Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1279506 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8865 on: September 02, 2020, 12:39:26 AM »

Oh, I'm seeing him as the Mandarin from the MCU. Cheesy Cheesy

I hope that’s for fun, because you know both the comics and MCU versions, and not from ignorance of the comics, or I might have to get sad on your behalf.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8866 on: September 02, 2020, 01:26:57 PM »

I now have an image of Darth Logos as the Mandarin (from the comics, not from the MCU), and his ten rings...
Oh, I'm seeing him as the Mandarin from the MCU. Cheesy Cheesy
"What are we waiting for?"

I hope that’s for fun, because you know both the comics and MCU versions, and not from ignorance of the comics, or I might have to get sad on your behalf.
I've heard that the MCU Mandarin was a cheap name drop that insulted the name of a truly diabolical villain, but honestly, I liked the idea of Trevor Slatery. And Kingsley just sold it, as always.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8867 on: September 02, 2020, 02:17:38 PM »

"What are we waiting for?"

I've heard that the MCU Mandarin was a cheap name drop that insulted the name of a truly diabolical villain, but honestly, I liked the idea of Trevor Slatery. And Kingsley just sold it, as always.

Yea..that was one of the first times the MCU deviated heavily from the source....it was not well received since so many comic fans were waiting for the Mandarin since they mentioned The Ten Rings in Iron Man.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #8868 on: September 02, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »

Interesting. I have to admit, that is the fist image I've ever seen of the Mandarin from the comics. He looks like a much more interesting character than what I saw in Iron Man 3. As someone unfamiliar with most of the comics though, Kingsley was the highlight of the movie for me.

Can I take a nap now?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8869 on: September 02, 2020, 03:11:23 PM »

But in the realm of the Ironman trilogy, the most other-worldly event was the reference to the events of New York (Avengers). Everything else they tried to contain within the spectrum of "real-world" science-based sci-fi. Notice how they never once mention an Infinity Stone in that trilogy? So a dude that has ten rings with powers derived from alien tech is a bit "out there".

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #8870 on: September 02, 2020, 05:14:26 PM »

But in the realm of the Ironman trilogy, the most other-worldly event was the reference to the events of New York (Avengers). Everything else they tried to contain within the spectrum of "real-world" science-based sci-fi. Notice how they never once mention an Infinity Stone in that trilogy? So a dude that has ten rings with powers derived from alien tech is a bit "out there".
Do you see the bigger picture though? Dude has ten fingers so what does he do? He wears ten rings! Step your game up! What's this up to three ring stuff all about? Ten fingers, ten rings!It's just so simple! Duh!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8871 on: September 02, 2020, 05:25:14 PM »

Do you see the bigger picture though? Dude has ten fingers so what does he do? He wears ten rings! Step your game up! What's this up to three ring stuff all about? Ten fingers, ten rings!It's just so simple! Duh!
SHUT UP! The cheap rings I have vary in specific size, so they can fit various fingers. Index fingers get used, so they are tricky to size, and thumbs are very difficult.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #8872 on: September 02, 2020, 05:27:42 PM »

Can I just point out he's got EIGHT fingers and TWO self opposing thumbs?
Just kidding carry on.....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8873 on: September 02, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »

I am now curious how a "self-opposing" thumb work. Opposable thumbs I have.

Sig by For Tyeth

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #8874 on: September 02, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »

That took longer than I expected. I knew someone was going to say that. Roll Eyes

But yeah... what Logos said. Undecided

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #8875 on: September 02, 2020, 06:48:29 PM »

Well technically the thumbs are opposing the fingers so they are opposing and opposable!
It's just the darn Auto-Correct kicking in and altering what I typed.

Carry on....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8876 on: September 02, 2020, 07:13:45 PM »

A likely story

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #8877 on: September 02, 2020, 09:07:50 PM »

I said 3 rings MINIMUM. I’ve seen him wear 6-8 🙄

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8878 on: September 02, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »

I said 3 rings MINIMUM. I’ve seen him wear 6-8 🙄
I think you were hallucinating.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #8879 on: September 02, 2020, 09:31:34 PM »

I think you were hallucinating.
I don’t count your gaudy rings, I just know I’ve seen you with at least 3 rings to a hand before

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: