Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1279205 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #2520 on: March 28, 2018, 05:20:00 PM »

That would be a lot of money, I don't think the Mouse would let it go for anything even approaching reasonable.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2521 on: March 28, 2018, 05:29:36 PM »

That would be a lot of money, I don't think the Mouse would let it go for anything even approaching reasonable.
I'm thinking $5B should entice them. I just have to make it lucrative for potential investors. But, $4B is what they paid for Lucasfilm as a whole. Disney can keep that, I just want SW, so that should be significantly less. I have one other possible contingency, but I'm keeping that one under my hood.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #2522 on: March 28, 2018, 06:18:46 PM »

Maybe, though I imagine they see SW as the big money maker in the purchase.  Sure, ILM is huge (and I wonder how well SW could be made without it), but Disney already had Pixar in their pocket.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2523 on: March 28, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »

Maybe, though I imagine they see SW as the big money maker in the purchase.  Sure, ILM is huge (and I wonder how well SW could be made without it), but Disney already had Pixar in their pocket.
That's when I spin my deal and guarantee that I could make them more money than they are currently making by doing the franchise better service, but also by paying better attention to the fans instead of trying to spoon feed them bullshell.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #2524 on: March 28, 2018, 06:42:52 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking that if you spun it so you basically took KKT's job, at least in terms of SW, with contracted creative control...  So they still "own" it, and get royalties and blah blah...  They might.  I really think the Mouse is out to monopolize the cinematic entertainment industry...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2525 on: March 28, 2018, 06:48:06 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking that if you spun it so you basically took KKT's job, at least in terms of SW, with contracted creative control...  So they still "own" it, and get royalties and blah blah...  They might.  I really think the Mouse is out to monopolize the cinematic entertainment industry...

This right here. I don't care about getting rich. For lack of better phrasing I want "to make SW great again."

When Disney buys Wal-Mart, we're all frelled. They can call themselves Buy-N-Large. Sad

Sig by For Tyeth

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #2526 on: March 28, 2018, 06:53:35 PM »

*shudders*

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2527 on: March 28, 2018, 06:55:39 PM »

Truly, the stuff of nightmares.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #2528 on: March 28, 2018, 06:56:38 PM »

Well, everyone waiting for all the cyberpunk dystopias would get their wish...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2529 on: March 28, 2018, 06:59:43 PM »

This is an ulterior motive to taking over SW. If I can change the direction toward intelligent story lines, that focus on plot and character development, perhaps it would force the consumers to actually think a little instead of being spoon fed.

<fingers crossed>

Sig by For Tyeth

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #2530 on: March 28, 2018, 07:21:31 PM »

But will they want to have to think?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2531 on: March 28, 2018, 07:26:35 PM »

Work with me people. I'm out to create a paradigm shift. Start with desirable entertainment that makes the audience think, and then make it a culture. Then we shall become the United States of Geek, and live harmoniously in Nerdvanna. And hopefully stupid as a lifestyle choice will have gone the way of the dinosaur. And maybe bring back dinosaurs. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2532 on: March 28, 2018, 07:27:23 PM »

Logos for President

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #2533 on: March 28, 2018, 07:31:20 PM »

President has so little real power.  It's a plan I can get behind, I am just admittedly really down, cynical, and struggling right now.  Hurdles I'm not sure how to clear in my path, very immediately.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2534 on: March 28, 2018, 07:33:49 PM »

President has so little real power.  It's a plan I can get behind, I am just admittedly really down, cynical, and struggling right now.  Hurdles I'm not sure how to clear in my path, very immediately.
So did the title of Supreme Chancellor, but we all know how that turned out.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: