Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652963 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1155 on: January 12, 2017, 11:40:29 AM »

When they first started giving out AP like they are and making them available for GW purchase, etc., I bought a lot of bronze packs. I got so fed up with pulls like that. I agree with LC, that they are better saved up for tournaments, especially tournaments whose toons interest you. They can get burned up quickly in those.
Q: will I need those for the Yoda thing today?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1156 on: January 12, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »

No, Yoda works like the Emperor event.  You get unlimited tries on each tier until you beat that one.  You need 5 Jedi and they all have to be whatever star level that the tier you're trying.

You'll get rewards for Tier 1-4, but you'll need to get to Tier 5 in order to unlock Yoda.  The event will also give enough credits to promote him to each star level.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1157 on: January 12, 2017, 02:23:58 PM »

Nope!  You just get unlimited tries on those.

To quote George Peppard in the A-Team . . . I love it when a plan comes together.  Wink

I patiently worked my Scoundrel Team to get to the highest Tier of Credit Heist so I could easily max level my characters.

I patiently worked my Rebel team hard for a couple months so I could get 7* Emperor.

Since unlocking him, I've kept a laser focus on just working Emperor, Vader & Royal Guard and pretty much ignoring everything else.

And this morning. . . I just EASILY hit an all-time high for me in Arena of 61.  And I still have quite a lot more potential here.  Especially my Royal Guard.

That felt good to start to see the payoff after months of work on this thing.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1158 on: January 12, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »

Hooray for Credit Heist today!  Time to see what my completely leveled up Scoundrel group can do!

Edit:  BAH!  Well that was a huge let down.  Only got 2.5 Mil x2 out of today's event.  Has me rather disappointed after the haul I got last time.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1159 on: January 12, 2017, 03:16:36 PM »

Are getting Yoda?

Since unlocking him, I've kept a laser focus on just working Emperor, Vader & Royal Guard and pretty much ignoring everything else.

And this morning. . . I just EASILY hit an all-time high for me in Arena of 61.  And I still have quite a lot more potential here.  Especially my Royal Guard.

Those 3 are just perfect together. Vader is pretty beefy with his Master leading, and EP can heal himself.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1160 on: January 12, 2017, 03:44:06 PM »

Those 3 are just perfect together. Vader is pretty beefy with his Master leading, and EP can heal himself.

Don't forget that Vader heals himself too with all the debuffs he inflicts.

On a side note, don't forget that tonight the Guild Challenge switches to Daily Challenges.  Like a dummy I've already done 4 out of the 8 for the day, and also done both of the Ship Challenges which count too.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1161 on: January 12, 2017, 03:51:23 PM »

Don't forget that Vader heals himself too with all the debuffs he inflicts.

On a side note, don't forget that tonight the Guild Challenge switches to Daily Challenges.  Like a dummy I've already done 4 out of the 8 for the day, and also done both of the Ship Challenges which count too.

Yeah, and gets turn meter too.

You'll be shocked to learn that I've finished the training droid challenge and used them all up already. Roll Eyes

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1162 on: January 12, 2017, 03:52:55 PM »

Hooray for Credit Heist today!  Time to see what my completely leveled up Scoundrel group can do!

Edit:  BAH!  Well that was a huge let down.  Only got 2.5 Mil x2 out of today's event.  Has me rather disappointed after the haul I got last time.

Yeah 2.5M x 2 is the norm.  It could be worse. I've gotten 1.5 & 2.5 before- that's disappointing!

Best one was I actually got 5M on my first one and 10M on the second.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1163 on: January 12, 2017, 04:07:58 PM »

625K X 2 again. That's 8 times in a row now.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1164 on: January 12, 2017, 04:12:11 PM »

Yeah, and gets turn meter too.

You'll be shocked to learn that I've finished the training droid challenge and used them all up already. Roll Eyes

Mmhmm...  Makes it brutal for a Crush and instant Culling blade.  Then if you kill somebody he gets ANOTHER turn.  Makes Vader pretty bada$$.

*gasp*   Shocked   <- This is my (sarcastic) shocked face.

Yeah 2.5M x 2 is the norm.  It could be worse. I've gotten 1.5 & 2.5 before- that's disappointing!

Best one was I actually got 5M on my first one and 10M on the second.

Well, it hasn't been the norm for me for a while.  This was my lowest payout probably 2-3 months.  I stopped getting 2.5 x2 some time back and started getting 2.5 and 5, then sometimes 5 x2, and it would fluctuate between those two.  Then last time I got 1.5 and 10.  Was hoping I'd get another 10 this time.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1165 on: January 12, 2017, 05:08:30 PM »

Mmhmm...  Makes it brutal for a Crush and instant Culling blade.  Then if you kill somebody he gets ANOTHER turn.  Makes Vader pretty bada$$.

*gasp*   Shocked   <- This is my (sarcastic) shocked face.

Yup, I do that all the time. Works especially well if EP and Maul have already went and done their specials.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1166 on: January 12, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »

LC, I'm glad your hard work is paying off. Im starting to enjoy similar feelings, but you're a lot farther than I am.

Leia is now 7*, and I had enough after the heists to also work 86 up to 6*. Leia getting to 7* means I can now work on 88 and ST Han to get them ready for the tilapia (inside joke, don't ask) tier credit heist, and when I get Lando up to 7* I'll have my rebel team set to go for the EP event. I just don't know if I'll make it in time. I just hope I get the 150 GW wins before then, and that should be sometime late next month. Then, it's on to the droids.

I know that's not a whole lot to get excited about, and it's still a long road ahead, but now I feel like I have a bit of a grasp on the game and am starting to think on a team level, as opposed to an I divide all toon level.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #1167 on: January 12, 2017, 06:23:49 PM »

LC, I'm glad your hard work is paying off. Im starting to enjoy similar feelings, but you're a lot farther than I am.

Leia is now 7*, and I had enough after the heists to also work 86 up to 6*. Leia getting to 7* means I can now work on 88 and ST Han to get them ready for the tilapia (inside joke, don't ask) tier credit heist, and when I get Lando up to 7* I'll have my rebel team set to go for the EP event. I just don't know if I'll make it in time. I just hope I get the 150 GW wins before then, and that should be sometime late next month. Then, it's on to the droids.

I know that's not a whole lot to get excited about, and it's still a long road ahead, but now I feel like I have a bit of a grasp on the game and am starting to think on a team level, as opposed to an I divide all toon level.
Sorry but I just gotta ask... What is the tilapia tier credit heist? Anyways you know to 5-pip mods that give plus 30 speed? There's even better ones. The give the +30 speed in their secondary stats and main(arrow only) The top guy in my arena shard has his lando at a whopping 280 speed!

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1168 on: January 12, 2017, 08:46:43 PM »

That felt good to start to see the payoff after months of work on this thing.

Heh, my focus has not been so tight, but it's good to see yours is paying off.

I have been trying to work on EP and Vader quite a bit though.  Surprisingly EP's Gear progress has gone faster than Vader's.

Though something of note for an accomplishment for me today was that with the credits from the Heist I was able to finish off the last of my level 80 characters to 85.  Now every character I had at level 80 when the 85 expansion came out has been raised to the max level, plus several more that I have acquired along the way.  This gives me a grand total of 40 level 85 characters.  However two of those are not 7* yet and I have 4 other 7* that are still only in their 50's.  It's a good feeling though to have all my high end characters leveled up.

I came across a video that was pretty helpful about characters to farm, while keeping your focus pretty tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDoadb8jNm8

The top guy in my arena shard has his lando at a whopping 280 speed!

Yeah, there is a guy in my guild whose Jawa Engineer has somewhere around that much speed, which actually means he's getting another +40 speed in battle with his passive bonus.  All it takes is the Jawa Engineer going first, then the rest of the droids in the squad are probably gonna go right after with that 45% turn meter gain.  It's the reason Droid squads often kill 1 or 2 of your party without you even getting a shot.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1169 on: January 12, 2017, 09:37:19 PM »

No, Yoda works like the Emperor event.  You get unlimited tries on each tier until you beat that one.  You need 5 Jedi and they all have to be whatever star level that the tier you're trying.

You'll get rewards for Tier 1-4, but you'll need to get to Tier 5 in order to unlock Yoda.  The event will also give enough credits to promote him to each star level.
Thanks Krace. Smiley

Sorry - I was away, and am just seeing this...

Are getting Yoda?

Nope.  I have the right number of Jedi, but my lowest one is only 4*.

I was just going to see how far I got - like the EP one.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: