Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Jedi Order Styles  (Read 2102 times)
SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« on: January 21, 2012, 08:32:36 PM »

I brought this idea up in another topic earlier, and I figured it could use its own topic so as to not repurpose the other too much.

The New Jedi Order Styles are Fast Style, Strong Style, and Medium Style (use Wookieepedia if you want more information about them). My idea is that they could be used to further distinguish an individual's style when used in cooperation with the Traditional Seven Forms. For example, I would be Ataru Fast Style, as I use a Jaina Solo-like style (slower than Yoda due to the lack of height compensation, but still fast with an excessive amount of spinning and jumping) whereas an Ataru practitioner who uses less speed or jumping (or just likes to think they use Ataru Wink) would be Ataru Medium Style. Also, since many (myself included) view the Seven Forms as philosophies, the addition of the NJO terminology (which is strictly physical) would distinguish the physical aspect of their style. Whether you view the Seven Forms as philosophies or physical styles, I believe the NJO Styles could be used to more specifically classify your style of 'combat'. Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Compliments?

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:51:36 PM »

I like this idea, it's a good way to further classify forms, and even explains differences between practitioners in the movies. I.E. Qui Gon's Ataru, vs. Yoda's Ataru.

DarthThantos
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »

cool gives a more detailed description of the 6 traditional forms

Giving me dark side points shall stall your demise...

DarthThantos
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »

well, 7 traditional forms if u count juyo/vapaad

Giving me dark side points shall stall your demise...

SOTJ
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 03:56:34 AM »

well, 7 traditional forms if u count juyo/vapaad

I always count Form VII as a form.... Roll Eyes Wink

I like this idea, it's a good way to further classify forms, and even explains differences between practitioners in the movies. I.E. Qui Gon's Ataru, vs. Yoda's Ataru.

That's actually one of the instances I was thinking of when I came up with the idea Cheesy

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 04:08:32 AM »

That was literally the first thing that came to my mind when you fireally marst mentioned blending the seven forms with the NJO forms.

It really makes for a complete martial system, that would cater to different beings and even saber variants. A human would execute Vapaad different than a Besalisk.

SOTJ
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 04:32:27 AM »

That was literally the first thing that came to my mind when you fireally marst mentioned blending the seven forms with the NJO forms.

It really makes for a complete martial system, that would cater to different beings and even saber variants. A human would execute Vapaad different than a Besalisk.

Yeah, a Besalisk would definitely approach it differently than a human Grin I was also thinking of my little buddy User Name - he uses Soresu, but a lot faster than the other people who describe themselves as Soresu practitioners, yet he will describe himself as a Soresu user and everyone will automatically assume he means something totally different from his actual style.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:35:35 AM by SOTJ » Logged

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 06:33:19 AM »

Yeah I can see that, I would say Obi Wan was more on the fast side of Soresu as well. Especially in RotS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: