Author Topic: Birds  (Read 10433 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 05:58:29 AM »

A couple years ago at local park, my boy was 12.
Never let food have the high ground.

It's worth reposting.

Last summer I went back down south to get some things I had left behind. Got to see the kids.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 01:55:45 PM »

^^ Lol on the food comment

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 02:27:49 PM »

Geese scare me.  I refuse to be in the same place with one unless I have a shotgun or its being served for dinner....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 07:28:18 AM »

Geese scare me.  I refuse to be in the same place with one unless I have a shotgun or its being served for dinner....
Saber noise makes excellent goose repellent.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 02:29:47 PM »

I never understood the geese terror... in my experience just posture back and they back off  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 02:31:13 PM »

I never understood the geese terror... in my experience just posture back and they back off  Grin

Its a childhood thing.  I was swarmed by a flock when I was two.  They were bigger than me and I was terrified. 
I don't really run from them anymore but there's always that itch when I see them to grab a gun...

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 02:32:39 PM »

When my brother and I were younger, we were out in the park running and a goose started to chase after my brother. I got in between them two and started to scream at the goose, it backed off and went away.

Saber noise makes excellent goose repellent.

Speaking from experience, Logos? Do share.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »

Speaking from experience, Logos? Do share.
About 2 years ago, I was out at the River Walk for our Monday stroll. I had a saber on my belt because I was supposed to duel my head accountant's son after the walk. He never showed, but I still had my saber. One goose decided to step up to my dog (who goes off-leash, but would hurt a fly). I stepped up to block, but he wasn't getting it. I thumbed on my saber. The snap-hiss made him bow his neck and back off like "OH $#!%! Mad bad, I didn't know it was like that."

Sig by For Tyeth

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 05:39:31 PM »

About 2 years ago, I was out at the River Walk for our Monday stroll. I had a saber on my belt because I was supposed to duel my head accountant's son after the walk. He never showed, but I still had my saber. One goose decided to step up to my dog (who goes off-leash, but would hurt a fly). I stepped up to block, but he wasn't getting it. I thumbed on my saber. The snap-hiss made him bow his neck and back off like "OH $#!%! Mad bad, I didn't know it was like that."

LOL     I'm going to have to try that...   There's a bunch of geese in the local park, my daughter and I duel there sometimes (draws a crowd, lots of fun, we're thinking of getting with bigBear and starting a local chapter...) but I've never tried my saber out on the local fowl population.   I'll have to take my sounded saber next time and try it out!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »

haha, that'll show the goose.  Little did he know that the "hooman" was actually a Sith taking his dog for a stroll.  I'm pretty sure that never happened again.  Point for you

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 01:02:33 PM »

haha, that'll show the goose.  Little did he know that the "hooman" was actually a Sith taking his dog for a stroll.  I'm pretty sure that never happened again.  Point for you
It hasn't actually. Grin He must have spread the word.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 04:09:58 PM »

BTW, this is the first time any body here got to see what was under the Darth Logos mask.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 12:27:29 AM »

BTW, this is the first time any body here got to see what was under the Darth Logos mask.

It's truly terrifying!!!! Wink

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 01:21:18 AM »

Here is a pic of Gavin 

And here is a baby pic. Nothing cuter than a prickly lil gargoyle  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 02:07:26 AM »

Here is a pic of Gavin 

And here is a baby pic. Nothing cuter than a prickly lil gargoyle  Grin

Pretty bird. That baby pic is extra adorable though.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: