Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1279537 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3765 on: September 19, 2018, 12:48:14 PM »

Same here. Horse is one of my favorite.
Horse meat isn't sold in the US so most of us have never tried. Also people have the stigma of horses are pets here so the idea of eating them is upsetting. Personally I have no issue with it as long as it wasn't my pet and I have heard that they are quite good.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3766 on: September 19, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »

Horse meat isn't sold in the US so most of us have never tried. Also people have the stigma of horses are pets here so the idea of eating them is upsetting. Personally I have no issue with it as long as it wasn't my pet and I have heard that they are quite good.

There are countries that eat dogs and cats as well, it's a stigma here and even if I've never owned a dog as a pet or it wasn't a stigma, I still won't eat one nor a cat and I dislike cats.  In Mexico, people eat rats there and if you go places like China and Malaysia where they eat monkey brains or Thailand and Ghana where they eat bugs, it's something that they like and it's part of their culture but it's not for me, stigma or not.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3767 on: September 19, 2018, 01:07:52 PM »

There are countries that eat dogs and cats as well, it's a stigma here and even if I've never owned a dog as a pet or it wasn't a stigma, I still won't eat one nor a cat and I dislike cats.  In Mexico, people eat rats there and if you go places like China and Malaysia where they eat monkey brains or Thailand and Ghana where they eat bugs, it's something that they like and it's part of their culture but it's not for me, stigma or not.
I am aware of the fact dogs, cats, rats, primates and insects are staples elsewhere in the world. All I have to say is, whatever, that's fine, eat what you like. My comment was geared towards Cruento, to explain a simple cultural difference and why people will probably shy away from the horse meat comment.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3768 on: September 19, 2018, 01:12:11 PM »

I am aware of the fact dogs, cats, rats, primates and insects are staples elsewhere in the world. All I have to say is, whatever, that's fine, eat what you like. My comment was geared towards Cruento, to explain a simple cultural difference and why people will probably shy away from the horse meat comment.

That was my point as well, my examples are other animals and not just horses. All animals have a stigma depending on what side of the globe you're from.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3769 on: September 19, 2018, 01:22:54 PM »

That was my point as well, my examples are other animals and not just horses. All animals have a stigma depending on what side of the globe you're from.
Ahh, I misunderstood your response.

Stigma doesn't even have to be from the other side of the globe, all it takes is differing beliefs. Take me for example, I hunt and enjoy venison. People who I know are appalled that I eat Bambi, to them eating a Disney character is a huge no. Less personal but still common in the US is vegan vs. non vegan, nuff said. I go any further on that subject and mods will be called in lol.

Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3770 on: September 19, 2018, 01:26:34 PM »

Ahh, I misunderstood your response.

No worries, my response is in agreement with you   Smiley

Stigma doesn't even have to be from the other side of the globe, all it takes is differing beliefs. Take me for example, I hunt and enjoy venison. People who I know are appalled that I eat Bambi, to them eating a Disney character is a huge no. Less personal but still common in the US vegan vs. non vegan, nuff said. I go any further on that subject and mods will be called in lol.

Agreed, I also don't see any problem with you hunting and eating venison. In fact, I salute you for being a huntress.  Everyone has an opinion towards anything nowadays but as long as you're happy doing what you're doing, it's all that matters.  Grin

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #3771 on: September 19, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »

We hate being hot and I get it, I'm warm my nature so I do love AC as well but not that cold.  72 to 74 is fine with me.

I don't have anything against AC for what it is as it must be very usefull sometimes. I just think setting it too low makes it both use a lot of energy that is not needed and very unhealthy. If it's 100°F outside, 75°F should feel refreshing enough and if it's 40°F than I take it you don't need more than 65-70°F to feel comfortable. Too strong temperature changes prevent your body from adapting as if should (within reason of course).

Sorry about that. I forgot that particular cultural difference. It's a lean and rather healthy meat that I enjoy but I understand other people may have strong feelings against eating it. I respect that the same way as I would respect someone who eats insects (which is not in my culture) or someone who chooses not to eat meat (also no really in my culture).

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3772 on: September 19, 2018, 02:08:49 PM »

Sorry about that. I forgot that particular cultural difference. It's a lean and rather healthy meat that I enjoy but I understand other people may have strong feelings against eating it. I respect that the same way as I would respect someone who eats insects (which is not in my culture) or someone who chooses not to eat meat (also no really in my culture).
Nothing to be sorry about, we are discussing favorite meats and your favorite is as valid as anyone else's.

If I ever go abroad, it's on my list of things to try

Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3773 on: September 19, 2018, 02:20:50 PM »

I don't have anything against AC for what it is as it must be very usefull sometimes. I just think setting it too low makes it both use a lot of energy that is not needed and very unhealthy. If it's 100°F outside, 75°F should feel refreshing enough and if it's 40°F than I take it you don't need more than 65-70°F to feel comfortable. Too strong temperature changes prevent your body from adapting as if should (within reason of course).

Agreed, I like to be comfortable so 71 to 74 is good for me and no need for anything else.

No apologies needed, Crue.  I was just stating that different cultures and places across the globe and as LAK mentioned locally, eat different meats and nothing is wrong with that.  I haven't eaten horse meat and probably never will but it's just me, I don't have anything against it either.  There are many cultures that eat bugs but most who aren't in it would think that's gross or weird but that's what those cultures have done for centuries.  LAK and I were just discussing it and adding to your comment is all. 

I didn't realize that horse meat is lean and healthy as well, good to know.  I may try it if I ever venture towards your country, Crue. Will let you know of course so you can show us around and point us to the good places to eat.   Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3774 on: September 19, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »

Just look at the movies. American protagonists won't hurt a dog...ever.  

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3775 on: September 19, 2018, 04:49:44 PM »

Same here. Horse is one of my favorite.

Never tried it, but I don't think I'd be opposed to trying it sometime. But I do really like horses (they are just so cool).
Personally, my favorite meat is probably moose.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3776 on: September 19, 2018, 04:50:52 PM »

Never tried it, but I don't think I'd be opposed to trying it sometime. But I do really like horses (they are just so cool).

Moose huh? Interesting

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3777 on: September 19, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »

I would love to try moose, wanted to go moose hunting since I was a kid. Supposedly its the best tasting of the native North American deer

Darkside Points Please

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3778 on: September 19, 2018, 04:54:42 PM »

Moose huh? Interesting

Ever had it? It often has a very gamey taste, though I've heard not nearly as much as venison. But if cooked right, it is one of the most flavorful and tender pieces of meat you will ever eat. Very very good.

I would love to try moose, wanted to go moose hunting since I was a kid. Supposedly its the best tasting of the native North American deer

We have bad luck moose hunting, but it is still fun.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3779 on: September 19, 2018, 04:56:29 PM »

Ever had it? It often has a very gamey taste, though I've heard not nearly as much as venison. But if cooked right, it is one of the most flavorful and tender pieces of meat you will ever eat. Very very good.

We have bad luck moose hunting, but it is still fun.

I don't really like gamey stuff but I'd try it at last once.

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: