Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Introduction for aspiring SW cosplayer  (Read 1060 times)
Uluhgirin_dim92
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 23, 2023, 04:31:02 PM »

Hi, I’m Uluhgirin_dim92. Sumerian is on of my main interests so I tried to make a user name that kind of reflects that. So I tried to name it “light-sword maker” but it’s difficult to really know how to form things when you are still a noob when it comes to languages and linguistics. But I’ve been a Star Wars fan for pretty much my entire life. I’ve recently considered getting into cosplay and have some ideas for what I want to do but I don’t really know where to start. For my first project I have an idea for an original Sith Lord cosplay. Since I regularly wear black since I’m a metalhead and I kind of prefer that sort of esthetic I think a Sith cosplay might be easiest at this time. Plus I think that most of them look really awesome. Especially if they have horns and elaborate tattoos/markings on them. Especially the more alien looking characters/beings. I kind of have some ideas for where to get the clothing but I’m currently looking into getting a custom lightsaber that looks cool and dark. Any tips and feedback (if I post what I come up with) are greatly appreciated.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 05:10:47 PM »

Hello Uluhgirin_dim92 and welcome to the forums!

Now I am more of a Jedi leaning member here but I do know of a great gentleman that used to frequent this place a while ago named Therion Jinn who assembled a couple of neat looking Sith costumes. Maybe you could check out the forum's "Costumes and Props" section to see his posts (and others).

I do know a lot of Sith cosplayers use motorcycle/motorcross body armour as a basis for costumes and you can find 3D printed horns and adornments on market place websites (even places like Thingyverse might have accessory parts).

Hope this helps and enjoy your time on the forum. I'll keep an eye on your progress.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 01:25:38 AM »

I'm not much of a costumer, but a lot of people seem to paint motorcycle armor and other sporting equipment to get their outfits.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 01:49:29 AM »

start a post in the costume and props thread. Tell us what you're concept is and you should get some good feedback. I'm also a novice at the cosplay stuff and have received lots of awesome ideas from the good folks here. I promise I'll help you out with what I've  learned.

May you embrace your journey to the Dark Side

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 01:58:59 AM »

Also I might add, if you have plans of joining(or think you might in the future) a specific costuming organization (Rebel Legion, 501st, Saber Guild, etc) be sure to follow their guidlines.

(Sig by me!)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 01:44:19 AM »

Also I might add, if you have plans of joining(or think you might in the future) a specific costuming organization (Rebel Legion, 501st, Saber Guild, etc) be sure to follow their guidlines.

…what he said…& be ready to drop some major coin in the process. IIt's n expensive hobby.

My Jedi cosplay is well north of $300 & still might not pass a Rebel Legion or Saber Guild inspection.

FYI

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 07:09:56 PM »

…what he said…& be ready to drop some major coin in the process. IIt's n expensive hobby.

My Jedi cosplay is well north of $300 & still might not pass a Rebel Legion or Saber Guild inspection.

FYI

*She said

But yes, it gets expensive, especially if you can't make anything yourself(like me). Try watching some sewing tutorials on basic stitches and technique, and see if it's something you might be able to pick up. Sewing your own stuff is probably the absolute best way to save yourself a lot of money, especially if you want something beyond just the "generic" colored robes.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: