Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652972 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2016, 05:43:56 PM »

Yeah like Landen said you need a full Rebel squad.  But the Empire Assault Event is WICKED rare compared to the Yoda event.

Empire Assualt has only happened once and they said it will be extremely rare.

The key to Lando is to get him to 7*, at least Gear IX and max Level.  Also - use all Crit Chance mods on him to raise his possibility of scoring a Critical Hit.

If you use his Double Down area attack - if you score more than 1 critical hit, the cooldown on it resets and the next time you use it - you deal 100% more damage than the last time.

Imagine doing that 3 times in a row!  It snowballs!

We're talking massive damage.

The key to this game is carefully reading the details of each & every Ability of all the characters you own.

Understanding them completely allows you to use them to their fullest potential and makes a HUGE difference in your game.

Yes, Lando's special is really fun when used properly. Quick question, is a kill automatically a critical hit? 2 kills = automatic reset?

@ kewlkev and Landen, that's what I thought, thanks for confirming.

I checked out Grevious' attacks and abilities last week. He looks really awesome.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2016, 06:36:42 PM »

I just got to Player Level 84.

It cost me 342K Credits just to up Anakin from 83 to 84.

Yep - you read that right.  Sad

It gets REAL expensive to level up characters when you get up there.  That's why I was encouraging everyone to get a Scoundrel team together so you can do the weekly Credit Heist Event.  It becomes critical!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #332 on: November 25, 2016, 06:39:29 PM »

Working on Greedo. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #333 on: November 25, 2016, 10:58:49 PM »

I just got to Player Level 84.

It cost me 342K Credits just to up Anakin from 83 to 84.

Yep - you read that right.  Sad

It gets REAL expensive to level up characters when you get up there.  That's why I was encouraging everyone to get a Scoundrel team together so you can do the weekly Credit Heist Event.  It becomes critical!

I currently have 7M credits, with nothing to use them on. Ah well, I'll be happy for them someday. I wish you could buy shards with them, maybe at 100K per shard could work.  Undecided

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #334 on: November 25, 2016, 11:04:22 PM »

I currently have 7M credits, with nothing to use them on. Ah well, I'll be happy for them someday. I wish you could buy shards with them, maybe at 100K per shard could work.  Undecided

I had a day like that about the same level you did. I now have about 50K. You will use them when you get players up to high levels, mods, stars, etc. Hold them.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2016, 12:35:46 AM »

As far as the events go:

For Yoda event you want 5 Jedi that are at least 5* and preferably 7* if you wanna finish him up.  He is definitely worth it.  His ability to gain foresight and then buff the whole team with it is HUGE.  Plus he can stun now as long as the enemy has even a sliver of health missing.  If you have him on a team with QGJ as lead he's so wicked fast.  He can often take 2 turns in a round if you use his basic first to gain a chunk of turn meter, then you can go again.

As for the Emperor event, getting a 5 man 5* Rebel team is key, but go for 7* and don't stop until you do.  This event is so rare you MUST be prepared if you want him.  Ackbar is important because he can clear debuffs from the Emperor and use them to heal the team.  Lando is also helpful for his wicked stacking AOE ability that he can use every round as long as you get the crits.  Also he's a Scoundrel so he works well in other circumstances.

Yes, Lando's special is really fun when used properly. Quick question, is a kill automatically a critical hit? 2 kills = automatic reset?

No, a crit must be a crit.  You have to see the yellow numbers.  A crit can kill and then it counts, but the hits have to be crits, and it needs to be two.

Also unlocked Bistan.  Working on the other guy to get his U wing.  Any thoughts on how useful Bistan is?  He gives me my 5th rebel, which is good, but I'm working on getting others (Luke, Leia, Han, etc.). Is he worth leveling for use in a squad or just keep him around for his ship?

Also, I know Grevious is a chore to get, but is he worth it?

Keep in mind that a strong character makes a strong ship, so you have to invest in both.  Having his ship won't do you a lot of good if the character isn't built up.  Not sure so far if he's that good to be worth investing in. Right now Ackbar, Biggs, Wedge, Lando, and Leia are some of the most wicked Rebel toons.

Grevious is a huge pain to get, but I believe when he unlocks, he unlocks at 5* or 6* so he's up there already.  He can hit like a freight train.  Put in a team with HK lead because HK is the best leader for a droid team, then Grievous as well as 86 and 88 and put in Jawa Engineer and you'll have a team that wrecks faces and is hard to keep dead.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2016, 02:02:45 AM »

Send me an ally request Krace!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2016, 03:12:43 AM »

I had a day like that about the same level you did. I now have about 50K. You will use them when you get players up to high levels, mods, stars, etc. Hold them.

I currently buy all the gear pieces from the regular shipments. Normally half I need now, and I hope I'll be happy to have the others someday.

@Krace, thanks for the critical (Cheesy) info.

Send me an ally request Krace!

He said that he's full, but if he gets openings he'll come here.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2016, 07:20:38 AM »

promoted Ewok Scout, Jedi Councelor. 5 shards for Sun Fac

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2016, 04:36:14 PM »

Hey all, here's some good informational stuff for you.

This guy makes pretty good informational/instructional videos, including a 5 part video series on the new ships expansion, and is sponsored by EA so he gets some inside scoops:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJpX9j3jZP5h6y-qMA_I5-Q

This site is a great SWGoH database and also doesn't flag as "video games" on most work internet filters if you happen to do your browsing there:
https://swgoh.gg/

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #340 on: November 26, 2016, 05:08:17 PM »

gotta work Mace & Ackbar up for ships myself. Biggs too.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »

Everybody should get boba fett.  He gets self-revives, double attacks, damage over time, can deny revives on the other team, ability block, can ignore taunts, and he's a pilot.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2016, 10:10:58 PM »

Everybody should get boba fett.  He gets self-revives, double attacks, damage over time, can deny revives on the other team, ability block, can ignore taunts, and he's a pilot.

I borrow yours whenever I can, he is amazing.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2016, 10:49:23 PM »

I borrow yours whenever I can, he is amazing.

I really want to be able to run a full mando team.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #344 on: November 26, 2016, 11:02:06 PM »

I really want to be able to run a full mando team.

Is there that many mandos in the game?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: