Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 649648 times)
Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2835 on: May 30, 2017, 08:16:20 PM »

Sure, if you want to, I would not be opposed. Smiley

Also just synced my account with swgoh.gg, and here is the link to my profile. https://swgoh.gg/u/ralenyorul/
I get you in my guild if you want. Which of my toons are one-shotting enemies? Lord C's toons make mine look pathetic so that just goes to say how much work a developed roster takes. Oh and BTW, there is a new rule of squabbling in this thread but friendly competition is allowed.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2836 on: May 30, 2017, 09:19:35 PM »

I get you in my guild if you want. Which of my toons are one-shotting enemies? Lord C's toons make mine look pathetic so that just goes to say how much work a developed roster takes. Oh and BTW, there is a new rule of squabbling in this thread but friendly competition is allowed.

I won't squabble. I don't have anything to squabble about, but thanks for the info. As to which of your toons are one-shotting enemies, I have used Vader, Fives, and I think Rex, and they all do it. But my enemies are still only like level 36. If you want to get me into your guild that would be fine. I don't really know what to do in one, and I haven't joined one yet, but I'm hoping I can learn quickly.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2837 on: May 30, 2017, 09:54:13 PM »

Hey all, thanks for the advice in getting started. I feel like I am advancing quickly, even though I don't yet have many toons. any other advice is welcome, and my ally code is 464-912-814 is anyone would be willing to befriend me.

Incoming request from TheDoctor.

You'll advance quickly for now, but that'll stop when you get high enough.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2838 on: May 30, 2017, 10:15:00 PM »

My Boba, Lando, and IG88 all got geared recently, and now that droid heist weekly just falls over  Grin

Hey all, thanks for the advice in getting started. I feel like I am advancing quickly, even though I don't yet have many toons. any other advice is welcome, and my ally code is 464-912-814 is anyone would be willing to befriend me.

Invite inc from TheSoulSmith.
Let me know if there are any specific toons you'd like to try out, and I can set them as my lead for stuff.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2839 on: May 31, 2017, 12:15:51 AM »

Thanks guys, I'll have to try some of your toons out, and see who I like. Grin

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2840 on: May 31, 2017, 01:16:31 AM »

Thanks guys, I'll have to try some of your toons out, and see who I like. Grin

My Darth Maul (and probably whoever else among us have him) will take you through a whole level on his own. If you use his basic on every attack then he'll keep going and then it's fun to unload the special on the final encounter.

Quick Tip: not sure if it's been mentioned by anyone. Farm Royal Guard. It's easier once you unlock his cantina farming node, but i got him all the way to 6* with the two hard battles before I unlocked it. Great character - I use him on my arena team to this day, as do others in the top 100.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2841 on: May 31, 2017, 01:20:49 AM »

Lol, you all are gonna spoil the new guy with these big ol maxed out toons that rip people's faces off.

I remember quite some time ago I had someone at work who had recently started playing.  At the time Asajj was in my roster of toons he could borrow and he'd just straight up murder any stage where he got to use her because she could AOE every turn as long as she was killing somebody, which was everybody every turn.    Cheesy

This was of course before I had Lando, and Maul I think was like Chromium only.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2842 on: May 31, 2017, 01:27:30 AM »

Technically I don't have a single maxed toon, cause all though I have a couple at Gear 11, I haven't given the ones at 11 their final pieces. Tongue   I'm focused on getting to Gear 11, nothing beyond yet.

I did get to ally with some big players when I started, so I had that as well. It's fun. Those days are behind me now.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2843 on: May 31, 2017, 01:38:18 AM »

Quick Tip: not sure if it's been mentioned by anyone. Farm Royal Guard. It's easier once you unlock his cantina farming node, but i got him all the way to 6* with the two hard battles before I unlocked it. Great character - I use him on my arena team to this day, as do others in the top 100.

Not sure who it was, but yes, it has been mentioned. And in between the times I am farming Lando, I farm Royal Guard.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2844 on: May 31, 2017, 02:21:23 AM »

And farm scoundrels. Scoundrels get you credits, and this game gets very expensive very quickly.

Lando, Boba Fett, IG-88, ST Han, and Chewie will be a good team.

As soon as you get access to those toons, make getting them up to 7* and highest gear and mods your top priority. When you do that, you'll be able to save for when it gets really expensive.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2845 on: May 31, 2017, 02:25:22 AM »

Not sure who it was, but yes, it has been mentioned. And in between the times I am farming Lando, I farm Royal Guard.

Tips?
I think you get Biggs early-ish on.  He is better than you think, invest in him.  You get Chewie too, and he's great for your early game, but ease off him once you start getting a few toons.  Royal Guard is much better later on than he seems, do his hard modes to get his character shards every day.   Once Lando's character shards become farm-able in Cantina, farm him like you have a fetish for mustaches.

It was me  Grin
I just stopped using my Royal Guard in arena recently, and only because I switched him for Lando to try a DPS heavy tankless team for a while.  It's going okay so far, but we'll see.
Glad you're farming those two, they're the poo.  I'll try to get a couple random lower level toons in my leader spots so you get to try 'em out.  Insta-killing stuff is always hi-larious, but it doesn't hurt to see how other toons play.

Oh and yeah, once you start accruing arena currency, Saint Han is a good places to start.  Then IG88 imo.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2846 on: May 31, 2017, 03:27:36 AM »

Why not both at the same time?

And farm scoundrels. Scoundrels get you credits, and this game gets very expensive very quickly.

Lando, Boba Fett, IG-88, ST Han, and Chewie will be a good team.

As soon as you get access to those toons, make getting them up to 7* and highest gear and mods your top priority. When you do that, you'll be able to save for when it gets really expensive.

Hey look, my exact Scoundrel team. Tongue  

Max Gear is not necessary. I 3-starred the highest tier of the scoundrel mod challenge and blast through the highest tier of heists with this.

It was me  Grin
I just stopped using my Royal Guard in arena recently, and only because I switched him for Lando to try a DPS heavy tankless team for a while.  It's going okay so far, but we'll see.
Glad you're farming those two, they're the poo.  I'll try to get a couple random lower level toons in my leader spots so you get to try 'em out.  Insta-killing stuff is always hi-larious, but it doesn't hurt to see how other toons play.

Oh and yeah, once you start accruing arena currency, Saint Han is a good places to start.  Then IG88 imo.

I can usually eat tankless teams for breakfast . . .

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2847 on: May 31, 2017, 03:35:27 AM »

I can usually eat tankless teams for breakfast . . .

Me too, which is why I'm just trying it out to see how it goes.  Last few days have left me finishing slightly better ranked, but could be coincidence.  Gonna give it some time and see if things change much.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2848 on: May 31, 2017, 03:48:45 AM »

Me too, which is why I'm just trying it out to see how it goes.  Last few days have left me finishing slightly better ranked, but could be coincidence.  Gonna give it some time and see if things change much.

Cool. Let us know how it goes, I'm interested to see if it continues to work. Probably depends on the shard. The combo of a strong RG and strong Shoretrooper has worked wonders for me. Being stuck behind a tank is really frustrating. Two even more so.

Then there's the teams who destroy both my tanks before I can retaliate. Those matches don't end very well. Tongue

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2849 on: May 31, 2017, 04:00:04 AM »

Cool. Let us know how it goes, I'm interested to see if it continues to work. Probably depends on the shard. The combo of a strong RG and strong Shoretrooper has worked wonders for me. Being stuck behind a tank is really frustrating. Two even more so.

Then there's the teams who destroy both my tanks before I can retaliate. Those matches don't end very well. Tongue

Double tank teams are the poo, I envy your team!
Reason I'm trying this is because I've come up against a couple 'all dps' teams aimed at wiping you out before you get to do much.  While it's not a style I like, I wanted to see how it went.  I've been working on my mods to get more speed (which is even more essential with all dps), and though I still need more (especially Lando), it's been interesting.

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: