Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653007 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1035 on: January 05, 2017, 04:09:39 AM »

Got the Emperor to Gear 8.

Beat ya.

It just never ends, does it? If I were to list everything I wanted to do I'd be writing for an hour.

EDIT: its Vader day today! Gear 8 and just promoted to 5*. I've been wanting that for a long time.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1036 on: January 05, 2017, 05:04:19 AM »

Any extra shards are converted into shard shop currency.

Oh I know they do.  For me though, I don't use the shard shop much now that I have Vader done, so I try and conserve wasting tokens elsewhere since the conversion rate sucks.  Someday I might work hard on Grievous again, but not for a while.

@Krace - does your Guild have any Rules for the Rancor Raid?

If so - what are they?

We're currently changing ours up again . . . I'm looking at all possible options.

Well, when we were doing Tier 6 or whatever the highest Tier # is, it was just free for all once the raid started.  With the Heroic Rancor we can down that in less than 2 hours.  It has a lot less HP, just hits harder, so it goes a lot faster in general.  Since it goes so quickly, we do 24 hours no damage, then when it hits the 24 hour mark we unleash.  The point is that during that first 24 hours you send in a squad of like 1 guy to just die.  If you get a turn you hit one of the two side pigs, but not the main.  Even if you do 0 damage you are on the board, and so if you miss when the first 24 hours is up and don't get any more hits on the raid you still get credit and loot.  It's not perfect, and we try and change the start times to vary things up for people who are only available at different times.  Sometimes we'll start at like 7am for the early birds, sometimes noon, sometimes 6pm or 9pm.  We usually kick it off around one of the reset times in game.

It just never ends, does it? If I were to list everything I wanted to do I'd be writing for an hour.

Nope.  There will always be more toons you wanna get your hands on or that you wanna try and raise up.  It's kinda scary though, I have less than 30 toons to be unlocked now.  Some are ones I will never really care to get, some are the super rares or hard to get ones or that you have to pay to win.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1037 on: January 05, 2017, 06:08:32 AM »

Ouch. GW. Today. I was getting worried. I lost people on node 11. More on the final. Probably 12 or 13 total casualties. I sent a trash team to start node 12, they each got a turn. Nothing good though. Then I sent in my Rebel team, which I thought was really good. I starred and Geared them up for EP. Problem was Biggs was already 1/2 health, and was killed before he could use his special. That team fell apart from there, only taking out the first enemy in their not so glorious downfall.

I didn't think I could make it. Sidious and RG died in node 11, Luminara with the Rebels. That left 2/5 toons from my A team. They went in with Rey, Boba, and Tarkin, 3 not so powered up toons of mine.

I then watched, completely surprised by the unexpectedness of it all. Palpatine. Vader. They tore through the enemy, which consisted of higher powered Rey, (ouch) Cad Bane, Savage, (ouch), and Talia like a walk in the park. I suppose Vader's promotion and Gear level up helped a bit, but point is, Vader + Palpatine = destruction of your enemies. Vader is okay on his own, but it's Palpatine leading that makes it so effective.

Palpatine is irreplaceable, period. No one can take his place, no one can do what he can. Shock is devastating, I've had Power of the Dark Side stun an entire team.

Newer players, get Palpatine. Make sure you have a 5* Rebel squad for whenever his event comes again. Do not deviate once you start preparing them. You will be rewarded with one of the best toons in the game. If you've ever borrowed a decent one, you'll know partly what I mean. But his lead is almost half the good, backed by a good Sith/Empire team, your enemies will fall before you.

To give you an idea, this is his level 6 lead, which is what I have now:

Empire and Sith allies gain +30% Potency and Max Health. (You thought RG was a beast already?)  Jedi and Rebel enemies have -30% Potency and Evasion. Whenever an Empire all inflicts a debuff they gain 18% turn meter. Whenever a Sith all inflicts a debuff they recover 18% of their max health. You thought Vader's Force Crush was good before? Guess what? He qualifies as both Sith and Empire. Instant heal and massive, normally 100% turn meter gain.

Yeah. Awesome. It's even better than it sounds, trust me, once you try it yourself. Get him. ASAP.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1038 on: January 05, 2017, 08:20:21 AM »

aquired Echo and Ima-gun Di. Wedge's ship 3* too

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1039 on: January 05, 2017, 09:24:13 AM »

Got me beat by miles.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1040 on: January 05, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »

Rey at 7*. Luke has 100 shards, but I don't have enough credits.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1041 on: January 05, 2017, 03:46:19 PM »

but point is, Vader + Palpatine = destruction of your enemies.

You should see what happens when you have both of them giving leader ability.  

It's like a red hot knife(lightsaber) through butter(your enemies).  I carved my way through DS level 9 normal with EASE using Vader, Sid, Dooku, RG, Boba, and then adding EP from my guildies as an Ally. Nightsisters, Wiggs, Lando, Ackbar, Han & Chewie, Jedi, or Jawas.  None of them could hardly even scratch my team.

Rey at 7*. Luke has 100 shards, but I don't have enough credits.

Yeah, two toons 7* back to back is pretty expensive.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1042 on: January 05, 2017, 04:03:51 PM »

Thanks.

I don't think the zero score for 24 hours is going to work for our Guild.  We'd finish way too fast, too many would miss FFA.

We've got a tiered approach working pretty well right now, with a different thought for the long term based on damage goals.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1043 on: January 05, 2017, 04:08:18 PM »

Leia and Boba will be next, and also really close to each other. Then it will be ST Han, 88, and 86 all right next to each other. I'm just glad my GW strategy of keeping my toons well below my player level is allowing me to get through tables consistently. It's currently my best source of credits. Once I hit the 150 win mark and can get through the top heist tier, I'll start working them up.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1044 on: January 05, 2017, 04:20:50 PM »

Fett 5* now.  Smiley

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1045 on: January 05, 2017, 05:20:33 PM »

You should see what happens when you have both of them giving leader ability.  

It's like a red hot knife(lightsaber) through butter(your enemies).  I carved my way through DS level 9 normal with EASE using Vader, Sid, Dooku, RG, Boba, and then adding EP from my guildies as an Ally. Nightsisters, Wiggs, Lando, Ackbar, Han & Chewie, Jedi, or Jawas.  None of them could hardly even scratch my team.

I was wondering if ally's leader ability applied.

Okay, what the heck just happened? I was fighting in the arena, opponent had Phasma leading, with a 10% assist chance. She calls an assist 3 times in a row? How?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1046 on: January 05, 2017, 07:04:56 PM »

Thanks.

I don't think the zero score for 24 hours is going to work for our Guild.  We'd finish way too fast, too many would miss FFA.

We've got a tiered approach working pretty well right now, with a different thought for the long term based on damage goals.

Sorry that approach won't work for you all.  I have liked it so far and think it's pretty fair because it gives everybody a chance to at least get on the board, which gives everybody some loot.

I was wondering if ally's leader ability applied.

Okay, what the heck just happened? I was fighting in the arena, opponent had Phasma leading, with a 10% assist chance. She calls an assist 3 times in a row? How?

Yep, an Ally's leader ability always applies.  That's why it tells you what it is on the ally screen.

The short answer is the AI cheats.  EA can deny it all they like, but the AI will get better RNG rolls almost all the time.  Sidious dodging 5 or 6 attacks in a row(yes it was against Jedi, but his dodge isn't THAT good) is something that'll make you bang your head on the desk.  Lumi's leader ability that adds dodge for Jedi and half as much for non-Jedi.  I've seen a non-Jedi in her party dodge 3 attacks in a row.  Like I said, the AI loves to cheat.

On a brighter note, I got promoted to an Officer in my guild today for being such a helpful guy.   Cheesy

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1047 on: January 05, 2017, 07:47:25 PM »

Yep, an Ally's leader ability always applies.  That's why it tells you what it is on the ally screen.

The short answer is the AI cheats.  EA can deny it all they like, but the AI will get better RNG rolls almost all the time.  Sidious dodging 5 or 6 attacks in a row(yes it was against Jedi, but his dodge isn't THAT good) is something that'll make you bang your head on the desk.  Lumi's leader ability that adds dodge for Jedi and half as much for non-Jedi.  I've seen a non-Jedi in her party dodge 3 attacks in a row.  Like I said, the AI loves to cheat.

On a brighter note, I got promoted to an Officer in my guild today for being such a helpful guy.   Cheesy

Thought so. I remember having ally leads helping, with Phasma's extra attacks the most memorable.

That doesn't stop me from wanting to find the player IRL and wringing his little. . . . .  Tongue

Way to go! That basically means you can start Raids now?

-----

So, Lumi and Biggs are maxed now, so what now in GW? I'm thinking Phasma for DS battle troubles, Cad Bane for my less than terrible Scoundrel team who are about to unlock new tiers in the heists. Or IG-86, but he could be saved for when I build a Droid Team.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1048 on: January 05, 2017, 09:20:14 PM »

Congrats, Krace, on your promotion. Have a point.

I agree about the computer cheating. I've seen Sidious dodge double digit times in a row.

Along those same lines, node 12 with a Teebo lead; not fun. Especially with Rey, Fives, and QGJ in that squad. I beat them, but was death by a thousand cuts.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1049 on: January 05, 2017, 09:58:33 PM »

That doesn't stop me from wanting to find the player IRL and wringing his little. . . . .  Tongue

Way to go! That basically means you can start Raids now?

-----

So, Lumi and Biggs are maxed now, so what now in GW? I'm thinking Phasma for DS battle troubles, Cad Bane for my less than terrible Scoundrel team who are about to unlock new tiers in the heists. Or IG-86, but he could be saved for when I build a Droid Team.

Heh, I know the feeling.  Yes I can start raids now.  Apparently I can also abandon them too.  Have to be careful of that button, though I'm sure it would pop a confirmation message to check that I'm sure.

In GW you could work on Phasma, but she's only marginally useful sometimes.  Cad would be good if you are lacking for Scoundrels.  IG-86 is a must, but if you aren't ready to build a Droid team yet, don't worry about him.

Congrats, Krace, on your promotion. Have a point.

I agree about the computer cheating. I've seen Sidious dodge double digit times in a row.

Thanks.

I don't think I've ever seen him dodge that much, but I am pretty sure I've seen him dodge 8 or 9 times in a row.  It's pretty common though that he can dodge 4 or 5 in a row, which is total BS.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: