Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652969 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #900 on: December 29, 2016, 06:40:06 PM »

You'll know when to dump Sidious. He just won't pack the punch he did, he'll get taken out more, etc.

Keep farming RG. Give him health mods with protection stats. Star him up, gear him up, and level him up. When he's cranked, he can keep everyone off your attackers back for a long, long time, and his stuns are infuriating.

Ok.

Sure. He just became my first character to Gear 8 yesterday, so that helped. Not to mention the health boost from Palpatine's lead.  Shocked

Addendum to my Sith Team.  Let's call it a Red Blades team.

Looking hard at Ventress over Savage, even though she doesn't register as "Sith".

I think, when fully developed, she'll have a much bigger impact than Savage.

So yeah DC - I WAS trying to talk myself into it, but it just didn't take.  He's valuable in GW as a very Tanky Attacker but not in Arena so much.

Told you so.  Smiley

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #901 on: December 29, 2016, 10:06:05 PM »

Great one! That's always fun. I was so pumped when I got Plo Koon and he's only 3* to start.

Addendum to my Sith Team.  Let's call it a Red Blades team.

Looking hard at Ventress over Savage, even though she doesn't register as "Sith".

So yeah DC - I WAS trying to talk myself into it, but it just didn't take.  He's valuable in GW as a very Tanky Attacker but not in Arena so much.
When I first started the game i was in the first 10 android users to download the game. That said I got a reward for being in the first 10 and I rolled an amazing account. remember when you start you get that free 3* character at lvl 4 well I got fives. I then got barriss from my very first brozium and then dooku a few minutes later. Man the good ol days of sitting on the rank 1 spot in area for 2 weeks straight. Then I dropped down to 700 overnight. Then once i got to around lvl 75 I got bored and just logged in and used a ton of sim tickets and crystals. That's why I no longer have 6,000 sim tickets. Anyways LC what gear and star level is your quigon? I'll get mine to gear 11 as soon as I get 40 mk5 thermal detonator salvage and 40 mk5 powercell salvage. I got my fives and rey to gear 9 a couple days ago and lemme tel ya. Since i geared up rey I stay at 850. Then fives and I now stay at 730-750 in arena. And fives is only at 5*. With 25,000 protection(with mods)! I also omega'd his basic and now he gets double attack on speed down enemies with his 85% counter chance. So I'm pretty pleased with RNG right now.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #902 on: December 29, 2016, 10:27:15 PM »

Is it the 80's when you recommend I dump Sidious? You keep saying he's bad, but when?

They're actually not the same slot. Right now Sid has one and Palpatine the other, only because Palp has no protection yet.

Then I would put them both on Palp.  He's more valuable than Sid, even not too powered up.  He's a crazy OP character.

You'll know when to dump Sidious. He just won't pack the punch he did, he'll get taken out more, etc.

Yep, pretty much this.

Well Once I hit level 75 he turned into the most useless character I have. Heck my jedi knight gaurdian is more powerful than sidious and she's the second worst character in the game. According to the developers too.

Lol, there might be a few characters that are more useless than Sid, but yeah as you get higher in the 70's you'll want to replace him.  Once you hit 80, you'll want to have him gone.  Not saying you'll stop using him, but he'll be on a filler team.

Addendum to my Sith Team.  Let's call it a Red Blades team.

She used to be pretty good.  One of her downfalls is she is slooooow.  Used to be the only way I'd run her was if she was leader to give the bonus speed.  Also used to be fairly self-sustainable as far as health, but the game has shifted past her really.

------------

Found my modified GW team worked pretty well today.  Anakin added some needed punch to the team and there were only a couple instances were I found myself looking for another heal that would have been there.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #903 on: December 30, 2016, 01:46:43 AM »

That was a fun end to an Arena fight. It came down to 2v2, I had Palpatine and Vader, he had Boba and Vader. My Vader killed Boba and then died from DoT, and then my Palpatine had a 1v1 duel with his apprentice. Both started with full health and no protection, he had the advantage there. But Palpatine is faster, I shocked him, his ability block missed, I used my special and stunned him for two turns. He had no chance.

Then I would put them both on Palp.  He's more valuable than Sid, even not too powered up.  He's a crazy OP character.

Yep, pretty much this.

Lol, there might be a few characters that are more useless than Sid, but yeah as you get higher in the 70's you'll want to replace him.  Once you hit 80, you'll want to have him gone.  Not saying you'll stop using him, but he'll be on a filler team.

Oh Palpatine is miles better than his other self, and he also has more health. I currently have one on Sid and one on RG. I'm thinking of putting them both on RG to keep him alive and them off my team for an long as possible. Also, those things are darn expensive to power up! I used a painful amount of credits to level them all the way up.

I'm already thinking of switching him out. Maybe even for Boba. My DS team inflicts a crazy amount of debuffs, so having Culling Blade and Execute going could help. Problem is my Boba isn't remotely powered up yet.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #904 on: December 30, 2016, 02:25:01 AM »

Just promoted Darth Vader to 7 Stars.

His power rating is just a little beneath Anakin now, but I have a bunch of Gear to go so soon he'll be my strongest Character.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #905 on: December 30, 2016, 02:30:58 AM »

Awesome LC! Mine's close to 5*.

Now you got me thinking, when everyone in the game is completely maxed out in everything, (level 85, all gear, best mods) who's the most powerful?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #906 on: December 30, 2016, 04:19:07 AM »

I need 10 more shards to get Ackbar to 5* to get the Emperor.....

I solved my Rey/Anakin problem by upgrading both to tier 7 gear, got Qui-Gon to tier 8 gear, got 15 Ahsoka shards from a Bronzium card, which got her to 6 stars.

Best Bronzium pull so far remains Mace though.  If I hadn't been lying down when it happened, I would have fallen over...

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #907 on: December 30, 2016, 05:09:22 AM »

I need 10 more shards to get Ackbar to 5* to get the Emperor.....

Best Bronzium pull so far remains Mace though.  If I hadn't been lying down when it happened, I would have fallen over...

You can do it. I assume you're getting his shards in Arena and/or grabbing them when they're in Fleet Shipments?

I've never got a lucky Bronzium pull like I've heard you guys talk about. Sure, there's some that would have been characters if I didn't already have them, but they only converted into 7 shards.  Huh

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #908 on: December 30, 2016, 05:13:45 AM »

I've never got a lucky Bronzium pull like I've heard you guys talk about. Sure, there's some that would have been characters if I didn't already have them, but they only converted into 7 shards.  Huh
This  ^

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #909 on: December 30, 2016, 05:27:17 AM »

Fett to gear 7

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #910 on: December 30, 2016, 05:44:28 AM »

I almost wish GW was actually hard.  Tongue   But then again, whenever I do lose I'm pi$$ed.

Na, I'll keep it easy for now. I'm surprised that I've only won 41 Wars so far. That means I can't have been over player level 40 for more than 45 days. That seems way shorter than it really is. By now I feel like I've always had it.

@Krace, unless I stop playing any battles that award XP (not happening), and also actively try to avoid achievements, I don't think there's any chance I'll win 150 GW's before I hit level 80.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #911 on: December 30, 2016, 06:06:21 AM »

Just promoted Darth Vader to 7 Stars.

His power rating is just a little beneath Anakin now, but I have a bunch of Gear to go so soon he'll be my strongest Character.

Congrats on getting Vader to 7*.  I know when I did it was a very good feeling.

My Anakin's power is at 9103 right now, but he's at Gear 11 and only has 1 more gear that can be currently obtained.  My Vader's power is only 8166, but he's only at Gear 9 with 4/6 to Gear 10.

Now you got me thinking, when everyone in the game is completely maxed out in everything, (level 85, all gear, best mods) who's the most powerful?

It's probably going to be someone like Anakin, Vader, Grievous, or the Emperor.  Though there are ones like Leia or IG-88 that have some crazy potential.

You can check out this site here:  https://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/#1

It lists character power, but I think there's some things that are off or not updated.  The site itself is useful though for general character info.

I almost wish GW was actually hard.  Tongue   But then again, whenever I do lose I'm pi$$ed.

Na, I'll keep it easy for now. I'm surprised that I've only won 41 Wars so far. That means I can't have been over player level 40 for more than 45 days. That seems way shorter than it really is. By now I feel like I've always had it.

@Krace, unless I stop playing any battles that award XP (not happening), and also actively try to avoid achievements, I don't think there's any chance I'll win 50 GW's before I hit level 80.

Heh, you think you're pissed now, just wait until later when you only win about 1 a week.

I'm sure you'll win 50, but if you mean 150, yeah you'll be lucky if you make it to 100 before you hit 80 and the hard stuff really kicks in.  I am now finally to the point where I can finish GW almost daily.  Sometimes it's still close, like I have exhausted several junk teams to burn up the initial barrage of specials, and then used another team to actually do some damage, then come in with my primary team.  Sometimes you have to do that on GW 6, 9, 10, 11, and 12 and it really takes a toll on your roster.  Yesterday it came down to me having used up most of my lower levels for fodder and I was on my last actual good squad when I finished GW 12.  Consider that I have 40 toons that are 7* and 37 of them are level 80+ and I had used up almost all of them.  Often times it is definitely no picnic.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #912 on: December 30, 2016, 06:29:10 AM »

My Anakin's power is at 9103 right now, but he's at Gear 11 and only has 1 more gear that can be currently obtained.  My Vader's power is only 8166, but he's only at Gear 9 with 4/6 to Gear 10.

It's probably going to be someone like Anakin, Vader, Grievous, or the Emperor.  Though there are ones like Leia or IG-88 that have some crazy potential.

You can check out this site here:  https://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/#1

It lists character power, but I think there's some things that are off or not updated.  The site itself is useful though for general character info.

Heh, you think you're pissed now, just wait until later when you only win about 1 a week.

I'm sure you'll win 50, but if you mean 150, yeah you'll be lucky if you make it to 100 before you hit 80 and the hard stuff really kicks in.  I am now finally to the point where I can finish GW almost daily.  Sometimes it's still close, like I have exhausted several junk teams to burn up the initial barrage of specials, and then used another team to actually do some damage, then come in with my primary team.  Sometimes you have to do that on GW 6, 9, 10, 11, and 12 and it really takes a toll on your roster.  Yesterday it came down to me having used up most of my lower levels for fodder and I was on my last actual good squad when I finished GW 12.  Consider that I have 40 toons that are 7* and 37 of them are level 80+ and I had used up almost all of them.  Often times it is definitely no picnic.

My best toon in terms of power is Biggs, a whopping 5007.  Sad

Assuming LC's Anakin is fully maxed, it's not him. I've seen a few characters over 10,000, including one of the Geonosians.

Good catch, I modified it.

That post was coming of a GW that took a grand total of 20 minutes. Palpatine lead, Vader, RG, Sid, Lumi. All of them went below 50% health at some point, but that was easily remedied by Luminara. It didn't happen every battle, so she didn't have much to worry about keeping everyone alive.

Oh, and do mods count towards a characters power?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #913 on: December 30, 2016, 12:47:01 PM »

Yes, mods do count towards their power.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #914 on: December 30, 2016, 01:04:43 PM »

Further to that; I just tweaked Ahsoka's mods, and it bumped her up my line-up. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: