Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Adhesive??  (Read 1458 times)
HSHLD6TO7
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 30, 2021, 03:39:48 AM »

Each of my kiddos have invested in their own #ultrasabers, and they havrn't exactly gentle with them. There are a few minor repairs that need to be made but we wanted to make sure we are using the correct adhesive.  What type of glue is used to secure the switch? And gluing on a new tip?
Thanks!!

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 06:26:34 PM »

Tips can be held on very well with E3000. The switch can be as well but depending which type of switch there may be better ways. E3000 dries flexible and offers a bit more resilience than hard glues.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

HSHLD6TO7
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 05:28:39 PM »

Thank you!!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 05:50:23 AM »

For switches, the plastic guarded style switches are just press fit into the holes. You just need leverage and maximum effort to take one out, and they go right back in. For the metal AV switches, Ultrasabers uses hot glue. The great thing about that is that you can heat it up to remove the switch. Use a heat gun on the metal around the switch (not the switch itself, I learned that the hard way) and go in sweeping circles around the switch until you feel the switch start to loosen. Once you've done your repair, you can heat the glue back up, put the switch back in and then set the hilt down with the switch down so that the glue will pool back around the switch and glue it back in. Alternately, if you don't want to do that to put the switch back in, some electrical tape on the threads will turn an AV switch into a press fit switch. I've been using that method for years and it works great. They're pretty easy to get back out for repairs but won't fall out.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 07:02:38 PM »

For switches, the plastic guarded style switches are just press fit into the holes. You just need leverage and maximum effort to take one out, and they go right back in. For the metal AV switches, Ultrasabers uses hot glue. The great thing about that is that you can heat it up to remove the switch. Use a heat gun on the metal around the switch (not the switch itself, I learned that the hard way) and go in sweeping circles around the switch until you feel the switch start to loosen. Once you've done your repair, you can heat the glue back up, put the switch back in and then set the hilt down with the switch down so that the glue will pool back around the switch and glue it back in. Alternately, if you don't want to do that to put the switch back in, some electrical tape on the threads will turn an AV switch into a press fit switch. I've been using that method for years and it works great. They're pretty easy to get back out for repairs but won't fall out.
points!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: