Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Favorite Star Wars Scenes...  (Read 7778 times)
Jobius Rex
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 07:28:53 PM »

My favorite scene is by far the final duel between Vader and Luke where he attacks from the shadows, it is possibly one of the best lightsaber fights in its simplicity and the sweeping music that accompanies it.

Other than that my next favorite scene would probably be the line they cut from Yoda where he was supposed to say "Skywalker. Skywalker. And why do you come to walk my sky, with the sword of a Jedi knight?...I remember another Skywalker."

Do not live only in light for you will be blinded by it.
Do not dwell in the darkness for your sight will not pierce it.
Only by embracing both your light and your shadow can you truly see.

Keiwanis
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 65

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 09:30:32 PM »

This is the scene for me.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dlM3sHiMT0#
As Obi-Wan's cuts off Anakin's legs and Anakin rolls downhill, it seems as though Obi-Wan wants to help him but stops himself (0:51). After he realizes Anakin is now Vader, he pulls himself together, only to have the well of emotions errupt.

We all know Anakin feels remorse for his dark deeds, because we see him crying after the seperatists are eliminated. However, I see more of this on Anakin's face as Obi-Wan is explaining his disbelief (1:13). It's like good and evil are battling within him (Sure, it could be the pain of limb loss and raging heat, but I see emotion there). Then Obi-Wan turns his back on him, collects his saber (This weapon is your life!) and starts to walk away. Seeing all of this, no doubt, allows evil to win.

He screams "I HATE YOU!!!" (like a pissed-off teenager to their parents), and right after he says it he has a look of disbelief in his own words (1:34). What makes the whole scene, for me, is when Obi-Wan says "You were my brother Anakin. I loved you." which, partially due to the music, makes my heart sink through the floor everytime.

Lastly, I think Anakin is reaching out to Obi-Wan for help, and not just trying to grab higher ground (2:08).

WOW! I never really saw this scene like that! THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING! I now see this part entirely different.

KEIWANIS BANNER

-Light Side Points appreciated Smiley-

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »

As Obi-Wan's cuts off Anakin's legs and Anakin rolls downhill, it seems as though Obi-Wan wants to help him but stops himself (0:51). After he realizes Anakin is now Vader, he pulls himself together, only to have the well of emotions errupt.

We all know Anakin feels remorse for his dark deeds, because we see him crying after the seperatists are eliminated. However, I see more of this on Anakin's face as Obi-Wan is explaining his disbelief (1:13). It's like good and evil are battling within him (Sure, it could be the pain of limb loss and raging heat, but I see emotion there). Then Obi-Wan turns his back on him, collects his saber (This weapon is your life!) and starts to walk away. Seeing all of this, no doubt, allows evil to win.

He screams "I HATE YOU!!!" (like a pissed-off teenager to their parents), and right after he says it he has a look of disbelief in his own words (1:34). What makes the whole scene, for me, is when Obi-Wan says "You were my brother Anakin. I loved you." which, partially due to the music, makes my heart sink through the floor everytime.

Lastly, I think Anakin is reaching out to Obi-Wan for help, and not just trying to grab higher ground (2:08).

This is how I've always thought of this movie, but I've never been able to say it so eloquently.  Nicely done!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 01:55:46 AM »

nero im sure that i mentioned lukes training with yoda  Wink

bopyloo
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

great, kid, don't get cocky!

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 02:44:58 AM »

The Mos Eisley cantina scene
The battle of Yavin
The battle of Hoth
The asteroid field
The battle over Coruscant
Geonosis arena
The various scenes were Yoda trains Luke
Obi vs. Grievous
Ewoks tearing up AT-STs

those are my favorites... but I love them all!!!

Do, or do not. There is no try. Tongue

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: