Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652966 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #555 on: December 10, 2016, 05:10:36 PM »

just got Wedge! 2 shards for Lobot.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #556 on: December 10, 2016, 11:37:56 PM »

Not cool.  Tongue

But how do they work? Is it like all the others when it's 400 of something for 5 shards? How many days would I need to get 33 Wedge shards?

Yes, it's the same.  You get 5 shards for 400 ship tokens.  How many days would depend how many tokens you got.  I usually am in the 100-200 bracket and make 1200 a day, so that'd be 3 shard buys for a total of 15 shards.  The other deal is that the shop doesn't always have the same shards, it rotates around.  So some days you might see Wedge in there 2 or 3 times, some days you might only see him in there once.  It really wouldn't be too hard to get 33 shards if he was in there 2-3 times a day.  It'd only be 3-4 days.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #557 on: December 11, 2016, 01:06:11 AM »

Yes, it's the same.  You get 5 shards for 400 ship tokens.  How many days would depend how many tokens you got.  I usually am in the 100-200 bracket and make 1200 a day, so that'd be 3 shard buys for a total of 15 shards.  The other deal is that the shop doesn't always have the same shards, it rotates around.  So some days you might see Wedge in there 2 or 3 times, some days you might only see him in there once.  It really wouldn't be too hard to get 33 shards if he was in there 2-3 times a day.  It'd only be 3-4 days.

That's good news. Wiggs is by far the most effective Rebel thing I have. I'm also working getting Biggs to 6*. So if I can get Jyn, I think I'm good to go.

I have way to much hope in that event.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #558 on: December 11, 2016, 02:35:52 AM »

Ok, I need an opinion on Kylo please.  I'm running into him more and more in Galactic War and he's ... annoying.  Worth getting?  The only real upside I see to him is his First Order synergy with Phantasmic.

Also, regarding Dooku's turn meter boost when he attacks out of turn, does his bonus attack count as out of turn, or just his counter and any time he gets called to assist? And I wish he had life steal....

Unrelated, this occurred to me, and I'm going to have to try it in a raid: Phasma leading, Biggs does his special, calling Wedge to assist, and Leia assists, getting three shots off, and Dooku assists (due to Phasma) and hits twice, all after Phasma has given everyone Advantage.... Yes, that requires all specials go off to their full abilities, but it is possible....

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #559 on: December 11, 2016, 03:16:19 AM »

Ok, I need an opinion on Kylo please.  I'm running into him more and more in Galactic War and he's ... annoying.  Worth getting?  The only real upside I see to him is his First Order synergy with Phantasmic.

Also, regarding Dooku's turn meter boost when he attacks out of turn, does his bonus attack count as out of turn, or just his counter and any time he gets called to assist? And I wish he had life steal....

Unrelated, this occurred to me, and I'm going to have to try it in a raid: Phasma leading, Biggs does his special, calling Wedge to assist, and Leia assists, getting three shots off, and Dooku assists (due to Phasma) and hits twice, all after Phasma has given everyone Advantage.... Yes, that requires all specials go off to their full abilities, but it is possible....
Kylo ren is junk.

Dooku if you choose his basic attack and he gets the bonus it doesn't count as out of turn. If he attacks and you don't click the button it counts. One time he countered and defeated a full health(before protection) level 75 fives gear 9. He got 23 bonus attacks. He has no limit. You see here's how it works;

attack 1: 50%
bonus attack: 5%
Bonus attack 2: 50%
Bonus attack 3: 50%
Bonus attack 4: 5%

The percent is his bonus attack chance. He has no limits on this. Also some times he just randomly attacks a random character. Also he can't counter attack a counter attack. He's on my list of ASAP characters right now Palp comes first so I need wedge at five stars. After that I'm gonna live at dooku's cantina battle. He's in the top 8 list of silliness

#1  Wiggs
#2  Cody
#3  Vader
#4  Rey
#5  Dooku
#6  Yoda
#7  Yoda
#8  Yoda

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #560 on: December 11, 2016, 03:39:38 AM »

I now have Wedge, Biggs, Lando, and Ackbar at Gear 6. Should be able to upgrade them all once more before the 23rd. It's crazy how much harder the upgrade to 7 is than 6.

Please please please please let me get Jyn at 5*. That's all I ask GoH, that's all I ask.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #561 on: December 11, 2016, 06:12:44 AM »

I now have Wedge, Biggs, Lando, and Ackbar at Gear 6. Should be able to upgrade them all once more before the 23rd. It's crazy how much harder the upgrade to 7 is than 6.

Please please please please let me get Jyn at 5*. That's all I ask GoH, that's all I ask.

No, crazy is when you have multiple characters who all need the same thing that took a week to get.  I'm sure Grewowl, Canterbury, and Krace all know this pain much more than I do.

@Grewowl, thanks for the info.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #562 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:13 AM »

No, crazy is when you have multiple characters who all need the same thing that took a week to get.  I'm sure Grewowl, Canterbury, and Krace all know this pain much more than I do.

@Grewowl, thanks for the info.

Yeah, I'm starting to get that too.  Sad

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #563 on: December 11, 2016, 06:36:28 AM »

Lobot is mine, 2 shards for Asoka 4*

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #564 on: December 11, 2016, 03:04:36 PM »

My new, usual strategy for GW node 12 seems to be as follows:

1. Send in my D team to use up all the other team's special attacks...and get killed.
2. Send in my C team to soften up one of their characters...and get killed.
3. Send in my B team to finish the first character that I just softened up, hopefully soften another...and get killed.
5. Send in my A team to finish off the second character, take out 1 or 2 more...and get killed.
6. Send in everyone else and pray they can gang up enough to take out the last 1 or 2.

Of course, that's really not my strategy, but that's how it seems to be going right now.

Oy vey!!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #565 on: December 11, 2016, 04:13:20 PM »

Yeah, I'm starting to get that too.  Sad

Yeah, you all have NO idea.  There are certain ones, complicated ones, that you start needing at Gear 7 and you need them for 8, 9, 10, and it's that way for multiple characters.  Then there are others that you need for some characters you need them as a single part that takes 20(Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projector) or even 50(Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe) to put together and they need that for 1 slot, or you need both of those completed plus another 50 parts of something else to complete the whole gear.  The worst one in the game IMO is the Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace.  It takes both those previous parts plus 50 CEC FF Salvage.  I have more than a dozen toons that need this gear right now, and some of those toons also need one of the first 2 parts that go into the completed thing.  A lot of good toons require at least 1 Furnace as they go from Gear 7, 8, 9, etc.  I've had some that needed a Furnace every level.  I usually buy the Holo Projector every time I see it in Shipments.  One of the other worst ones is the Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs.  Takes 50 to make and I have a dozen toons that need at least 1, and some of them need two, just in ONE gear level.  *Gives Greedo a hateful stare*  There's also a more advanced part that combines the Stun Cuffs and something else.  So needless to say, if you think getting into Gear 7 is bad, just wait until Gear 8 and beyond.   Tongue

My new, usual strategy for GW node 12 seems to be as follows:

1. Send in my D team to use up all the other team's special attacks...and get killed.
2. Send in my C team to soften up one of their characters...and get killed.
3. Send in my B team to finish the first character that I just softened up, hopefully soften another...and get killed.
5. Send in my A team to finish off the second character, take out 1 or 2 more...and get killed.
6. Send in everyone else and pray they can gang up enough to take out the last 1 or 2.

Of course, that's really not my strategy, but that's how it seems to be going right now.

Oy vey!!

Hate to tell you this, but once you cross into the 80 bracket, you sometimes have to do something like this for GW 6, 9, 10, 11, and/or 12.  It's not always all of those, but usually at least 2 or 3 of them are rough, and GW 12 sometimes just unbeatable because you just don't have enough left.  Hell, even 11 can be like that sometimes if 6, 9, and 10 have worn you down. 

My strategy is usually similar to such:

1. Send in a trash team of toons lvl 20-40 to eat up first round specials.
2. Send in an OK team to soften up the group and whittle down a key toon and hopefully kill it.
3. Send in my main squad to clean up.

Sometimes I need another squad to soften up the group more, but since my A squad is gotten maxed out I've had to do this less.  I just hate having to do it 3-4 times over the GW journey and then usually not be able to finish.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #566 on: December 11, 2016, 04:22:24 PM »

Yeah, Krace, I knew it was coming before I hit 80.

The problem with where I'm at, is that my garbage characters don't even all survive wrought to take out all the special turns. I do t have a lot of middle ground.  Most are either level 60+ or level 1.

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #567 on: December 11, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »

same, Asoka will get me thru L4 Yoda event at least. Wedge 15 shards to 5*

who's scruffy looking?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #568 on: December 11, 2016, 04:49:22 PM »

Yeah, Krace, I knew it was coming before I hit 80.

The problem with where I'm at, is that my garbage characters don't even all survive wrought to take out all the special turns. I do t have a lot of middle ground.  Most are either level 60+ or level 1.

Yeah, see I found that it's usually pretty cheap to move a toon to it's 20's or 30's, plus then you can throw gear on them and make them a little tougher.  Usually it's just enough to make them stand up against that first barrage.

same, Asoka will get me thru L4 Yoda event at least. Wedge 15 shards to 5*

Push as hard as you can to try and get Ahsoka to 5* if you are needing that 5th 5* Jedi so you can do Tier 5 Yoda, then at least you can unlock him.  He and the Emperor are the same where you have to get to Tier 5 to unlock.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #569 on: December 11, 2016, 05:44:10 PM »

Yeah, see I found that it's usually pretty cheap to move a toon to it's 20's or 30's, plus then you can throw gear on them and make them a little tougher.  Usually it's just enough to make them stand up against that first barrage.

Push as hard as you can to try and get Ahsoka to 5* if you are needing that 5th 5* Jedi so you can do Tier 5 Yoda, then at least you can unlock him.  He and the Emperor are the same where you have to get to Tier 5 to unlock.

It most definitely is easier to upgrade those lower characters, however, right after I got 7* Yoda, I put all my resources to Rebels, just in case there was an EP event. It's just the strategy I've been taking with my limited resources.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: