Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Mass Effect Trilogy  (Read 25860 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2019, 09:30:43 AM »

I think downloads are where the glitches tend to happen.

I cannot wait to finish MS1 and get into the awesomeness that is MS2.

And for all the limitations of MS1 it's amazing how much of it was retained and improved upon for MS2 and MS3

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2019, 11:01:21 PM »

I don't have all of the DLC for 3, but I can tell you this without any doubt:

"I am the very model of a scientist salarian, I've studied species turian, asari, and batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
because i am an expert (which i know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
I am the very model of a scientist salarian!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2019, 11:37:47 PM »

The DLC for all 3 games was pretty good.

Bring Down the Sky for ME1 has a ROUGH choice in it that echoes later into ME3.

Project Overlord for 2 is really good, and Arrival really sets the stage for ME3.  I didn't think much of Firewalker, but adding Zaeed and Kasumi are also pretty fun and their side missions add some depth to 2.

Have not yet played Citadel for 3 - downloaded it on sale.  Got Red Dead 2 for holidays, though, so the Old West calls first.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2019, 12:07:54 AM »

I think downloads are where the glitches tend to happen.

Yeah, that could very well be. If I remember correctly, it was greatly reduced in the Playstation store when I bought it, so that's the version I went with.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2019, 12:35:17 AM »

I don't have all of the DLC for 3, but I can tell you this without any doubt:

"I am the very model of a scientist salarian, I've studied species turian, asari, and batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
because i am an expert (which i know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
I am the very model of a scientist salarian!
that is definitely what's missing from ME1: some awesome crew banter.

In other news, just went back to Noveria and kicked Benezia's ass in about 2 secs flat. Lv 32 for the win!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2019, 09:40:32 PM »

Just sent Maiden off with the Salarians. It's not that I gotten used to Ash in MS3 or anything, but the character is just plain dull. Duller than Jacob and much duller than Liam in Andromeda. Ah well. No big loss!  Cheesy

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2019, 11:34:09 PM »

that is definitely what's missing from ME1: some awesome crew banter.

In other news, just went back to Noveria and kicked Benezia's ass in about 2 secs flat. Lv 32 for the win!

Ohhh I remember that Fight!  I scraped through somehow after three attempts at a lowly 12 or 13...but what did you do to the Rachni Mother?

Just sent Maiden off with the Salarians. It's not that I gotten used to Ash in MS3 or anything, but the character is just plain dull. Duller than Jacob and much duller than Liam in Andromeda. Ah well. No big loss!  Cheesy

Kaiden had his moments...but apart from love interest for FemShep...not very many of them...don't blame you...But yeah that Virmire mission was a great one and forcing you to choose a real quandary when you are used to the heroes always getting out alive.

Hope you didn't loose Wrex, he's brilliant!  That was thing about Andromeda that annoyed me, they tried to recreate him as Drack instead of doing something a bit new.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2019, 11:44:58 PM »

Hope you didn't loose Wrex, he's brilliant!  That was thing about Andromeda that annoyed me, they tried to recreate him as Drack instead of doing something a bit new.

Urdnot Wrex. So awesome. That is all.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2019, 04:55:19 PM »

Ohhh I remember that Fight!  I scraped through somehow after three attempts at a lowly 12 or 13...but what did you do to the Rachni Mother?
I tried for 30 mins when I was level 17 and got to the part when Benezia Troi snaps out of the spell and chats with the group. But once we started fighting again I kept dying cos of those dang Asari commandos. But this time the fight was over with a few well placed shots from my pistol.

As for the Rachni mother, I used my future clairvoyant powers of the future to decide letting her live may help me somewhere down the line.

Kaiden had his moments...but apart from love interest for FemShep...not very many of them...don't blame you...But yeah that Virmire mission was a great one and forcing you to choose a real quandary when you are used to the heroes always getting out alive.

I don't think I'll run through as Femshep right now. Maybe one day, in the future.

And am just about to start the Ilos mission so Wrex is still alive and kicking.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2019, 04:59:10 PM »

Knox, you're awesome. You've reignited my interest in Mass Effect. Though I have newer games to play, I think I have to try to play through the first game again. Fortunately, it's XBOX One compatible, so I can put my 360 disc in there and play it, rather than hook up my 360 to play it. Cool

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2019, 03:37:58 AM »

I disagree with that, actually. 

Wrex has a vision for Clan Urdnot and the rest of Tuchanka.  Wrex is fighting to live.

Nakmor Drack, meanwhile, is fighting a more personal war.  Drack is looking for something worth dying against for his people.  It's why he's so annoyed with Kesh's suitor, because the kid has something to live for and Drack thinks he's being stupid about the future he has.

I killed Ashley more often than Kaiden.  Ashley's xenophobia/prejudice never jived with how I would like humanity to be once we travel the stars.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2019, 10:20:19 AM »

Ashley's xenophobia/prejudice never jived with how I would like humanity to be once we travel the stars.

Exactly! I always regretted saving her. Not my type at all. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2019, 10:58:44 AM »

I found it funny that Ash was quite xenophobic but then kicked up a stink when Shepard was working with Cerberus in ME2. Fortunately she mellowed a bit in ME3.

As for human attitudes throughout the game, a
Shepard would fit in well in the Star Trek universe, while others (for the most part) are just d*cks.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2019, 06:23:45 PM »

Here's a great video retrospective looking back at the game 10 years on. Some really interesting stuff about the development too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLvMieeVGm0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLvMieeVGm0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2019, 02:06:45 PM »

I killed Ashley more often than Kaiden.  Ashley's xenophobia/prejudice never jived with how I would like humanity to be once we travel the stars.

That was one thing i liked about Mass Effect it didn't shy away from the fact that there would be species divides e.g.the Pro human political party you can sort of do an ad for and Cerberus using alien tech to advance humanities interests, I actually liked Ashely more for her "Humanity First" POV made her a more real character IMHO.  Such anti-alien prejudice might not be the futuristic ideal, but I think it is square on with what the reality will be if we ever do find sentient alien life, a lot of people will just want to wipe hem out steal their stuff and strip mine heir planet.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: