Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Favorite swords, pre-lightsaber technology  (Read 40128 times)
Darth Pelage
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 09:54:37 AM »

Hmmm my favorite non-lightsaber swords would have to be rapiers and jians (also known as tai chi swords). I stick with what feels right to me, as with other swords I feel detached. Well there's my input that I wanted to throw out there.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:17:04 AM by FurryJedi » Logged

Delete this account.

Onli-Won Kanomi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

Jedi Knight Of Faith

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 05:15:43 PM »

Venetian Schiavona basket hilt broadsword

plain Stunt [Guardian Blue]
gold Minilord [Adegan Silver]
purple Minilord [Fire Orange]
Initiate v1 DIY [Fire Orange]
Wraith v1 [Fire Orange]
Wraith LE [Sunrider's Destiny]
Dark Apprentice [Blazing Red]
The Overlord [SRD]
Liberator v2 [Violet Amethyst]
Shock LE DIY [under construction]

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 06:55:16 PM »

I love basket hilts!

@Ultra: Mighty Morphin Awesomeness. And... I forgot to mention, you reminded me of my favorite short bladed weapon which I DO have: A Klingon D'Ktagh. (I may have misspelled that) I don't have a pic, but it's the short honor dagger with the double edged blade and two smaller blades that pop out of the sides. Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 05:42:40 AM »

Almost forgot, I rate an NCO Sword from the Jarhead days...

[img width= height=]http://www.portkarmerchant.com/catalog/images/1-186-32.jpg[/img]

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 05:53:41 AM »

Those Marine NCO Swords are nice. I'd join, but I don't think joining to get a cool sword is a very good reason to enlist...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 06:48:16 AM »

But you don't get that mofo until you make E-4...

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 06:56:19 AM »

*shrug* I love the swords and weapons you get, and alot of the uniforms too... but I'd never join up. Besides being nowhere near the proper physical condition at present (fixable with a little work), I'm too chicken for the Army or Marines, can't swim well enough to feel safe in the Navy, and well... the Airforce seems to require it's pilots to know enough high math to actually be capable of navigation... so... yeah... Though I do always say that the day the military gets X-Wings, or even Headhunters, is the day I sign up.  Grin Course, it's also probably the same day that they start handing out real lightsabers instead of swords....

I am not a color...

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 07:34:48 AM »

What was REALLY cool was getting to pick out a bridesmaid at my brother's wedding on account of the uniform. Almost as cool as live firing a Stinger missile...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 07:37:55 AM »

*shrug* I love the swords and weapons you get, and alot of the uniforms too... but I'd never join up. Besides being nowhere near the proper physical condition at present (fixable with a little work), I'm too chicken for the Army or Marines, can't swim well enough to feel safe in the Navy, and well... the Airforce seems to require it's pilots to know enough high math to actually be capable of navigation... so... yeah... Though I do always say that the day the military gets X-Wings, or even Headhunters, is the day I sign up.  Grin Course, it's also probably the same day that they start handing out real lightsabers instead of swords....

Are we the same person? Seriously. This is EXACTLY why I won't join the Military.

(Sig by me!)

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 07:43:31 AM »

You guys crack me up. Its all a head game, anyways. If you believe it, you can be it. I walked tall at 5'8" and 140 lbs as a Corporal. I was little by Jarhead standards, but nobody would trifle with me on account of that little glint in my eye...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 07:49:58 AM »

I get what you're saying Jammo. And believe me I talked to a few recruiters, did some research, and actually gave some serious thought to joining before coming to the conclusion that it's simply not for me. of coarse it took me almost a year to convince the recruiters of this and finally get them off my back, but that's another story.

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 05:38:38 PM »

Wow. Seriously, Raze, which one of us is cloned from the other? XD That's about the same story as me, but I figured out it wasn't for me alot sooner. I don't really want to join, there's just alot about it that I respect and find very cool.

And jammo, I totally get what you're saying. In High School, I was the stereotypical definition of un-cool. Geeky, unathletic, wierd, etc. I was also one of the most popular and well liked guys on campus, and that started when I decided that I was me and that was good enough and anyone who had a problem with me being myself could jump out an airlock. Smiley If you decide you can do something, there is very, VERY little that can stand in your way.

And getting back on topic, that's how I wound up owning a bunch of swords and lightsabers and blasters and a rifle and... all the other absurd stuff I have. Grin

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 07:09:57 PM »

Same here, there's a lot of things I respect and admire, it's just not my thing.

I've seen a few swords at MuseumReplicas.com that I've considered buying, like that cavalry saber I posted on the last page.

(Sig by me!)

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 11:45:42 PM »

Man, I was a band geek. But yeah, moving along... nothin' like a good tanto or something.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 12:13:06 AM »

Jammo, my GF was a Bando when we met. Band Geeks are awesome. On a funny and related note... that year the band pooled their money and bought the Director a MR Luke RotJ. Ah, those were the days...

But yeah, I think everyone needs a good hand and a half sword. Grin

I am not a color...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: