multiple different fonts during one session.

I also have this problem. This so far, is my biggest issue with the Diamond Controller.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Obi Wan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2017, 10:55:27 PM »

My Computer has Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have updated my Ultrasaber launcher to Ultrsaber Launcher v2.4 I have connected one of my Diamond Lightsabers and added a few Fonts on to it. It has 16 font spaces on it now and I like the new controls, but when I try to Change a Color, adjust a color on the chart in the font wizard, or turn off a color LED my Ultrasaber Launcher crashes. I have uninstalled my Launcher and reinstalled. I have rebooted my computer. Everything else seems to work fine. It crashes when I do ANYTHING to change a color. This is in the advance Font Wizard. I have not used the new Express Wizard yet, but seems like you should beable to change the colors without it crashing. I have seen one other person having the same issue. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36378.0.

I also have this problem. This so far, is my biggest issue with the Diamond Controller.

This is interesting. I wonder if this is a problem unique to Windows 7 machines? I have done a LOT of font creations with all kinds of crazy color changing and pulsing effects/gestures using the Diamond software over the past several months and it has never once crashed on my Windows 10 machine.

Has anybody had the launcher crash on their Windows 10 machine?

I wish I had some suggestions for you guys but I've just never experienced a crash with the Diamond software. I can imagine it would be very frustrating and make me rage like Kylo Ren when he was informed of Rey's escape.  Grin

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
   -The Force will be with you, alwaysl-

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2017, 11:02:25 PM »

Twice after the latest update but while I was doing two different things so I wasn't sure if it was the software or my PC.

DarkLegion
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2017, 12:10:54 AM »

This is interesting. I wonder if this is a problem unique to Windows 7 machines? I have done a LOT of font creations with all kinds of crazy color changing and pulsing effects/gestures using the Diamond software over the past several months and it has never once crashed on my Windows 10 machine.

I wish I had some suggestions for you guys but I've just never experienced a crash with the Diamond software. I can imagine it would be very frustrating and make me rage like Kylo Ren when he was informed of Rey's escape.  Grin

This problem only started after the up date. Before the update my
launcher worked fine.

1. Scorpion-Obsidian -Red
2. Guardian-Obsidian Lite -G Blue
3. Emperor's Hand-Obsidian Lite -Orange
4. Electrum Wind-Diamond
5. Initiate LE v4-Stunt  - A Blue
6. Renagade LE-Diamond
7. Initiate LE v2-Stunt  -A Blue
8. Fulcrum-Diamond
9. Initiate LE v2-Stunt  -A Blue
10. Dark Mantis-Diamond
11. Dark Initiate LE v4-Stunt -Green
12. Dark WarGlave-Diamond
13. Dark Apprentice v4-Stunt -Red
14. The Malice-Diamond
15. Dark Initiate LE v2-Stunt -Green
16. The Dominix v2-Stunt -Green- -Summer Raffle 2017 4th place Prize
17. The Reaper-Diamond
18. Dark Apprentice LE v4-Stunt -Red

cimredopyh
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2017, 02:04:57 AM »

I've had crashes as well and im on windows 10.  The problem is that its so random and not tied to doing anything in particular.  I've had it crash while changing colors, adding points, adding sounds. But all of it has one thing in common and that is it only crashes in advanced mode.  The express mode does not crash or at least i haven't had it crash on me. 

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2017, 05:29:29 AM »

I am running on Windows 10, I have yet to have my launcher crash on me since the update.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

DubTak
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 16

Aggressively Negotiating since 1986

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2017, 12:04:49 AM »

Quote from: RSX Engineering
P.S. A farewell note from Felicia:

"Enjoy your saber!"

Bye, Felicia!

I love the new font change set-up, though my friends will miss my annoyed expression every time Felicia came on  Grin.
Power down in 2s is great.
I had some issues updating the launcher, but I resolved them with an uninstall/reinstall and running everything in administrator mode (I've used Windows for long enough that doing that is like breathing to me)
Haven't messed with the new volume settings/express mode yet, but I appreciate more tools in my tool box!

Quote from: Obi Wan
4. I noticed that a font no longer fails to load if you have sound files with names longer than a certain number of characters. I had one stab sound with a really long file name to see what would happen and it loaded onto the saber no problem. However, the software did automatically truncate the name of the file to just the first 8 characters that were present in the file name. For me, this is not a big deal and it is certainly much better than crashing the board like before the update.

I am very excited by this bug fix, as I made a bet with my co-workers that I could make my Diamond saber oscillate through the rainbow while playing the Star Spangled Banner backwards and the sound files wouldn't load because of that bug. I didn't really put the pieces together until you just said that, but that should solve my puzzle of doing a patently ridiculous thing with my saber.

Also, and I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but there's a MANUAL now!  Grin Shocked Grin That....shouldn't excite me as much as it does, but I do love me my technical documentation.

Yours in the Force,
DubTak

Yours in the Force,
DubTak

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2017, 08:39:04 AM »

We are working on this issue and try to get it out of the way as soon as possible, including the re-connect after every effect/font write on the board.

As for the crashes some of you encountered while using the Launcher after the update, so far we couldn't determine (replicate) the exact cause (not enough data). An eventual fix (which pretty  much sums up what we recommended in previous posts) has been posted by DubTak http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36378.msg591937#msg591937

Looking forward for more feedback.

Cheers,

Adrian

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2017, 09:12:24 PM »

I'm thinking the crash I had might be somewhat self-induced.  I tried to create a font without a hum effect, one which would essentially only give the light and sound when the sword is moving (essentially a stealth font).  It...didn't work.  To say the least.  When I plugged it back in is when my launcher crashed.  I had to change the font on the saber in order for the launcher to recognize it again.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: