Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New Diamond Controller Software and Firware update!  (Read 4855 times)
Msears416
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 12, 2017, 10:25:53 PM »

Hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone else has had issues with the new updates?? I got everything loaded as instructed, but here are some of the problems i have encountered.

I am running Windows 10
1) I can no longer adjust the color profiles in the effects editor, as soon as i activate any of the color icons the program alerts me and tells me that there is an error and the diamond controller software is shutting down. I am able to add sound effects, just not a customized color profile.
2) i can no longer access the fonts menu from the lightsaber. As soon as i do the motion to access it, it immediately takes me to the gestures menu. I have tried unplugging the batteries to reset the board but that doesn't work. I can no longer chose between any of the other available fonts.

I am really hoping there is a bug fix that comes out soon, because i am now stuck on the font that it was on prior to the upgrade, also i do not want to reset the board as i may lose the custom fonts i have already made.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 10:32:09 PM »

For item 2, did you read the new manual?  Fonts menu is now accessed by doing a stabbing motion while holding down the button.  The manual is under the resources button under the main tab of the launcher.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Shakeyp
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:41:48 PM »

Another suggestion.
Have you tried running the program on the computer under windows XP within windows 10?
Some of my older programs and games I have to switch it to run under older windows versions.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me

DarkLegion
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:25:12 AM »

I updated my software to Firmware 240. I have connected one of my Diamond Lightsabers. The changes have been made to my lightsaber, but am I missing something?? My Ultrasaber Launcher is V2.19. under the main tab I don't see Resource wrote ANYWHERE. I see where someone says under the main tab if you click on resource you will get the menu for the new Diamond saber commands. I don't see it. Plus it says with Firmware 240 Your Diamond sabers can now have 16 fonts. Well under Font Wizard it still list only 10 fonts. Am I missing something. I read somewhere where you may need to uninstall your launcher and reinstall. I have done that. I also read where you may have to down load  MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO if you are using Windows 7.  I have done that. My Ultrasaber Launcher says v2.19. Connected Diamond Controller v1 Serial Number 16121649, Firmware version 240. What am I missing?

1. Scorpion-Obsidian -Red
2. Guardian-Obsidian Lite -G Blue
3. Emperor's Hand-Obsidian Lite -Orange
4. Electrum Wind-Diamond
5. Initiate LE v4-Stunt  - A Blue
6. Renagade LE-Diamond
7. Initiate LE v2-Stunt  -A Blue
8. Fulcrum-Diamond
9. Initiate LE v2-Stunt  -A Blue
10. Dark Mantis-Diamond
11. Dark Initiate LE v4-Stunt -Green
12. Dark WarGlave-Diamond
13. Dark Apprentice v4-Stunt -Red
14. The Malice-Diamond
15. Dark Initiate LE v2-Stunt -Green
16. The Dominix v2-Stunt -Green- -Summer Raffle 2017 4th place Prize
17. The Reaper-Diamond
18. Dark Apprentice LE v4-Stunt -Red

DarkLegion
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »

Ok i figured it out, but now when I change a color, move the points on the chart, or try to turn off one of the color LEDs my Ultrasaber Launcher v2.4 shuts down, it says Launcher has stopped working....everytime.

4. Electrum Wind-Diamond
6. Renagade LE-Diamond
8. Fulcrum-Diamond
10. Dark Mantis-Diamond
14. The Malice-Diamond
17. The Reaper-Diamond

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »

I updated my software to Firmware 240. I have connected one of my Diamond Lightsabers. The changes have been made to my lightsaber, but am I missing something?? My Ultrasaber Launcher is V2.19. under the main tab I don't see Resource wrote ANYWHERE. I see where someone says under the main tab if you click on resource you will get the menu for the new Diamond saber commands. I don't see it. Plus it says with Firmware 240 Your Diamond sabers can now have 16 fonts. Well under Font Wizard it still list only 10 fonts. Am I missing something. I read somewhere where you may need to uninstall your launcher and reinstall. I have done that. I also read where you may have to down load  MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO if you are using Windows 7.  I have done that. My Ultrasaber Launcher says v2.19. Connected Diamond Controller v1 Serial Number 16121649, Firmware version 240. What am I missing?

We'll look into it.

Cheers,
Adrian

DarkLegion
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 02:32:22 PM »

I figured out what I didn't do on the update, but now when I try changing my Diamond Lightsaber's colors on the chart or try to turn off one of the 4 LEDS The Ultrasaber Launcher crashes.

4. Electrum Wind-Diamond
6. Renagade LE-Diamond
8. Fulcrum-Diamond
10. Dark Mantis-Diamond
14. The Malice-Diamond
17. The Reaper-Diamond

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 03:44:00 PM »

Have you rebooted your computer?

DarkLegion
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »

Rebooting my PC does not work. The guy in the first post on this page is having the same issues.

4. Electrum Wind-Diamond
6. Renagade LE-Diamond
8. Fulcrum-Diamond
10. Dark Mantis-Diamond
14. The Malice-Diamond
17. The Reaper-Diamond

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 08:01:31 PM »

I updated my software to Firmware 240. I have connected one of my Diamond Lightsabers. The changes have been made to my lightsaber, but am I missing something?? My Ultrasaber Launcher is V2.19. under the main tab I don't see Resource wrote ANYWHERE. I see where someone says under the main tab if you click on resource you will get the menu for the new Diamond saber commands. I don't see it. Plus it says with Firmware 240 Your Diamond sabers can now have 16 fonts. Well under Font Wizard it still list only 10 fonts. Am I missing something. I read somewhere where you may need to uninstall your launcher and reinstall. I have done that. I also read where you may have to down load  MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO if you are using Windows 7.  I have done that. My Ultrasaber Launcher says v2.19. Connected Diamond Controller v1 Serial Number 16121649, Firmware version 240. What am I missing?

Update the Launcher software to v2.40 via the Maintenance Tool, then you have the Resources section, too. For anything else I would wait for RSX to check the issue and see if they come up with a solution. Maybe it's just crashing because it's not the latest version, but only RSX can tell you for sure.

Actually, that's what you should have done before updating the firmware. The Launcher has a banner on the lower part where that information showed up....at least this was the case on my launcher.

And here's the official statement by RSX: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35807.msg590814#msg590814

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

DarkLegion
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »

If you had read the other replys on here you will see I figured out what I didn't do on the Update. -SINCE THE UP DATE-.............I CAN NOT CHANGE COLORS OR ADJUST COLORS ON MY DIAMOND LIGHTSABERS WITHOUT THE NEW ULTRASABERS LAUNCHER CRASHING. THE GUY IN THE FIRST POST ON THIS PAGE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. Does no one else own a Diamond Lightsaber? If you do then try the new launcher and see if it works.

4. Electrum Wind-Diamond
6. Renagade LE-Diamond
8. Fulcrum-Diamond
10. Dark Mantis-Diamond
14. The Malice-Diamond
17. The Reaper-Diamond

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 09:18:24 PM »

I read the other posts, yes. And thus I was just assuming that the issues you have are related to the fact that you did the firmware upgrade before the software update. This does NOT mean I definitely KNOW that it has something to do with it or that I blame you for being responsible for that issue! It's a mere assumption from the information yo gave us.

The OP has the same problem, yes, but he didn't provide that much information on what he did exactly before the problem occured like you did, so I can just assume it has something to do with the procedure. If the same problem occurs with other users, even with the right upgrade procedure, then there's definitely a software issue and not related to what you did.

It was never meant to be offendig or insulting. Just trying to help and narrow down what can cause that. But here we really need to wait what RSX finds out - or what other users post here.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

DubTak
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 16

Aggressively Negotiating since 1986

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 11:27:23 PM »

Hello,

I had a similar issue (Launcher crashing when I changed RGB value) and was able to fix it:

First, I noticed that the maintenance tool did not have access to certain folders, even though it was run in administrator mode.
I deduced, through some trial and error, that not only does the maintenance tool need to be run in administrator mode for the update, it also needed to be in admin mode for the initial install.
With that it mind:

0) Backup all of your fonts to a directory that isn't the UltraSabers install directory, if you haven't already
1) Use the maintenance tool to uninstall the launcher.
2) Reinstall the launcher (v2.19), running the installer in administrator mode.
3) Set the launcher to always launch in admin mode (right-click launcher, go to Properties, under Compatability tab, and make sure to click 'Change Settings for All Users' before you check the 'Run as Administrator' box)
4) Launch the launcher (in admin mode, as discussed above)
5) Plug in your saber and wait for it to connect (I'm not sure how necessary this step is, but better safe than sorry)
6) Run the maintenance tool (in admin mode) and select Upgrade, then start the upgrade.
7) If the launcher is still running, close out of it and relaunch (in admin mode, I sound like a broken record here)
Cool The launcher should work normally at this point. If not, wait for word back from UltraSabers on a fix.

Hope that helps.

Yours in the Force,
DubTak

Yours in the Force,
DubTak

DubTak
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 16

Aggressively Negotiating since 1986

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 11:50:13 PM »

That smiley is supposed to be 8 ) but putting those together makes Cool.

Yours in the Force,
DubTak

Yours in the Force,
DubTak

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:40 PM »

LOL!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up