Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653087 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #630 on: December 14, 2016, 03:09:14 AM »

Mustache massacre? Really?  Tongue

Assuming you mean Double Down, I've used it with Tactical Genius in effect, it's fun.

Yes - I prefer Mustache Massacre.  Wink

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #631 on: December 14, 2016, 03:14:47 AM »

Yes - I prefer Mustache Massacre.  Wink

A fitting name. I have mine maxed as far as my player level allows.

I hope it can wreak some havoc during the Emperors event, depending when the RG's come in. You know, my chance of getting Palpatine depends solely on my ability to get Jyn. And I just hit level 60, so I'll be at the bottom.  Sad

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #632 on: December 14, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »

Hey braintrust, what would you recommend a lvl 50 spend his galactic war currency on?  I have Luminara, but no toons maxed.  Should I keep buying her shards, or Biggs', or something else?

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #633 on: December 14, 2016, 10:55:09 AM »

Hey braintrust, what would you recommend a lvl 50 spend his galactic war currency on?  I have Luminara, but no toons maxed.  Should I keep buying her shards, or Biggs', or something else?

I love Lumi. She hits hard, heals well, and she can take a punch. She has much more versatility than Biggs. I'd start with her.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #634 on: December 14, 2016, 11:03:04 AM »

I love Lumi. She hits hard, heals well, and she can take a punch. She has much more versatility than Biggs. I'd start with her.
She is great.  Focusing a lot of my resources on her ATM.

I want Bariss too though...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #635 on: December 14, 2016, 11:25:53 AM »

I was hoping and meditating in earnest for a Bariss.  Then I fought a team with Bariss and found out she's only good when healing a group.  Once a team loses a few, her heal is much less effective (and it's useless when she's alone).

Thanks for the advice though, gotta admit I do run Luminara in my A-team even though she's lower than my JC atm.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #636 on: December 14, 2016, 12:06:45 PM »

I was hoping and meditating in earnest for a Bariss.  Then I fought a team with Bariss and found out she's only good when healing a group.  Once a team loses a few, her heal is much less effective (and it's useless when she's alone).

Thanks for the advice though, gotta admit I do run Luminara in my A-team even though she's lower than my JC atm.
Sorry - misspelling.  It's Barriss. Tongue

All me...lol

Edit:  Last night I was at like 1100 crystals.  I got 75 for logging on this morning.

I'm 20 or so away from the Jedi one for 1199.  I'm getting it I think...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #637 on: December 14, 2016, 03:34:11 PM »

Well, Ackbar's "Tactical Genius" ability triggered by Lando's "Mustache Massacre" is a super potent Group Attack so I should be good.  Smiley

Mustache massacre? Really?  Tongue

Yes - I prefer Mustache Massacre.  Wink

Haha, I can just see Lando stroking his mustache as he does it too.

I suggest continuing with Lumi.  She has a good offense and a good heal plus the HoT that comes with it.  Usually when I start a character I go all the way to finish, and she is one worth finishing.

I was hoping and meditating in earnest for a Bariss.  Then I fought a team with Bariss and found out she's only good when healing a group.  Once a team loses a few, her heal is much less effective (and it's useless when she's alone).

Barriss is a very strong healer, but she needs a strong group to go with her since she has no offensive abilities really.  Her ability to bring a team that's pretty beat up and put them back almost full and give them all armor is very helpful, not to mention she clears debuffs every turn and heals her team about 50% of the time she attacks.

I suggest getting her later after you have a team that can do some damage.  I usually run her as my Leader in GW because she gives everybody a freaking massive health pool which is handy once all your protection is gone later on.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #638 on: December 14, 2016, 05:04:39 PM »

Lumi and Biggs are the two main ones to get from GW IMO. Biggs is much better with Wedge present, but still decent on his own. I see that your Lumi is 3* and your Biggs is 4*. I would recommend going for Luminara. Mine's at 5* and she's an amazing healer. Her Force Push also does a ton of damage, not to mention ability block. Her basic attack deals decent damage too.

----

Question for the group. I'll get Biggs to 6* later today, pumped for him being my first toon to get there.  Grin   I was planning to get Lumi to 6* in GW after that, but should I just go all the way to 7* with Biggs? Normally I wouldn't, but with the big event coming, I think I will. Thoughts?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #639 on: December 14, 2016, 05:39:06 PM »

Lumi and Biggs are the two main ones to get from GW IMO. Biggs is much better with Wedge present, but still decent on his own. I see that your Lumi is 3* and your Biggs is 4*. I would recommend going for Luminara. Mine's at 5* and she's an amazing healer. Her Force Push also does a ton of damage, not to mention ability block. Her basic attack deals decent damage too.

----

Question for the group. I'll get Biggs to 6* later today, pumped for him being my first toon to get there.  Grin   I was planning to get Lumi to 6* in GW after that, but should I just go all the way to 7* with Biggs? Normally I wouldn't, but with the big event coming, I think I will. Thoughts?

I'm with Krace on this one. I like to pick characters that I can farm from start to finish in the different areas of the game. This one in GW, that one in Cantina, etc. Finish Biggs. You'll feel like you accomplished something. And when the event rolls around agaim, you already have a 7* team member. One less to worry about.

Barriss is great when leading a team of advanced, hard hitting Jedi. The Jedi are where her abilities are maximized. She was my lead for my Yoda event. It was like a chainsaw vs. a piņata. I also had Lumi and JC  to help fill the gaps with extra heals, but they so hit pretty hard at the upper levels, which also helped fill the gaps for her lack of offense.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #640 on: December 14, 2016, 05:51:54 PM »

Also check who's using who in the top ten is using in your squad arena server. If they all use luminara then go for it. If not then try to get and 7* them. For example, if every one is running a lando lead with boba both ig and another scoundrel then you know who is gonna work well on your sever. You also should consider developing a team that is very synergistic. Like right now in my arena everyone uses Rex(Lead), Lando, Wedge, Biggs, Qui-gon. The middle three do AoE damage assists and the other two have turn meter reduction. I'm currently building up that team so I can secure a top 10 spot and rule the galaxy

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #641 on: December 14, 2016, 05:55:49 PM »

----

Might as well go with Biggs first for the Event.

I highly recommend picking 5 and getting them all to 7* and at least Gear 8 - then start building around them.

That way you have a strong team to use in Arena, Galactic War, Challenges etc.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #642 on: December 14, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »

Barriss is one that eludes me still..I know she's good on a Jedi team and borrowed a few times from allies.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #643 on: December 14, 2016, 10:26:37 PM »

Looks like I'll have Biggs finished by the end of the weekend.

Going all in on Darth Maul & the Scimitar from Fleet Shipments.

Like I said - I know Maul is not a very useful character, but he's DARTH MAUL and I can afford a "luxury character" at this point - someone just for fun.

Hands down the character I want the most is General Kenobi - but if they don't update that Raid difficulty, who knows when I'll get him.

It still takes us a couple weeks to do just 1 Tank Raid - and that's Normal difficulty.  I can't even hazard a guess when we might start the Heroic tier to begin collecting Kenobi shards.

The good thing though - unlike the Rancor Raid - everyone ranked #3-#50 gets 6 Kenobi shards.  Top 3 gets more.

So that means this time around, the whole Guild will get to unlock The Big Prize character together as a Team.

Unlike the Rancor where I'm working toward 7 stars on Han and some of my Bros are just unlocking him because it's so tiered.  Sad  That's kinda crappy.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #644 on: December 14, 2016, 10:32:44 PM »

I guess I'm going all the way with Biggs then. Thanks for the input. I'll certainly feel like I've achieved something getting my first 7* character.  Grin

As for Barriss, I've borrowed someone's super geared and upgraded Barriss, and my 4* Wedge hit harder. Don't expect her for offense, she's purely defensive. A darn good one though. Really good health and a heal that can be better than other heals.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: