Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3447 3448 [3449] 3450 3451 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4918372 times)
Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #51720 on: January 04, 2020, 03:54:27 AM »

"Fans evolved and the franchise devolved. Plain and simple. My hope is that they are learning from their success with the Mandalorian. Thus far it has been a real treat. A Star Wars western, with the cutest friggin thing EVER. Yes they still have a lot of nostalgia, but for the most part the characters are simple yet convincing and the focus is more on the story."

really, the best 2 in a decade would be this and Rogue One.
granted, we knew what was going to happen to the characters but most of them we liked, at least some back story where we cared for the characters.
good, original action scenes. Solo wasn't bad either, big issue was it came out too soon after TLJ and took flack before it even hit the screen.

I really liked Solo it was a real space western.  But yeah too soon after TLJ and all the backlash.   Plus Mandalorian is just plain good

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #51721 on: January 05, 2020, 04:36:07 AM »

That is exactly why Solo failed IMO. I assume by "this" you mean Mando?
Dude! You totally ripped off my thing.

yes, sorry. I mean The Mandalorian.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #51722 on: January 05, 2020, 05:59:04 AM »

I really liked Solo. Rogue One is actually my favorite Star Wars movie.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #51723 on: January 05, 2020, 07:07:04 AM »

Solo is actually my personal favorite lol

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51724 on: January 05, 2020, 04:47:53 PM »

I like both Solo and Rogue One but Ep 9 is my favorite of the new sequel trilogy.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #51725 on: January 05, 2020, 04:53:55 PM »

Out of the two stand-alone movies, I like Solo the best.  I liked Rogue One, but Solo is just fun to watch.  TROS is also my favorite of the new trilogy.  I also like it better than any of the prequels. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51726 on: January 05, 2020, 05:10:15 PM »

Out of the two stand-alone movies, I like Solo the best.  I liked Rogue One, but Solo is just fun to watch.  TROS is also my favorite of the new trilogy.  I also like it better than any of the prequels. 

Of the mainline movies TROS is certainly up there for me.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #51727 on: January 05, 2020, 05:41:45 PM »

I haven't seen Rise of Skywalker yet.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51728 on: January 05, 2020, 06:19:56 PM »

I haven't seen Rise of Skywalker yet.

Well, get on it!  The longer you wait, the harder it gets to avoid spoilers, after all.   Smiley

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51729 on: January 06, 2020, 02:09:34 PM »

Of the mainline movies TROS is certainly up there for me.
I'll give it best of the sequels, but that doesn't say much.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #51730 on: January 06, 2020, 11:15:59 PM »

My current ranking of the "saga" movies is:
ESB
TROS (yes, it's #2)
ANH (I know it's the OG but parts are just dull)
ROTJ
TFA
AOTC
TLJ
TPM
ROTS (yes, I like TPM better than ROTS because the acting and dialog is almost painful to watch at time in ROTS)

Of all the released in theatre SW movies they would be:
ESB
TROS
ANH
ROTJ
Solo (very underrated in my opinion)
TFA
R1
AOTC
TCW (the Clone Wars)
TLJ
TPM
ROTS

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51731 on: January 07, 2020, 01:50:48 PM »

ROTS (yes, I like TPM better than ROTS because the acting and dialog is almost painful to watch at time in ROTS)
SERIOUSLY?!? You thought ROTS had worse dialog than ATC? I swore if one more motha#$%&er said "m'lady" in ATC, I was going to shoot Lucas. Plus ROTS gave us the best saber duels to ever be filmed.

Allow me to assist in the redo of your list. Tongue

ESB
TROS
ANH
ROTJ
Solo (very underrated in my opinion)
TFA
R1
AOTC
TCW (the Clone Wars)
TPM
ROTS
Ewoks
The other Ewoks
Christmas Special
TLJ

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51732 on: January 07, 2020, 03:27:34 PM »

I will exclude the Holiday Special and Ewok movies as I havent ever seen them (though I doubt they'd be terribly high on the list. My list for the movies is:

1. Solo
2. ANH
3. TFA
4. ESB
5. TROS
6. TLJ
7. R1
8. ROTS
9. ROTJ
10. TPM
11. AOTC
12. TCW

*Please note most of these are extremely close and this is a list of how I like the movies subjectively, as opposed to quality. The only ones I actively dislike are marked in red.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51733 on: January 07, 2020, 06:37:19 PM »

I will exclude the Holiday Special and Ewok movies as I havent ever seen them (though I doubt they'd be terribly high on the list. My list for the movies is:

1. Solo
2. ANH
3. TFA
4. ESB
5. TROS
6. TLJ
7. R1
8. ROTS
9. ROTJ
10. TPM
11. AOTC
12. TCW

*Please note most of these are extremely close and this is a list of how I like the movies subjectively, as opposed to quality. The only ones I actively dislike are marked in red.

Oh FORCE! What is with the sudden outpouring of love for TLJ?

In keeping with the current topic, I'll stick to just the theatrical releases. Else-wise Mando would be in my top 5.

These are in order of quality of story told

1. ESB
2. ROTJ
3. ROTS
3. ATC+
5. Solo
6. TROS
7. TPM
8. R1
9. ANH
10. TFA
51. TLJ

+ The 2 stories within these 2 films (Anakins fall and the fall of the Republic) I felt were essential continuous, but that the endings were only slightly better than the beginnings.

*I left room for future developments

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51734 on: January 07, 2020, 06:58:09 PM »

Oh FORCE! What is with the sudden outpouring of love for TLJ?

Again, thats why I said its more my subjective "how much I like them" vs objective quality. Ive always been pretty open on my opinions of TLJ. Its not my favorite, and certainly has flaws, but I personally enjoy the story thats told, especially Luke's arc since I like more humanized aspects to heroes. I also think it has the best visuals of the franchise. Ultimately there are some dislikes I have with it which is why its about center of my list; I didnt like Hux or Phasma's treatment, and Canto Bight was really dumb, but I didnt hate it. Perfectly average SW movie for me.

Pages: 1 ... 3447 3448 [3449] 3450 3451 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: