Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Titanfall - A review: Because why not?  (Read 1369 times)
The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« on: March 17, 2014, 10:37:34 PM »

So, I just played Titanfall... For about 4 hours. xD

Its so good! Its good, intense fun. Its not comparable to COD (bleh, COD) Or Halo or any other FPS/game out there. Its something genuinely new, which is something we seem to be seeing less and less of recently.

I've got it on Xbox One, and the game runs perfectly, framerate is good, I had a tiny bit of drop, but a TINY bit, and that was all. There's been NO issues with online, like for GTA V (shudders) and nobody, so far at least, is too good for beginners, a problem that's rife on COD/Battlefield or (But to a much lesser extent) on Halo and the like. You always feel equal to other players. Partly due to the AI grunts and Spectres, but also the way the game is balanced between Titans and Pilots, and the way you play. The levelling system is also easy to start, allowing many different ways to gain XP in modes like Hardpoint Domination and Attrition. There's always a different way to do well. There's a good, but not overpowering, selection of weapons and extra stuff, and the custom loadouts allow you to add a personal touch.

All-in-all, If you're debating whether to get it (on PC or Xbox One) then I would strongly advise you to buy it. Its just awesome! And If you're on Xbox 360, Then I'd say get it when it comes out on that (28th March in the UK).

Anyone else got it? What are your thoughts? Smiley

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

legion91
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

Jedi Shadow

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 06:26:27 PM »

I was originally planning on buying it for the 360 and wait for the Xbox One to go down in price, but after seeing all the awesome reviews and trailers
I decided to take the plunge and get it bundled with an Xbox one. The critics said it was "You will buy an Xbox One for Titanfall, and you should." They
were right on that account!

I love how smooth the game play is. The balancing between Titan/pilot combat is incredibly well done. The action is intense and fast paced with a lot of "running and gunning" enhanced by the parkour pilots. The weapons are well designed to allow any one to jump in the game and have fun even if they've
never played a FPS before. And I really appreciate the amount of customization in ordnance, kits, tactical ability, and burn cards allowing for unique  style of play for anyone.

All in all I give it a 10/10

Light side points

"These Jedi became what their name suggests; shadows of themselves and the Jedi Order."

-Overlord Staff-

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 06:39:49 PM »

All in all I give it a 10/10

Same here, Its an amazing game! How long you been playing for? Smiley

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS

-

Ander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 56

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:45:41 PM »

I play it. It's really fun! Very dynamic. But I have more success with mechs than with pilots.

Andrea Ungaro | Ander
LudoSport form I, II, III instructor

Dean - LudoSport Alpha - Ordine delle Onde
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lscagenova/

Why you should not learn fighting on Youtube: https://goo.gl/mhh9Ns

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:52:49 PM »

Its the opposite for me, I prefer running around on the ground, ducking through doorways and the like. Mechs are still awesome though. Cheesy

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS

-

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: