Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653040 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #570 on: December 11, 2016, 07:55:48 PM »

You know what's fun? Ackbar's Tactical Genius and then Lando's Double Down. . . twice. Especially awesome when there's still 5 enemies left.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #571 on: December 11, 2016, 11:26:41 PM »

Just activated Wedge, and I have him almost at gear level VII already.

250 more shards, some more gear, and some high powered mods, and I'll be able to deliver some beat downs of epic proportions.

Then I'll unlock and max out Anakin, I'll continue to upgrade Rey, I'll figure out a good 5th slot character, and I'll have an arena team that will scare the milk out of some moofs. Man, I'm still so far away!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #572 on: December 11, 2016, 11:48:35 PM »

You know what's fun? Ackbar's Tactical Genius and then Lando's Double Down. . . twice. Especially awesome when there's still 5 enemies left.

Double Down is frelling brutal.  Imagine if Lando already did DD before Ackbar's turn and got crits, then got Ackbar's buff and he's doing 100% more damage, then doing it again with 100% more damage.  It snowballs so fast it's not even funny.

I just unlocked Lando today and I've now got him 4* at level 40 and at Gear 5.  I will build him quickly so I can put him into my Rebel squad.  Not that I need him for Emperor, but I want to use him ASAP.

Also I had a very good day with ships.  I got Wedge's X-wing, Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter, and Clone Sergeant's ARC to 4* today.  Very pumped about all that.

My ship squad now consists of 4* Home One for leader, 4* Consular, Ahsoka, Slave I, Biggs, and Wedge.  Then I have Clone and Res X-wing at 4* for backup.  Cheesy

Edit:  Haha!  The forum changed F..king to frelling.  Yay for Farscape curses!

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #573 on: December 11, 2016, 11:54:58 PM »

Double Down is frelling brutal.  Imagine if Lando already did DD before Ackbar's turn and got crits, then got Ackbar's buff and he's doing 100% more damage, then doing it again with 100% more damage.  It snowballs so fast it's not even funny.

I just unlocked Lando today and I've now got him 4* at level 40 and at Gear 5.  I will build him quickly so I can put him into my Rebel squad.  Not that I need him for Emperor, but I want to use him ASAP.

Also I had a very good day with ships.  I got Wedge's X-wing, Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter, and Clone Sergeant's ARC to 4* today.  Very pumped about all that.

My ship squad now consists of 4* Home One for leader, 4* Consular, Ahsoka, Slave I, Biggs, and Wedge.  Then I have Clone and Res X-wing at 4* for backup.  Cheesy

Edit:  Haha!  The forum changed F..king to frelling.  Yay for Farscape curses!

My DD only does 75% more damage on next use, but still pretty good. I'll race you getting Lando to 5*.

Nice. I unlock Ships in one level.  Angry

Just activated Wedge, and I have him almost at gear level VII already.

250 more shards, some more gear, and some high powered mods, and I'll be able to deliver some beat downs of epic proportions.

Then I'll unlock and max out Anakin, I'll continue to upgrade Rey, I'll figure out a good 5th slot character, and I'll have an arena team that will scare the milk out of some moofs. Man, I'm still so far away!

Have fun watching enemies fall with Biggs' special. They'd beg for mercy if they could.

I feel you. I can't wait until I have an awesome Rebel team to try out in the Arena. But Lumi, Wiggs, Sidious, and RG can hold their own, despite lack of synergies.

I wish I could gear up characters that fast. It usually takes a few days for me to get one character from VI to VII. And then there's another character who needs the same gear that requires 20 parts to craft. And then another.  Angry   I wish guild requests were reliable.  Cry

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #574 on: December 11, 2016, 11:55:41 PM »

Qui Gon 3* now. Asoka to 4* later.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #575 on: December 12, 2016, 12:18:39 AM »

No, crazy is when you have multiple characters who all need the same thing that took a week to get.  I'm sure Grewowl, Canterbury, and Krace all know this pain much more than I do.

@Grewowl, thanks for the info.

Haha . . . wait until you really get to the upper levels.

To try and make us spend money - they made darn near everyone need a MK 5 Furnace (very hard to come by) in order to get from G8 to G9.

I've had a perpetual bottleneck of 12+ toons for ages waiting their turn.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #576 on: December 12, 2016, 12:21:59 AM »

To try and make us spend money - they made darn near everyone need a MK 5 Furnace (very hard to come by) in order to get from G8 to G9.

That's where I'm at with a lot of my characters, too. I feel like I went Oprah on my roster. You get gear 8! You get gear 8! Everyone gets gear 8! Gear 9, don't be ridiculous. No ok gets that.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #577 on: December 12, 2016, 01:14:30 AM »

That's where I'm at with a lot of my characters, too. I feel like I went Oprah on my roster. You get gear 8! You get gear 8! Everyone gets gear 8! Gear 9, don't be ridiculous. No ok gets that.

Patience my friend, patience.

AAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH I NEED MORE GEAR!!!!!!!!

Roll Eyes

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #578 on: December 12, 2016, 01:26:21 AM »

My DD only does 75% more damage on next use, but still pretty good. I'll race you getting Lando to 5*.

We shall see since I just got him unlocked.  I usually can farm about 5 shards a day, sometimes a little more if I'm having a good day.

Heh, yeah I already went on a tirade at the end of the previous page about those damn Mk 5 Furnaces.

Mmhmm...  Gear 7 or Gear 8 is about where the express train stops.  From there on out it's like crawling on your belly.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #579 on: December 12, 2016, 01:35:43 AM »

We shall see since I just got him unlocked.  I usually can farm about 5 shards a day, sometimes a little more if I'm having a good day.

Mmhmm...  Gear 7 or Gear 8 is about where the express train stops.  From there on out it's like crawling on your belly.

I'm 20/65. Took 3 days for that.

I'm getting close to Gear 7 on Ackbar.

I wish the darn game wasn't energy based. Now it has me spending my hard earned Crystals on energy refreshes in an attempt to get all my Rebels to Gear 7. And then if I get Jyn, she has to start way back at the beginning.

I'm actually thinking of "breaking" my F2P on crystals. But I'll wait and see if it's the only chance I have before I do that. Palpatine may deserve an exception.  Undecided

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #580 on: December 12, 2016, 02:09:57 AM »

I'm getting close to Gear 7 on Ackbar.

I wish the darn game wasn't energy based. Now it has me spending my hard earned Crystals on energy refreshes in an attempt to get all my Rebels to Gear 7. And then if I get Jyn, she has to start way back at the beginning.

I'm actually thinking of "breaking" my F2P on crystals. But I'll wait and see if it's the only chance I have before I do that. Palpatine may deserve an exception.  Undecided
Don't buy chromium packs unless you can buy a grip-load of em. I've only bought one 8-pack and I got 3 characters. Cody, Jedi Knight Guardian, Jedi Knight Guardian and two shard sets for Jedi Knight Guardian. That's why mine is at 4*. I nearly quit after that. But I'm back and I'm doing awesome. The first hour of being back I got Zam to 4*, Dooku to gear 8, bistan to gear 5, gamorrean to 4*, and a whole ton of other stuff. I am almost finished with my 5* star rebel team together. Halfway to getting ig-88 to 5*

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #581 on: December 12, 2016, 02:14:56 AM »

Almost halfway to unlocking Darth Maul. So psyched he is in Fleet Shipments now.

Yes - I know, what EA did to him is criminal.

He starts Slow as molasses and has no durability (pretty sure he actually dies just if one of his own allies farts in his general direction) but . . . it's DARTH MAUL!!!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #582 on: December 12, 2016, 02:19:00 AM »

Heh, I have some catching up to do then.  I'm at like 4/65.

Energy refreshes and everything else that needs crystals is how they make their money.

I decided to give up on F2P a while ago.  There have been a couple things I bought, but not regularly at all.  I believe I bought like 2 of the little inexpensive starter packs, 1 LS and 1 DS, and I bought like 2 of the bigger packages on one thing or another.  I really try not to buy those.  The only thing I do regularly is the daily crystal pack satchel.  It's like $10.99 and you get 100 crystals a day for like 22 days(including the day you buy it).  It is the "best value" as far as getting crystals per buck(200 crystals per $1).  Getting that 100 per day helps keep me from blowing a bunch of crystals on something big, and helps offset the fact that I spend 50 x2 pretty much every day for 2 energy refreshes on regular energy.  Only day I spend crystals on Cantina energy is today/tomorrow since it's the Guild activity.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #583 on: December 12, 2016, 04:49:42 AM »

Don't buy chromium packs unless you can buy a grip-load of em. I've only bought one 8-pack and I got 3 characters. Cody, Jedi Knight Guardian, Jedi Knight Guardian and two shard sets for Jedi Knight Guardian. That's why mine is at 4*. I nearly quit after that. But I'm back and I'm doing awesome. The first hour of being back I got Zam to 4*, Dooku to gear 8, bistan to gear 5, gamorrean to 4*, and a whole ton of other stuff. I am almost finished with my 5* star rebel team together. Halfway to getting ig-88 to 5*

I've purchased two of the 8-packs. First one got me Wedge and some 2* toon I forget. 2nd one got me Geonosian Spy. So, 1/3 were good.

Almost halfway to unlocking Darth Maul. So psyched he is in Fleet Shipments now.

Yes - I know, what EA did to him is criminal.

He starts Slow as molasses and has no durability (pretty sure he actually dies just if one of his own allies farts in his general direction) but . . . it's DARTH MAUL!!!

I unsuccessfully tried to smother my laughter in a room with other people when I read this! -1 for sure  Cheesy

I do agree. Maul would be awesome to have. He'd be especially deadly against Jedi teams. I think both of his attacks deal double damage to them.

Heh, I have some catching up to do then.  I'm at like 4/65.

Energy refreshes and everything else that needs crystals is how they make their money.

I decided to give up on F2P a while ago.  There have been a couple things I bought, but not regularly at all.  I believe I bought like 2 of the little inexpensive starter packs, 1 LS and 1 DS, and I bought like 2 of the bigger packages on one thing or another.  I really try not to buy those.  The only thing I do regularly is the daily crystal pack satchel.  It's like $10.99 and you get 100 crystals a day for like 22 days(including the day you buy it).  It is the "best value" as far as getting crystals per buck(200 crystals per $1).  Getting that 100 per day helps keep me from blowing a bunch of crystals on something big, and helps offset the fact that I spend 50 x2 pretty much every day for 2 energy refreshes on regular energy.  Only day I spend crystals on Cantina energy is today/tomorrow since it's the Guild activity.

I haven't seen that daily crystal thing, but its not like I've looked. I would guess that they get the impatient people with the in app purchases. I have been making good progress going 100% F2P so far. I suppose it gets even more frustrating when you get to the dreaded Gear that everyone needs.

Vader is now Gear 6 and halfway to 7. I'll finish that when I'm satisfied with the state of my Rebels. I didn't do it on purpose, but I somehow came across the Gear to finish 6, except for those stun cuffs that I seem to need every second Gear piece. Two sim tickets, upgrade, and then carefully examine the new available Gear go make sure it doesn't contain anything my Rebels need.  Tongue

-----

@Rapine, I saw that you got Boba! He should be a big help. I'm 121 cantina credits from unlocking him too. Smiley

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #584 on: December 12, 2016, 05:28:52 AM »

I've purchased two of the 8-packs. First one got me Wedge and some 2* toon I forget. 2nd one got me Geonosian Spy. So, 1/3 were good.

I unsuccessfully tried to smother my laughter in a room with other people when I read this! -1 for sure  Cheesy

I do agree. Maul would be awesome to have. He'd be especially deadly against Jedi teams. I think both of his attacks deal double damage to them.

I haven't seen that daily crystal thing, but its not like I've looked. I would guess that they get the impatient people with the in app purchases. I have been making good progress going 100% F2P so far. I suppose it gets even more frustrating when you get to the dreaded Gear that everyone needs.

Vader is now Gear 6 and halfway to 7. I'll finish that when I'm satisfied with the state of my Rebels. I didn't do it on purpose, but I somehow came across the Gear to finish 6, except for those stun cuffs that I seem to need every second Gear piece. Two sim tickets, upgrade, and then carefully examine the new available Gear go make sure it doesn't contain anything my Rebels need.  Tongue

-----

@Rapine, I saw that you got Boba! He should be a big help. I'm 121 cantina credits from unlocking him too. Smiley

Wait, Wait Wait!!! Back up a sec, you got the geo spy!?!? He is one of the better characters in the game. On the same lavel as wedge(by himself no biggs) check out th youtube review of him at 7* i'll put at the bottom of my post. I've used him as an ally's, 4* level 60-70(can't remember) and gear 7 and I could Have used him in in my arena squad a them time. He IS pretty powerful even at lower levels.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWLm_5UOUj0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWLm_5UOUj0</a>

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: