Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2594 times)
927sdj
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 22, 2015, 05:59:27 PM »

Hello, everyone. I'm new to this site and I'm looking to find some more information on building a lightsaber before I start committing to specifications or whatever. I'm interested in double-bladed lightsabers and needed to know a few things:

1)   If I'm constructing a double-bladed lightsaber, do I need to order a hilt pommel? How would that work out if I did need one, since both ends of my lightsaber would be blade?
2)   Could a hilt pommel take the place of a blade plug? If not, would I even need to bother with a hilt pommel at all?
3)   How do I order a lightsaber with the capability of adding sound later, without paying for the sound up front? Basically, how can I save money on my initial order before I go back to pay for the obsidian USB sound addition later?
4) Do I need to also order a clip for hanging onto a belt for my double-bladed lightsaber? If so, how does one hang from a belt clip if it has two blades?
5) What exactly is/are the difference(s) with a regular saber versus an Emerald Saber? What is the added effect and cost of an Emerald Saber?

Thanks so much for your help! I hope to be able to get a new lightsaber in several months and find other folks to spar with!

A Trained Assassin of the Sith, an Instrument of Fire and Lightning, a Weapon of the Red Lotus...
As Silent as the Faintest Whisper, as Swift as an Autumn Breeze, as Steady as Stone...
The Ataru Master of the Twin Blades and The Dark Side of The Force...

...I am The Red Spirit. In Death do I Live.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 06:53:01 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum! I see that you have posted this in intros and questions, it will have more chance of (and already has been) answered in Q's. Please post an acknowledgement of the forum Rules. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have, we like to answer them. Do you want Light or Dark Points?

927sdj
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 08:06:36 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum! I see that you have posted this in intros and questions, it will have more chance of (and already has been) answered in Q's. Please post an acknowledgement of the forum Rules. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have, we like to answer them. Do you want Light or Dark Points?

I'd like Dark Points! I'm working on a take on the Blue Spirit from Avatar the Last Airbender as a reimagined "Red Spirit"! I'm looking to eventually own a Crimson Mantis and a Dark Mantis, although right now I'm not sure of the pros and cons of making them both Emerald or not...

A Trained Assassin of the Sith, an Instrument of Fire and Lightning, a Weapon of the Red Lotus...
As Silent as the Faintest Whisper, as Swift as an Autumn Breeze, as Steady as Stone...
The Ataru Master of the Twin Blades and The Dark Side of The Force...

...I am The Red Spirit. In Death do I Live.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 09:06:52 PM »

nice thing about making a dual bladed is the sound from 1 carries for both well.

yes, most can be upgraded later. the blades can be removed for prop/ display (where a blade plug comes in to save eyes)

your emerald is multicolor effects, so red, green, orange, etc many color options.

Mantis is capable of both upgrades and a nice hilt.

and lastly welcome!

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 08:25:44 PM »

1)   If I'm constructing a double-bladed lightsaber, do I need to order a hilt pommel? How would that work out if I did need one, since both ends of my lightsaber would be blade?
The pommels are only for if you split the halves of your staff. If you order a staff, you will automatically receive the standard pommel at no extra charge.

2)   Could a hilt pommel take the place of a blade plug? If not, would I even need to bother with a hilt pommel at all?
No it cannot. Plugs only serve a purpose if you plan to take the blades out.

3)   How do I order a lightsaber with the capability of adding sound later, without paying for the sound up front? Basically, how can I save money on my initial order before I go back to pay for the obsidian USB sound addition later?
You will be paying much more for sound if you don't order it in the initial build. I recommend that if you know you want sound on this saber, order it up front. If you don't want sound simply order a stunt saber. But upgrading to sound later will also require the purchase of the Li-ion setup.

4) Do I need to also order a clip for hanging onto a belt for my double-bladed lightsaber? If so, how does one hang from a belt clip if it has two blades?
Since all of the double bladed hilts are of the V-series, you would have to have them add a Covertec wheel to at least one half. You would also then have to order at least one Covertec clip to hang it from your belt. If you plan to clip your saber, you will need to take the blades off.

5) What exactly is/are the difference(s) with a regular saber versus an Emerald Saber? What is the added effect and cost of an Emerald Saber?
Emerald sabers offer an almost infinite number of blade color options. They also offer precise color adjustment for Flash on Clash, as well as have the ability to pulse. If you are planning on buying a V-series staff, but don't want to be limited to only one blade color, I highly recommend Emerald if you can afford it.

Now to really blow your mind. All of the hilts available at US (with the exception of the V2s) have MHS compatible pommels (meaning they have the same threads and are interchangeable). This means you could get 2 of any of these sabers and a coupler to make a staff. So if you're a fan of D. Maul, 2x Menace plus a silver coupler, and you're in business.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 09:40:30 PM »

Welcome to the forum Smiley I think all of your questions have been answered, but if you do need any more assistance, please just ask away!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 02:07:28 AM »

Welcome to the saber forum 927sdj.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 01:36:20 AM »

Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith!!! Cool

I haven't seen this addressed yet, but I recently purchased a duplicate of my "no-sound" stunt (click > Dominix LE v4 < click) w/the new (click > "Obsidian LITE" < click) sound option installed for considerably le$$ than the sound upgrade option(s) requiring the Li-Ion battery conversion. I also ordered a vented coupler for instances when I combine the two sabers together to create a (click >  Phantom V4-inspired dual-blade saber. < click)

May The Force Be With You!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: